It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOOO! The gun restriction laws of Russia are CRAZY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
NOoooo! And I am going to Russia, where every criminal will at least have a Stechkin or Makarov pistol, and at most a little battle tank or missile launcher!! And what will I have? Well I can in Russia buy a pistol that shoots RUBBER bullets
or a smoothbore singleshot weapon that requires millions of tests, a license and all kinds of other crap!! Aagghhh
, or I can try to bring my air rifle to Russia. So its basically me vs someone with a Muha (rocket propelled anti tank grenade launcher
) very fair eh? Luck you Americans, and Switzerland too, lol. Damnit, so what am I supposed to do now for defense and hunting? And yes, I am going to the Russian army, but every time I step out the base to visit home or whatever, I will have millions of heavily armed criminals facing poor unarmed me
damnit! That is my rant! Man, maybe I should run for Russian president, just in time for 2008
and change those damn gun laws. lol, kidding, but I do hope to one day become Russian president, and if I do, you bet every Russian will be like them US Texans

but I'll only become president if I survive the missiles, bullets, etc that will be shot at me not by countries I'm at war with (I'll have a better chance of surviving cuz I'll actually be armed) but by normal Russian non-law abiding people, and I won't be able to protect myself!

I guess the only thing to do is enter the Matrix and learn to dodge missiles and bullets like Neo I guess? They even ban throwing knives and boomerangs? How &*&&ed up is that????!?!? Damnit

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Can you get a Bow? If you got really good with it you could use one, particularly a Longbow, I think the record is 200lbs of force in it. Not much against someone with a gun, but I don't see someone shooting someone else with a big bit of wood sticking out of them.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No way.. Soldier you're exagerating here...
The fact with "rubber shooting" pneumatic guns is that yes, they are legal. BUT it's too dangerous to carry one around. We got so many bandits and hooligans in the streets that you'll surely be apt to some shooting. The problem's the POLICE in fact. If you start shooting you'll get incriminated for attemted murder, or at least for abuse of self defence. Moreover you'll surely get beaten at he police station, your gun will be confiscated, and they [the police] might even incriminate you for something you really didn't do by connecting the gun to some other cases which are too f# hard to solve.... The police are a problem. I'd been thinking of getting a pneumatic gun for self defence for quite a while now - but I'm constantly pertubed by the drawbacks of carrying and probably using one in our streets. Police brutality sucks.

Actually, I haven't seen any real guns around (except the police, carrying even AK-47's n' stuff)... perhaps there are, but they must be really well concealed or something... We don't get shot here - we get stabbed or beaten to death.

Peace.

[edit on 23/4/07 by MastaG]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Spasibo za sovet, bratan

Well fists and knives won't do crap against me

Well hopefully I won't need a real gun. However, while police brutality does exist, what you mentioned seems doesn't seem like a common thing in Russia, when I was there I never saw police brutality, and have plenty of family and some friends there, and none of them have been subject to police brutality, I hope its not as bad as you say it is now

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Spasibo za sovet, bratan

Well fists and knives won't do crap against me

Well hopefully I won't need a real gun. However, while police brutality does exist, what you mentioned seems doesn't seem like a common thing in Russia, when I was there I never saw police brutality, and have plenty of family and some friends there, and none of them have been subject to police brutality, I hope its not as bad as you say it is now

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
When's the last time you been here? I get to hear crazy stories like every day, man! Police brutality is crazy. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm afraid of the police at night than the actual criminals. You'll be like walking at night they approach n' search, tell you that your description matches to some f# guy who is a criminal, damn. The next thing you know is that you'll be riding in the back in a 50cm wide cell in the back of an OAZ jeep, s**t! I was taken once for just sitting on a busstop at 'bout 00:30! They so f# up, really! My friends get beaten up at the police stations for real - i've seen the demage done to their faces and bodies - scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've been harrassed by US cops though, and been to jail and served for a few months a couple of times, all for nothing, er mistakes, not crimes, in jail I saw alot of people who had bruised faces from being beat by cops... a human is a human, whether its in Russia or in America, there is nothing done there that is not done here
humans are humans and there is alot of evil

Its been a long time since I left there, but like I said my relatives and friends live there, we write in Russian emails everyday to each other.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, at least that doesn't happen as often. Our cops aren't humans, they're pigs (of course there are some good cops who stand to their job, but their wage is so low that corruption and aggression reigns)...

At least, in America, you get your rights: "You have the right to remain silent...bla bla bla"... you don't get your rights quoted here. They just beat you up for their own mistakes. I've been fortunate enough for now...

Check this out: www.akm1917.org...

That was a photo shoot of a parade on the 15th I think... See how these huge bastards fuc**n' knock women off their feet! Look at that bus! That's just scary... You don't get it there, do you?

Are you planning on coming back sometime?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm going back to Russia forever in a few months.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
RS -- the gun laws in the US aren't as liberal as you might expect. Someone having an RPG type weapon would be rare, I'd guess, and if they did have one, they wouldn't advertise it.

I'm a fan and collector of Soviet firearms, and am the proud owner of:

M91/31 Mosin-Nagant rifle
SKS rifle
M95 Nagant revolver
TT-33 Tokarev pistol
Makarov pistol
AK-74

I'd love to get my hands on a Stechkin...

You can get the Nagant revolver, Tokarev, and Makarov for under $250 US, so if you can get one here and over there, you can try that route. The Tokarev is the most powerful of those three, but the ammo is harder to find. The Nagant revolver is the weakest of the three, and ammo is very hard to find, and expensive, so you're best bet might be to get a Makarov.

-Z (Bolshoj Pushka)

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm definately getting myself a Glock pneumatic gun...

new topics

top topics

join