It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline: The Frightening Future of Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Our planet's prospects for environmental stability are bleaker than ever with the approach of this year’s Earth Day, April 22. Global warming is widely accepted as a reality by scientists and even by previously doubtful government and industrial leaders. And according to a recent report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), there is a 90 percent likelihood that humans are contributing to the change
Article

This article from livescience.com gives their version of an Earth timline.

Not saying I buy it, but interesting not the less.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm wondering if our children will view us and ingorant and lazy for not having the foresight to recycle more.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I'm wondering if our children will view us and ignorant and lazy for not having the foresight to recycle more.

Not at all.

Global warming is a fact, but that doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom.

I say that by the time our children have grown to be productive earthlings we will have systems in place to be able to manage our environment far better than we can today.

I say that in the next 30-50 years we will have total command over the earths warming/cooling with weather modification systems.

If anything I think our children will wonder at the what the world was like without what they will consider the basic environmental controls they will be used to.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
While I admire you optimistic outlook and hope that your prediction comes to fruition, I have to disagree slightly. While I have no noubts that the technology to curb OUR CONTRIBUTION(not saying we are totally resonsible) to Global warming will be available, will they be cost effective enough to implement. We have the cabability to feed every nation on earth right now and we are not. Its as if our world leaders are behaving as if the world won't even be here in several hundred years. I think serious changes need to be made now if we want to see the effects of change in 50 years.
Thanks for the post

new topics

top topics

join