It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They should impeach the President and put me in charge.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd be perfect. No one would oppose my rule. I would sustain power and I would maintain a power base, I would suspend the constitution, I'd make the public think that they have been within the grasp of the shadow government for so long that presidents have been following orders, and then everyone would like me, and I'd force people to swear an oath.

No one would stop me.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i cant help but feel thats kind of de-constructive. are you saying you would like a dictatorship? how would you sustain your power base, violence im assuming? i think ill vote for the opposing candidate. i'd rather be in the grasp of a shadow government and wonder then be told straight out im getting screwed and know it.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
i cant help but feel thats kind of de-constructive. are you saying you would like a dictatorship? how would you sustain your power base, violence im assuming? i think ill vote for the opposing candidate. i'd rather be in the grasp of a shadow government and wonder then be told straight out im getting screwed and know it.

I'd give people what they want and help people learn through time that they have been bred to fear people. I will force the opposing nations to stop making us fear them and then I will force the shadow government to depart and I will also initiate the creation of super space age technology and I will make it available to the public so that the people who that everyone thought was crazy and after a time when I have stopped all violence then I will step down and take another different position in the US government so that I will help things work behind the scenes.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
1. There's no such thing as a shadow government.
2. The constiution exists for a reason.
3. You'd be dead before the weeks end.

[edit on 4/21/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
1. There's no such thing as a shadow government.
2. The constiution exists for a reason.
3. You'd be dead before the weeks end.

You should have saw that i used the words "convince" and it wouldn't be my opinion. I don't exactly know where you are going at but I wouldn't abolish the Constitution and if George W Bush can do it I can do it too, so there.

Of course, this doesn't affect my ATS campaign because i am not doing it here.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I would suspend the constitution

True you did'nt say you would abolish it, but you did say suspend,
which is even worse.

And this will effect your campaign, even if you did'nt mean for it to.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds like some kind of Orwellian nightmare to me (and probably the vast majority of US citizens, too)... I also would be surprised if you lasted very long. I fail to see how you could just "suspend the Constitution" and hope to get away with it. Hell, I'm not an American but I understand this.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I would suspend the constitution

Yrue you did'nt say you would abolish it, but you did say suspend,
which is even worse.

And this will effect your campaign, even if you did'nt mean for it to.

Where did I say that I wanted to be a dictator, you put the words in my mouth and you confused me.

Those were your words, not mine. Did i ever say that i wanted to be a dictator? No I didn't. I was saying if GWB can do it, and he is not that intelligent, then I can do it too.

I was also saying that I would try to convince people that they have been under the control of some outside force beyond the government that was an external force which withheld the members of the government and they congregated where the force was located. That being said, there is obviously an outside force acting on the government, so they call it a shadow government.

You, Iori, need to read 1984 before you criticize politics.

I do not want to be a dictator, what I meant was when I was saying that I will step down when violence has ended is that after I have ran for a few times, for two terms, then didn't run the next, then I'd run again, for two more terms, and then I'd continue taking the mandatory one break term between terms, and I'd try to get all violence settled.

Who said I wanted a dictatorship?

It's one of my fantasies in real life. Everyone wants to be a dictator, but I will not be a dictator in ATS.

Please choose your words carefully, next time Iori.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Where did I say that I wanted to be a dictator, you put the words in my mouth and you confused me.
Those were your words, not mine. Did i ever say that i wanted to be a dictator? No I didn't. I was saying if GWB can do it, and he is not that intelligent, then I can do it too.

When did I use the word dictator?

I can criticize politics without reading anything, and besides that,
I know the premise of 1984.

I do not want to be a dictator, what I meant was when I was saying that I will step down when violence has ended is that after I have ran for a few times, for two terms, then didn't run the next, then I'd run again, for two more terms, and then I'd continue taking the mandatory one break term between terms, and I'd try to get all violence settled.

There would always be violence, as everyone would hate you.

You would also be going against the Constitution, and besides that no
one would vote for you if you did any of that.

No one said the word dictator, but if you did any of that , that's what
you'd be doing.

Everyone wants to be a dictator, but I will not be a dictator in ATS.

Speak for yourself, I for one would not want to be such, and I'm sure
there are many people who would not want to be either.

Please choose your words carefully, next time Iori.

The term "Don't call the tea kettle black." comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

When did I use the word dictator?

I can criticize politics without reading anything, and besides that,
I know the premise of 1984.

There would always be violence, as everyone would hate you.

You would also be going against the Constitution, and besides that no
one would vote for you if you did any of that.

Iori. I never said this had to do with my campaign on ATS did I? Where did you get THAT idea?

No one said the word dictator, but if you did any of that , that's what
you'd be doing.

Again, you are assuming that I want to be a dictator, and that's where you are wrong. If you think I am joking think again. If you think I am talking about being President on PTS in this thread, think again. You are being narrow minded.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Iori. I never said this had to do with my campaign on ATS did I? Where did you get THAT idea?

I did'nt mean your campaign, I mean that if you were to do this fantasy-scenario, no one would vote for you, and if you kept power even than, you would be by definition a dictator.

Also, in regards to your ATS campaign, this entire thread will end up
hurting your chances, is what I meant earlier.

Again, you are assuming that I want to be a dictator, and that's where you are wrong. If you think I am joking think again. If you think I am talking about being President on PTS in this thread, think again. You are being narrow minded.

I was'nt assuming that, though you did say that it was your fantasy to
be such.

I am not being narrow minded.

new topics

top topics

join