It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Erects Baghdad Wall to Keep Sects Apart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The idea of building walls to keep people apart does not work, look at Northern Ireland, we've had walls built to keep catholics and prodestants separated for years and there has still been thousands of murders commited. I personally believe that the walls cause people to resent the people on the other side of the divide. As another poster put it, "divide and rule".

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Nuclear threats and these "small regional conflicts" are kinda like comparing the NFL to pee wee football.

I would not prefer nuclear threats, to answer your question. Just don't think I would like to have any type of conflicts. Do you think the duties done in Iraq were for the best?

Infoholic,

Yes! Now we're on the same page. You've proven my basic point: The Road to Lasting Peace is full of bumps, obsticles, detours, and delays.

Rebuilding Iraq is going to be a long painful uphill fight, but taking the short cut of trying to build a wall in the middle of the city isn't the answer we need. What Iraq needs is an Effective way to bring it's people Together not pull them apart. The Iraqis need to start communicating and resolving their differences at the table instead of with guns and bombs. A huge wall will make communication Harder, not easier!

Tim

[edit on 4/24/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Work on Baghdad wall continues despite premier's opposition

The construction of a three-mile wall around a Sunni neighbourhood in Baghdad continued Monday, the military spokesman for the Iraqi government said, despite Premier Nuri al-Maliki's opposition to the plan.

So - the People if Iraq do not want to live surrounded with Walls like some kind of caged animals; and Iraqi PM is also against it. Who actually wants to have a divided city by walls?

Guessed already?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The US will stay. I said it earlier, the country has already lost close to 1%-3% of its indeginous population since the beginning of the war. It will continue like this until every single individual in Iraq has lost someone dear to them, and the genocide rate has reached close to 10%. By that time many foreigners, primarily investors, will have moved into these walled communities to fill the gap. The foreigners will then support any further action against what is left of the insurgency, regardless of how ruthless it is.

At that point the capitol city and the top three-five largest cities will have been split into many walled communities if the violence can not be quelled. One a good percentage of foreign population has moved into Iraq, the violence will calm down because there will be few left to side with the insurection and hide their martyrs. The Empire will protect the interests of its foreign investors at any cost, and brutally make an example of those who threaten them.

I predict by 2025, most of Iraq will be free of violene, and heavily populated with foreign investors, with Baghdad becoming a new International corporate city-state, kinda like Dubai City.

Nowhere in this timespan, will anyone decalre war with Iran. The threats are to just keep them spending on defense until they begin neglecting funding for more important things to reduce their regional influence.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

I predict by 2025, most of Iraq will be free of violene, and heavily populated with foreign investors, with Baghdad becoming a new International corporate city-state, kinda like Dubai City.

I am afraid that you are quite right with this part of your post. The goal of the invasion and genocide of the Iraqi people is all for the benefit of corporate and the oil barons of the world.
with the blessings of America.

But we all know that it was all pre planned Cheney got his wish even if he doesn't live to see it.

He was hospitalized or had some problems, some said after the news about impeachment.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well like I said, buy property now. If can't stop it, we might as well make money off of it. When in Rome right (which is about where America is now a days)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We all wish that money was for us American people that are putting forward our young men and women for a corporate sponsored war.

But the truth is that all we are going to see is nothing than the death of more of our soldiers fighting for corporate america and the oil barons take over of the last vast resources of oil in the world.

How much more lives is that oil worth.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Telegraph

Capt Mohammad Jasim, an Iraqi soldier manning a checkpoint on the Adhamiya bridge, said: "The Americans did not listen to us. We think this wall has made the area inside the wall more dangerous for people.

Um Doraid, a middle-aged housewife, said: "We here inside the wall are still as vulnerable as ever."

Those who think that Walls increase the Peace and Security are severly mistaken. Actually local Iraqi soldiers think, that this Wall will actually make things MORE dangerous for the people of Iraq.

Geee, I forgot this is not about the people of Iraq at all.

What is it all about again?

[edit on 4/5/07 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join