It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun's Atmosphere Sings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Sun's Atmosphere Sings?

news.yahoo.com

Astronomers have recorded heavenly music bellowed out by the Sun's atmosphere.

Snagging orchestra seats for this solar symphony would be fruitless, however, as the frequency of the sound waves is below the human hearing threshold. While humans can make out sounds between 20 and 20,000 hertz, the solar sound waves are on the order of milli-hertz--a thousandth of a hertz.

The study, presented this week at the Royal Astronomical Society's National Astronomy Meeting in Lancashire, England, reveals that the looping magnetic fields along the Sun's outer regions, called the corona, carry magnetic sound waves in a similar manner to musical instruments such as guitars or pipe organs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
How Fascinating that the Sun is making 'music'!
What does everyone think?
Comments Please.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Fascinating, I would never think that a giant ball of gas could string out such a unique harmony, would be thrilled to hear it.

But would it just be a loud rumble of sounds?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
oh, that's old story... every planet's ionosphere sings:

www.inner-net.com...

NASA space recordings are very old and it seems that they don't like to talk about that too...

The vast and beautiful sounds you hear on these CDs are all from recordings of planets, moons and rings of planets in our Solar System. the Space Sounds are the complex interactions of charged electromagnetic particles from the Solar Wind, ionisphere, and planetary magnetosphere. This creates vibration "soundscapes" which are at once utterly alien and deeply familiar to the listener.

Although space is a virtual vacuum, this does not mean there is no sound in space. Sound does exist as electromagnetic vibrations. The specially designed instruments on board the various space probes used Plasma Wave antenna to record the vibrations used here, all within the range of human hearing (20-20,000 CPS)

Each planet, moon and ring system has a distinctive "musical" pattern. Listening to this unusual collection has a mysteriously relaxing effect. After a long hard day, you can bring your brainwaves into a slower and meditative state.

A must for users of light and sound machines.

This remarkable set of 8 CDs includes:

Saturnís rings: Soothing throbbing pulses

Miranda: Haunting and beautiful winds

Neptune: Like strange beat patterns. Haunting melodies emerge

Voice of Earth: Like dolphins, birds, roars and voices. Deeply relaxing

Saturn: Like night sounds of insects; slowed down 10-20 times

Jupiter: Like a giant metal gong; rubbed with a wooden stick

Rings of Uranus: Like giant Tibetan bowls and bells Centering

Song of Earth: Composed soundscape of natural earth frequencies.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by untilted]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I know this is a science discussion ... but I'm going to add a little paranormal information ...

Many NDE's (Near Death Experiences) have come out with people saying that, after death, when they had a walk in heaven, that everything sang and praised God. I remember people saying that there were colors that they had never seen before and that the flowers and trees themselves that they saw in heaven SANG praises to God.

Now that this story about the Sun's Atmosphere is singing .. and that there are magnetics involved and everything ... it reminds me of those NDEs.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Very Interesting FlyersFan.
Especially if we look back on ancient religions also that worshipped the sun.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think it's very neat.
Everything that has matter has energy and energy is vibration or frequency with I have always believed is in a form of sound whether we can hear it or not.

I would love to be able to listen to the planets "sing" even though they say it's below are hearing decibel threshold.

top topics

join