It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Soon: $8 Fee To Enter Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well if constantly rising gas prices werent enough,now New Yorkers can pay just to enter Manhattan.

This weekend Mayor Michael Bloomberg is expected to introduce an $8.00 congestion fee for drivers who enter Manhattan below 86th Street.

(CBS) NEW YORK A controversial new plan is about to be implemented to improve the quality of life in New York City.

wcbstv.com...

On the city's traffic-clogged arteries Friday, Bloomberg was not a popular guy. "Next thing he's gonna charge us to cross the street," one driver said.

wcbstv.com...

Full story here
wcbstv.com...

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As if I needed another reason to avoid Manhatten, no offense, I just don't like BIG cities....

....Manhatten hmmmm, this couldn't be the work of SO could it?

Does he have the ear of Mayor Bloomberg?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal about this.

I mean does New York not have the largest public transportation system in the country?

I mean do you really actually need to drive in Manhattan?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Paying for tolls driving into the city is just about the same price.

It is like a new toll to help maintain the roadways. Individuals are always allowed to take a bus/ferry/Path or other rail into the city if they do not wish to use the roadways.

Much cheaper to path into the city anyway...I do it all the time.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Meh, I already pay 4 dollars just to get back to my house from the city. Its insane. Everybody does everything they can to take my money from me

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I really don't see what this would accomplish. Not many people here drive in the city during the daytime anyway since it's usually much easier and faster to use the subway (plus most of us who live in Manhattan don't even own cars).

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I really don't see what this would accomplish. Not many people here drive in the city during the daytime anyway since it's usually much easier and faster to use the subway (plus most of us who live in Manhattan don't even own cars).

Perhaps it is to get rid of the few remaining people who do, so that they
can institute a complete public transport system in the area, sort of like
what Paris is doing.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Same thing been done here in london. Life is expensive!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Talk about purposely creating a divide between upper and lower class. Upper class will be able to afford travelling to the inner city now, the lower class will have to remain on the outskirts... with the factories, and other various low tech menial jobs.

Well, at least the upper class can have a nice quiet scum free drive to work.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

join