It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for a Military Coup in the USA??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
With so many retired and some current American military commanders questioning 9/11 is it time that the criminals in the White House are taken out by force? And how would the American populace react?

infowars.net...

PS First post.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
NO. It's not 'time' for that. I doubt it ever will be, either.

And you ask how would Americans react to such an effort - we'd throw the idiots in jail.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Our government is designed so that does not need to happen.
We simply vote for people we want or expose them so they can be properly impeached.
The reason this government is so bad is because we voted them in.
Now I think we better understand how important our vote is.
Screw american idol, vote for something thats important.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was thinking along the lines of what happened in Russia in 1991 when the Communists would not leave the Duma, or more recently in Thailand where the military stepped in while Thaksin Shinawatra was out of the country.

It seems that no matter who the American populace votes you end up with the same elitist in power.

Reagan (controlled by Bush 1) then Bush1 then Clinton then Bush 1 then Clinton 2? Is that really good for your country?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
Screw american idol, vote for something thats important.

Totally agree, but unfortunately the majority of the american public doesn't really care because they feel like their vote doesn't really mean anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
NO. It's not 'time' for that. I doubt it ever will be, either.

Jefferson said we'd need a revolution about every 20 years to keep the republic we had free of corruption.

Too many pansies live in this country now. It's ok to slaughter 100,000's of foreigners, but you'd never dream of putting your own life on the line.

Death will come to you one way or another. But as a Greek once said, there are fates worse than death. Like I said, too many pansies.

I'm in no hurry to run out and start kicking people out of office, but at least when it comes to you physically, at least have the decency to have a firearm handy. I count on the big dogs wiping themselves out in the long run. You only need to protect yourself, and just walk your own path. That's a philosophy I think even Iraqis can relate to.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Jefferson said we'd need a revolution about every 20 years to keep the republic we had free of corruption.

Too many pansies live in this country now.

here here!

This government is beyond corrupt. Its far too late to change anything by voting. That is even if our votes still count. With these electronic machines coming out of Venezuela who knows how, who or if theyre even being counted.

Every 20 years indeed. More like every 10 we need one.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
To answer simply, NO!

It will never be time for a military coup, as such a thing ends up with
those who pulled it off being in power, which does not fit to well in a
democratic system.

Now, if say the majority of people wanted to get rid of a president, and
the congress was siding with the president, rather than the will of the
people, than the use of military services by the people is acceptable.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Haha... I agree 100%.

Here are some more quotes that I like. I also want to add that this can be done peacefully. I really think there is a man running this year that honestly still believes the people have the power. Not the lobbyist or special interest groups. His name is Ron Paul. Everyone should at least take a good long look at him at some point.

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

"Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason."

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

"I'll take terrorism over totalitarianism"

"Whenever a politician starts talking about "the children," keep one eye on your wallet and the other on your liberty."

"What good fortune for those in power, that people don't think!" -- Hitler

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
America does need to displace the two-party system if it hopes to have a viable future. Otherwise, it will continue to spiral down the toilet as it is now. Drop the imperial ambitions and focus on solving your own problems.

top topics

join