It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS's "The Unit" runs VA school takeover scenerio April 10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The Unit is called in to help out the local SWAT team when a prominent school in Virginia is taken over by shooters. They must determine how to free the hostages without the students getting injured.

On the homefront, Lissy has a young man interested in her, which turns into a delicate situation as he is the son of an Officer. Kim further complicates this matter, when she defies Tiffy’s orders and Lissy pays the price.

Now this is a little creepy to say the least.

Episode recap

[edit] oh crap! the recap isnt there. CLick the 'overview'tab for a summary. Where'd the recap go?[/edit]

[edit on 20-4-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
One week before Cho goes through with it CBS does.

I suppose if he had sent his manifesto to CBS and not NBC it would be even more amazing but this coincidence is pretty amazing to me nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That episode had nothing to do with a lone gunman slaughtering innocents.
It was a bunch of Chechens marking the anniversary of the Beslan school massacre with a copycat attack. The only similarity is that it was set in Virginia.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I also did find this bit of info interesting. It's almost like the lone gunman all over again. I also find it more interesting taking cbs' logo into consideration.

Foreknowledge might have been a possibility, the unit never struck me as a hit show though, so maybe it's reach is more minimal than other shows, but i don't have an exact number of the ratings.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Other VTech synchronicities

--Cable channels were showing the movie "Higher Learning" in the days before. In it, a shooter (white nazi) kills himself on a university campus after shooting students.

["Higher Learning" was released Jan 1995 by Columbia Pictures. Fictional college is called "Columbia" University(filmed at UCLA). Reference to Columb-ine?]

--The Fox network has pulled an episode of the crime drama 'Bones', which featured a body found on a college campus, that was due to broadcast the week of the shooting.

--'Criminal Minds' episode title "The Perfect Storm" Season 2,
Episode 25, first broadcast on 10-4-06, rebroadcast on 4-10-07
Episode is about a duo of sadistic serial killers, who enjoy making videos of their victims and sending them to the relatives. While explaining the dynamic of killing duos, the profilers mention (Columbine school shooters)Harris and Klebold, and briefly flash their senior class pics across the screen.

--"Crossing Jordan," CBS tv show, title: "Faith", Season 6, Episode 12, first aired on 4-4-07, concerning a school bus kidnapping for ransom. One of the two hikackers is identified as a janitor at the school. The other hijacker is later identified as an ex-soldier, special-ops type.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by starviego]

top topics

join