It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your very first memory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Title is self explanatory.
My first memory is (I think my first ever thought). My mum Must have been giving me a bath at the age of 2 maybe, She must have said something about boys and girls.
My exact memory is standing on my own in a towel in the bathroom and I thought, What am I then. A boy or girl. I obviously didn't know the difference and I don't remeber anything before that...

Am I strange??? LOL

JbT

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't call that strange.

Im not sure what my first memory was. But I do know it was one of these two.

Either it was a memory of my Father's little home brew cellar in the basement. I just remeber sitting there and watching him make beer.

Or it is of nightmares @ nighttime. I can remeber being so scared as a kid that I would hide underneath my teddy bears with my eyes closed, trying not to breath, or make any noise. To this day, I still dont like to sleep with my feet or any part of my body hanging off the bed (I get the boogy man feeling).

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Mine is of gettting a puppy, my parents gave to me when I was 4, he was so small he needed a clock and a smalll bottle to feed from, but he died ................he was taken away from his mother too soon. Yeah, it is a sad memory for me.I remember staying with him all day every day just talking to him and I got so close to him.then he died, I was so sad..........I loved that puppy.

[edit on 073030p://26047 by truthseeker1011]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My first memory is of me talking to a box turtle in the strawberry patch.
Him and I were sitting in the patch, eating the berries.
He did not talk back (that I remember).

I had to be 3..because we moved when I was still 3..

[edit on 20-4-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies, very interesting.
I hope to get more First Memories from more members.

Edit: Alot of irrelevent stuff.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Gee, sorry I'm a few years late for this post. Anyways, my first memory I was 2, or slightly less than 2, my family was sitting around the table and I looked up at this big shiny silver thing & wondered what it was (it was a teapot), so I reached up to grab it... yeah, I got burnededed, not badly, by spilling hot tea on myself). I don't like tea, but I don't think that's why, lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Escaping the cot by rocking it onto the double bed and bumming my way downstairs because we had visitors and I wouldn't be left out. Odd thing is Mum said I started walking properly at 12 months so it must have been before that since she remembers me nonchalantly crawling into the living room.

edit on 13-3-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Explanation: S&F!

Nope! You seem to be within the average age range for having a 1st memory [which should of been along the lines of ... "I think, therefor I am!"
] and are therefor not strange!!!

Personal Disclosure: My 1st memory was in-utero [in the womb] and it was my mothers heartbeat and it is the MOST relaxing and beautiful sound to me and is also why I draw the line at 3rd trimester abortions!

For comparison ... I once interrogated my next youngest brother about his 1st memory and for him it was on his 1st birthday when my mum handed him piece of birthday cake and he dropped it and started crying because at that moment he literally realized that he WAS!
(I actually remember that same moment in time from my point of view as his OLder brother since I was also there.
)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Laying in my cot playing with the balls on the side. They were red, yellow, blue and green with a spring on top and bottom. My mum keeked round the door then came to get me.

Gran carrying me to the big window to watch rain and I saw forked lightning. It stopped in the air just above the house and a spark fell off it onto the road below. The empty houses across the road all seemed to have people looking out the windows. Creepy!

Papa carrying me into his bedroom and holding me up high to see this giant teddy on top of his wardrobe. And he was going "ooh, ooh, wassat?" Then he lay me on the sofa and put teddy on top. (and he probably got a row for giving me a pressie too early because he'd have to buy more) That giant teddy turned out to be about a foot high.

I also remember getting into a tin bath in front of the coal fire, then getting talc on an a huge terry nappy with a pin and plastic pants on top. Then I probably peed into them straight away, 'cos that's what babies do.

top topics

join