It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may just be paraniod but................

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
How odd, this is like Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon (www.damninteresting.com...) My wife and I were just now discussing how weird things seems to happen at the most opportune times, 9/11 seems to have kicked it off then the Anthrax attacks just before the patriot (1) act, then the VT shooting when a million emails are missing from the White house and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is testifying. World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz is in hot water over his girlfriend, but none of this is headline News in the MSM right now is it?

Is there a pattern out there, can anyone help me find instances where the White House and/or his cronies are getting in trouble and something happens, what was going on when Chaney shot his buddy?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
911 happened then the anthrax guy took advantage of that or it was a coincidence, none the less, the patriot act was a response to the 911 attacks.
Gonzales fired people and testifying before congress and the wolfowitz is no where near as interesting as the people getting killed at Va Tech, sad but true.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
who was the anthrax guy? how do you even know it was/is male? the last thing I heard was the anthrax was milled to weapons grade size and it came from the US of A

the patriot act was voted on before most of congress had a chance to even read it

[edit on 20-4-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just a guess that the anthrax mailer is a male, most people that act out like that are so I’m probably right.
And if you think that congress really reads the bills that they vote on you have much to learn about congress and the bills they vote on. Bills are actually long and complicated, if they read every bill they voted on they would literally get nothing done, as apposed to figuratively. They break it up and have others read and summarize it.
Just as an example read and make sense of this

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:s1pcs.txt

And remember every sentence of this bill can and will be argued about. In the mean time you can have some fun by having some one to try to get something dumb like a bridge in the middle of Alaska built for 145 million added to it for seemingly no reason. and do this really quickly while your wife/ husbond wants to spend some time with you too.
Trust me government aint what you think it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
its called a new cycle. the VT massacre is the largest death toll in a shooting event in american history. their just covering it to get ratings share. they did the same thing with don imus or that girl from aruba. its called a news cycle and not a pattern. were all annoyed by main streams media constant coverage of these issues. All that does is prove that media outlets cant be trusted with the news and shows how they manipulate press coverage and the control of information. Not only are all news outlets suspect their all accomplices in the decline of the morality of the american people and guilty of taking advantage of the us constitution under the freedom of the press. Its only a matter of time until the government corrects this and enacts legislation as a commitment to the truth by restricting this behavior of news organizations being allowed to run rampant over the intellect of the american people for ratings points to affect their market share.
its a disturbing picure the media outlets portray in the destruction of simple democratic values. Wont be long until our government stands up to the media and defends the trust of the american people through demanding their support and criminalizing any media outlet from being allowed to simply warp the minds of the american people by using the law to defend our liberties and protect us from the spread of further propaganda by creating a review board to review them much like the censors we allready have. its only a matter of expanding their role into more fruitful areas of the media.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
yes, I'm quite aware of news cycles, what I'm talking about is when the white house and/or his cronies get in some kind of trouble it seems some big "event" happens to distract the people, and yes I know that congressmen don't read all the bills, others do that for them, but in the case of the patriot act it was not "reviewed"

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think this is very true to some extent!!! It has been proven that the government has used Terror and Fear in order to get media attention away from dirty deeds in the White House!!! This is truly disgusting, even more so then how the Media will take any event that they can use to get ratings, and not do a truly good and fair job of reporting on signifigant events in the country. Enjoy the video

LINK

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Vinadetta]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is why everything is "suspect" and it opens up the conspiracies so we can go bonkers and more bonkers, and question everything over and over.

Its really incredible. Something happens and then something else happens on top of that and i beleive most of the time its "created" to put the "real" news in the background.

What a world. What a life. What a government.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
exactly DG, thats what it seems like to me too, I just want to find instances where it's happened, that way when we see it coming we can be better prepared

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its really incredible. Something happens and then something else happens on top of that and i beleive most of the time its "created" to put the "real" news in the background.

Unfortunately dg the people that put the real news in the background is we the people.
Consider this for a second, which would you rather watch, highlights from a conversation between bureaucrats (Gonzales testimony) or the latest about a massacre of 32 people?
Did the government do this to get attention away from Gonzales, no because anything would be more entertaining then that. Congressional hearings are just plain boring.
And we no longer have news we have infotainment, it’s not for keeping you up to date about what’s going on in the world, it’s only to entertain you.
If it wasn’t the Va tech massacre it would have been something else.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, as much as i'd take joy in blaming the government for the shootings, i can see that it was a one man show- separate from the government. My better senses tell me there was no government involvement. It was a hidious act and something that had to be told.

However, the Gonzalez matter is also a hidious act and must be told and YES, i'd sit and watch him squirm and try to get out of the lies- that would give me pleasure, where the shooting would not give me pleasure.

Just me, the TV, the lies and popcorn.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe Just me, the TV, the lies and popcorn.

if only there were more like you dg, the world would be a much better place.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ayup. I enjoy a good drama

Try it sometime.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As I recall, when Washington trauma was in the works; a pretty little white girl was abducted.

Now Americans are so jaded; it takes a mass murder to get their attention.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Whaa,

Monkey house run by a monkey.
Excellent choice of words.

But anyway, there's a huge list of "ironic" things that have happened one after the other and the last one is given 3 days coverage by the media (dont get me wrong, some things are very serious, including this shooting) and then people have a tendency to forget the original one.

I find it very convenient. The devil is running the show.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
has anyone heard anything more about the 5 million email that are missing from the white house servers? ( how can that happen?)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Tiny itsy bitsy hard drives.....

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
it's not enough to have the VT shootings, now we have to have a shooting at NASA as well? it's getting crazier by the day folks

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
That does make sense in a horrific way. I sure hope we are not considered vunerable and so be attacked.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
it's not enough to have the VT shootings, now we have to have a shooting at NASA as well? it's getting crazier by the day folks

Maybe thats the plan, make us look weak so some adversary will try to strike us
probably worth lots of money to someone

top topics

<<   2 >>

join