It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LFC Rule!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some mediocre results this season so far, as well as some good ones with the wins against Barca, Chelsea and arse springing to mind.

You could say we've had a bit of luck along the way, but that includes bad luck as well as good.

Best news of the season?
1) Takeover by the US boys and the new stadium finally going ahead.
2) reachong the semi's of the champions league - hope we can go through, but it will be a tough game whatever happens!
3) Signing Mascherano - fabulous player, he's everything we need, tackles, passes with vision and creativity and is great in the holding role - being an argie, he has that combination of toughness and streetwise cynicism we need to compete at the highest level.

Roll on wednesday, COME ON YOU REDS!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nice one Budski, didn't know you were a reds fan

Looking forward to next week big time. Mascherano was an excellent deal, hopefully we'll have him signed properly at the end of the loan period, he's been playing fantastic, like a little terrier, quality player.

YNWA.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm a Spurs fan, but I have a lot of time for Liverpool (they are the most successful English club ever, despite what Man Utd fans in Milton Keynes think), and in partic, Stevie G.

I have to say though, that Liverpool's new Stadium looks.... unimaginative. Have you guys got any new images of the proposed stadium? I have only seen one image and it just really didnt catch the imagination.

BTW, kick the crap out of the West London Russian Mafia when you play them... do football a favour.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
try this.

www.liverpoolfc.tv...

probably will change. They are reviewing plans and hoping to make it so that capacity can be increased should need arise.

www.liverpoolfc.tv...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Another good win today - one that I would expect but good nonetheless, as we now guaranteed champions league football next year (unless the jealous french tosser michel platini gets his way)

So if only for this reason, great result!

Have you noticed how strong we have become in the last couple of years towards the end of the season? Seems there's no disputing Rafa's rotation policy now!

Roll on wednesday and bring on chelski!!!

LFC EURO CHAMPS 07COME ON YOU REDS

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like titus bramble may have done us a favour today and put ballack out of wednesdays match. It remains to be seen if it will keep him out, but he'll have a niggle at least.
I say this because I think he's a big game player, and in the european arena, different refs, different interpretation wtc he could shine.

Thankfully, we have a fit alonso, a rested gerrard and the magnificent mascherano.

Roll on wednesday

COME ON YOU REDS

:shk:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
OK, so we lost 1-0, not the end of the world, as we still have the 2nd leg at home with the anfield roar.
Should be good.

Thought we looked a bit dis-jointed tonight, and a few players had mediocre games.
Alonso's passing not up to his usual high standard.
Zenden had lots of the ball but didn't do much with it.
Arbeloa was caught out of position a few times.
Bellamy was pretty anonymous, but in fairness, didn't have much service.
Agger was caught out badly for their goal, but otherwise had an OK game.

We couldn't get our passing game going to full effect, and this showed in our goal attempts.

Mostly though, I thought we didn't attack the ball in they way that chelski did, and thats what ultimately won them the 1st leg.

Thoughts, impressions etc?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
:w::w::w::w::w:

haha.

Athens here we come....

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thought the few Liverpool supporters here would like this. From the liverpool sport poet...

www.radiocity.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't say LFC rule. You do well in Europe but haven't won the league in ages. When will you start demanding that your club seriously start concentrating on winning the premiership? Just as soon as Liverpool seem hot and unstoppable in the league you completely fall apart.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I wouldn't say LFC rule. You do well in Europe but haven't won the league in ages. When will you start demanding that your club seriously start concentrating on winning the premiership? Just as soon as Liverpool seem hot and unstoppable in the league you completely fall apart.

I think it will take a couple of years still before Benitez has the team to challenge for the prem. As long as Benitez keeps competing for major silver in europe, patience will be the key. With the money (about a fifth of maureen) Benitez has been supplied, he's done very well.

Fergie will be gone soon. Chelski are an abberation. Patience, patience...

[edit on 4-5-2007 by melatonin]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
well, we're still the record holders for most titles, most euro wins, so I guess we do rule

A lot of money to be spent in the summer with the figure of 40 million being mentioned - and don't forget, it's kuyts, mascherano's and aggers first full seasons, not to mention gonzalez and arbeloa.

I still think we need a striker who'll get 25 goals every season, some more defensive cover at centre back and right back.

It won't be long before the leagues back home at Anfield

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Less than a week to go now until the much awaited re-match with AC Milan in the champions league final.

While much has been made of milans desire for revenge, I believe this is just part of the mind games and hype that so many teams try before a major game. You'd think they would have learned by now that Rafa doesn't get involved very much in this type of thing, preferring to let his team do the talking on the field.

I think that this will be a tight game - we won't see the Italians run through us the way they did against man u and indeed against us 2 years ago (although reds fans know what happened after).

With our fans in great voice (as usual) and with the experience gained from our last final, I am hopefull that we can do it again, to make it 6 euro champs trophy's.

:w:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just spotted this thread!!

Just been reading about how crap and tactically useless Liverpool are: according to Mr. Milan.

So So SO wanna see Milan go down once again. And Ferige can stick that "fantastic bottle of wine" that Ancellottttiii gave him right where the sun don't shine!

2 years ago I'd just moved in to the flat I live in now, and got loads of noise complants from the neighbours, upstairs, downstairs and both sides!! Just aswell my landlord wanted liverpool to win! and thinks the neighbours are all well up themselves!

Can't wait for the 23rd

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
TONIGHTS THE NIGHT!!

IN ABOUT 4 HOURS, I'LL EITHER BE DELIRIOUSLY HAPPY OR UTTERLY DEJECTED.

COMEON YOU REDS!!!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by budski]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
New season soon - new signing today!

Welcome El Nino

www.youtube.com...

and Lucas Leiva - brazil u-20 captain

www.youtube.com...

Couple more to come I think

[edit on 4/7/2007 by budski]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hey Budski!

It's looking good for the new season!!

And don't like to brag but I got tickets for the Asia tourney in Hong Kong!!

I'll come back next week and tell you how good it was!!

And there's another LFC thread floating about somewhere!!

Monkey

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Way to make me jealous monkey,
hope you have a great time - try the snake when you eat out.

And now we got Babel and Benayoun

Looking good for next year.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
AT LAST - New stadium plans revealed - looking good!

www.liverpoolfc.tv...

www.liverpoolfc.tv...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The new Kop will be awsome - 18000 - screaming scousers!!

What more could the world ask for?

new topics

top topics

join