It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary Celeste Redux

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Abandoned Yacht Found off Queensland Coast

It seems a Yacht was found abandoned off the coast of Queensland, Australia with no sign of any conventional disembarkation, the authorities are baffled and several people are already saying it's an alien abduction.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
For the sake of reason...

When cases like this surface, does anyone ever look into if the individuals have any kinda of daily life problems they would want to abandom? ie. debt, threats to their lives, the eminent loss of a job leading to a messed up life?

I don't wanna hold you back from thinking about abductions, but shouldn't we subtract the facts that we actually could, right away?

Ofcourse those kinda facts never make the papers
They probably don't sell papers as good as abductions from aliens.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Nah, I don't think so. They just want to leave their wives and family, and the family can claim the insurance. The news media got the news, the public got entertained.
Everybody is happy.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I was just hearing about that, Not so sure its paranormal /alieniy at the sec, But Very very odd to say the least,

Theres still a number of thing to look at, Could they have been taken off the boat?

Could it be some prank?

Sure is odd though,

And one for sure ill be keeping my eyes on,

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
For the record I have not made up my mind about what happend to these guys, I just mentioned that some people are claiming that it's aliens and I posted it on this board as it seemed the most logical considering that most people like to explain ghost ship mysteries as alien abductions.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Mabus the Forsaken]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

three men missing from the 12-metre catamaran called Kaz II, which left Airlie Beach in northern Queensland on Sunday.

I agree this is strange. The boat has been out there for the best part of a week so these guy's could be long gone.

Maybe they were spies leaving the country and were picked up by another boat.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
'People go in the water..... sharks in the water'

Could be something as simple as a quick dip before dinner gone wrong.

Lots of dangerous sealife off the coast of Australia, quick dip or man overboard with hero's for friends.

Lots of different scenarios are possible, Alien/Paranormal rank very low on the Totem pole.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Unfortunately this happens many times a year.
there are alot of reasons why these happen.
there are still pirates on the seas and there are thousands of reported events each year of contacts between thee naval vessels. In the news in the last year another newsworthy and reported contact was a cruise ship being attacked.
Or this could be something as simple as a lovers quarrel taken to an extreme.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Apparently one of the three-man catamaran's sails was shredded while everything else on board was untouched. If pirates were to blame, surely they would have taken the GPS unit the laptop computers and other valuables on board wouldn't they?

This is very strange and i'll reserve judgement untill more info comes to light but it would be the ideal situation for an alien abuction would it not? a small number of people isolated and far from 'prying eyes'...... speculation obviously but... very strange.

see:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Interesting, i posted this in the Paranormal forum but I guess it belongs more in a UFO type scenario. Man imagine that, it would be terrifying to say the least if that actually happened. The broken mast intriuges me as well, maybe the craft came too low?

Or maybe it was drug lords suspecting the Yacht and dragged the people off it to finish them off.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
These are hard to explain. I mean, if it was pirates, (ARRR!) which do still exist, they probably would've.. y'know. taken the valuables. laptop, etc. and there likely would've been more damage than just a shredded sail. So far as I know, these types of vessels aren't usually equipped with any kind of a life-raft, and the article said that all the life-vests were still aboard...

the thing that makes these the weirdest is that everything is still set up just like the people vanished in the middle of daily activities. Normal people don't just up and do X in the middle of doing Y if they're both long-term plans. The most likely non-paranormal explanation from where I stand is that there was some kind of an argument that escalated to physical violence (which could've easily interrupted their activities), and all three men went overboard, either in some kind of a struggle or to help save a man that was accidentally tossed overboard in one.

I somehow doubt they'd be out swimming with dinner set up on the table, in the middle of the ocean, without their life jackets.

This could be a strange one. We'll have to play wait and see, because the weirdness factor of this whole thing hinges on whether or not the men/bodies are recovered. and posibly what they find in the GPS or on the laptop.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Three Perth men who disappeared in baffling circumstances from a yacht found drifting off the north Queensland coast have been identified.

The missing men are 56-year-old skipper Derek Batten, 69-year-old Peter Tunstead and his 63-year-old brother James.

The yacht with a damage sail was spotted 80 nautical miles north east of Townsville on Wednesday...continues abc.net.au

Starting to sound more like an accident to me.

sanc'

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
its not always paranormal you know. maybe they went for a swim before dinner and ended up BEING dinner?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A = Men on Boat
B = Accident at Sea / Man made event
C = Empty Boat
:
:
:
:
Z = Alien Abduction

Why do people get to Z so easily with absolutely no proof or evidence except a child like imagination and a desperate need to turn everything into a hollywood style drama.

For the record, I do not know what ripped the sail, but that doesn't mean it is damn green men from outer space, it just means I dont know, nore does anyone else.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Quackmaster]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
One would think that if there was a struggle aboard the vessel (in the case of pirates or other hostile boarding) the cabin would be in a state of considerable dissarray. If they were sitting down for their meal and someone went overboard wouldn't there be evidence that floatation gear was thrown over the side? If they decided to put their meal on the table and THEN take qa swim beofre eating, what of the shredded sail? I'm sure we hardly have all the facts but to me it doesn't seem things add up at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree, if it where pirates there would definatly be signs of struggle - unless they're much more considerate these days and tidy up after themselves.

Saying that, I wouldn't rule out kidnapping. If each man had been taken by suprised and sedated, there would be no signs of a stuggle.

Who knows, i'm pretty certain that it's not going to be aliens in this case though. Theres no evidence of aliens at all, so how did people get to this?

'Ooh the sales broken! Damn those Aliens, they should have stricter regulations on saucer flying height'... Show me evidence of aliens, and I might change my mind - but you've flown off the wall a wee bit here. lol

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How strange!

I doubt three sailors will dip for a swim while the sails are raised and the engine running even tho it was in neutral. Kinda makes sense to start the engine if the sail i shredded but looking at the images my guess is it would require some serious wind in combination with material fatigue. Would anyone set the table during a storm and besdies no news outlet has reported bad weather in the area as far as i have seen.

Anyone in this forum from around the area?

Interesting story even tho i cannot see anything relating to Aliens/UFO´s

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
why the hostility??? I don't get it. Everything is speculation at this point and no one is saying that this WAS an abduction, only that this is one of many possible explainations considering the bizzare circumstances.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Remember the computer scientist from Microsoft? Same thing apparently happened,
this time solo sailor, disappeared, boat found drifting, perfectly fine, no storms.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nah, I don't think so. They just want to leave their wives and family, and the family can claim the insurance. The news media got the news, the public got entertained.

Without a body insurance could take forever to come through. Also, all 3 men decided to do the same thing? And finally, if you're going to fake your death, wouldn't you make it look like you died rather than just disappeared?

In terms of sharks or other marine wildlife - sure, if this was 1 man, but it's 3. What, a roaming pack of 3 sharks snapped up all 3 men before any of them could get back to the boat? Just seems a little far fetched to me.

Kidnapping seems the most likely option, but even then kidnappers are generally out to make a buck, so it seems unlikely that they wouldn't grab the notebooks and GPS etc.

I'm not saying alien abduction, but I will say that all of the suggestions provided so far are lacking in at least 1 way. Occam's Razor hasn't been filled just yet.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by TheStev]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join