It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: Pet Food Tainting May Be Intentional

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

FDA: Pet Food Tainting May Be Intentional

www.msnbc.msn.com

Imported ingredients used in recalled pet food may have been intentionally spiked with an industrial chemical to boost their apparent protein content, federal officials said Thursday.

That’s one theory being pursued by the Food and Drug Administration as it investigates how the chemical, melamine, contaminated at least two ingredients used to make more than 100 brands of dog and cat foods.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The melamine was found in three products, all 3 of which were imported from China. Here's another snippet from the article.
"So far, melamine’s been found in both wheat gluten and rice protein concentrate imported from China. Media reports from South Africa suggest a third pet food ingredient, corn gluten, used in that country also was contaminated with melamine. That tainted ingredient has not been found in the United States, the FDA said."

A new terrorist threat? Tainted food ingredients. Not good. Not good at all.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This just goes to show the condition of society. Lose faith, and money becomes your god. Follow the wrong god, and others get hurt. Eventually, this hurts oneself. I feel sorry for these people. And they are all too common these days. Keep the faith. God will iron this out.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This not surprise taking into consideration from where the form of contamination has come from and who is the the country that has become hot on exporting.

Occurs that is easy to track it down.
and to find out to how many countries their product was sold.

What I am concern is when the real truth is going to come out and link the contamination to foods for human consumption.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree with you Marg. It's frightening to think about this being intentional. When will it happen to an ingredient used to make foods for human consumption?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I got the feeling that the same supplies that got their way into the pet food is also been sold for human consumption.

But animals are more suggestible to any contaminants that we human do.

I know that very soon the news will tells us that it has Been tracked to our food supply. . . but because not real major outbrake has come out of it on humans yet is too much money involve to put the population in panic and the food corporations out of business.

Corporate America comes first.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is a practice run, Marg.According to many prophecies i've read thru the years and people i've heard speak, the time will come when humans will not have food to eat either...Or will be afraid to eat it,

I'm already letting my husband take the first bite of everything i cook
just in case.

Its sad, but what in the world can you do but smile once in awhile at the circumstances which we cannot help? I'm grateful for a sense of humor, if it were'nt for that, i'd have no hope or nothing to live for.

BTW, always be careful with chicken.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Dg I think that if you have a littler piece of land just make your own herb garden and vegetables or verduras.

My husband and I are talking about how to start, we do have some nice back yard with barely anything more than a few trees and bushes.

I with the warm weather I am going to start that herb and vegetable garden that I have been wanting for a while.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I agree with you Marg. It's frightening to think about this being intentional. When will it happen to an ingredient used to make foods for human consumption?

It already has.
It's called flouride and it's in your water now!

apc

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm already letting my husband take the first bite of everything i cook
just in case.

Is that because of possible contamination or........

All these troubles have certainly accelerated my plans to purchase a house with some land. I've been planning on 2010, but I might push it up a year in light of the apparent need to be less dependent on commercial agriculture.

marg: look into high density and bio-intensive farming methods. An excellent book for the backyard farmer:
Square Foot Gardening, by Mel Bartholomew. Cool Springs Press, 2006

Amazon link.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by apc]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
This just goes to show the condition of society. Lose faith, and money becomes your god. Follow the wrong god, and others get hurt. Eventually, this hurts oneself. I feel sorry for these people. And they are all too common these days. Keep the faith. God will iron this out.

Really? So the next time someone spikes a food supply god will stop it? Plz ........If god does exist hes a prick

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok. I already started planting some stuff and i hope this year it actually grows!!! I'm not very good with a green thumb but i can try.

I have OCD so i kill them with kindness with all the fuzzing i do- all day long.

I'm getting ready to plant lettuce- I hope i can leave them alone-

Its hard when you are so compulsive about stuff.

new topics

top topics

join