It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Books...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hi I'm interested in reading some good books about aliens etc. anyone know of any good ones that aren't to far fetched?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Above Top Secret by Timothy Good
www.timothygood.co.uk...

Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper (for UFO folklore sake)

There are a ton of books out there - just depends on what genre of UFO research you are interested in.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm more into the "inter-dimensional" being aspect of aliens I suppose, I read Nothing in this book is true, but it's exactly the way things are, and some of it was ridiculous and I liked alot of it, it was very thought provoking, something similar to that I guess. I'm just looking for a credible author I guess.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
UFOs and the National Security State - Richard Dolan

Exempt From Disclosure - Robert Collins

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Obviously there is a lot of controversy around this book, but it may have just what your looking for.

Hidden Truth: Forbidden Knowledge by Stephen Greer

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
this site may be able to help

I personally recommend any book by David Jacobs, John Mack, Whitley Streiber, or Budd Hopkins their books aren't what one would consider from the inter-dimensional perspective but they are good none the less

happy book hunting

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If you're interested in the more scientific perspective on extraterrestrial life and intelligence, you might try Cosmos by the late Carl Sagan, as well as Contact by Carl Sagan. The former is the book version of Sagan's popular PBS television series, and the latter is pure science fiction, something unusual for Sagan, but with a very sound scientific foundation.

In fact, I always rather liked Sagan's idea of alien contact — that we intercept a cosmic broadcast of the Encyclopedia Galactica, and decipher enough of it to build an alien craft which then takes us to meet the aliens. The book is better than the movie, IMO.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thankyou guys I really appreciate it I'm checking all of the suggestions out and deciding what suits me best.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Some of the books Iv'e read that were at least interesting:

UFO The Government Files, Brookesmith
Abduction, John E. Mack
Cosmic Voyage, Courtney Brown
Flying Saucers from outer space, Donald E. Keyhoe
Flying Saucers - Serious Business, Frank Edwards

as someone's mentioned above Good's book: Above Top Secret is an essential I feel for the new and the old researcher as a hand book on cases pre /96.

Great thread !

Dallas

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPillars
Hi I'm interested in reading some good books about aliens etc. anyone know of any good ones that aren't to far fetched?

The mainstream would say that all books on aliens are far fetched, to begin with.
In 1988 I did skim through a book entitled UFO CRASH in Aztec, written by William Steinman, at a bookstore. In 1989, I had a chance to listen to William Steinman at an informal gathering at a residence in Los Angeles. Since then, Mr. Steinman 'disappeared' from the UFO community. His whereabouts is unknown since then.
Now, 19 years later I am beginning to take a renewed interest in the alleged crash at Aztec, New Mexico, which was first publicized by Frank Scully's fascinating 1950 book, BEHIND THE FLYING SAUCERS, which was later debunked even by the so-called UFO research community.
I just recently got hold of Mr. Steinman's book (which gives credence to Scully's book) and began to read it carefully this time.
I am quite impressed with the research done by Bill Steinman.
I highly recommend this fascinating book, a book that gives credence to Frank Scully's book which was unfairly debunked.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
to keep on par with scientific perspective a must is
Paul R. Hill's Unidentified Flying Objects

oh and..

on par with Dallas' suggestion Above Top Secret The Worldwide Ufo Cover Up by Timothy Good is a good one for playing catch up it goes for $3 on Amazon

top topics

join