It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Plane, stranger shadow - Google Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was looking at my old house in Grand Junction, CO on Google Earth when I came accross this strange plane. Even stranger in the shadow, and the fact that the plane appears VERY low.
My theory? It's cloaked. The government has figured out how to eliminate or bend the visible light, hence the purple (ultraviolet) shadow. Plane appears to be about 100 feet long, twin or three engine, very pointy nose, small or no cockpit, possibly (most likely) government. I would like to get some aircraft expert opinion on this plane. Light experts may be able to explain the shadow.

39 01 15.12N
108 31 28.84W
Just south of Grand Junction, CO.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Weird, I found a similar aircraft and shadow just yesterday. This one is just south of Cambridge in the UK.

I think the 'shadows' are more likely to be a copy of the plane or something and only give the impression of being a shadow.

i154.photobucket.com...

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Chonx]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It looks like a normal every day commercial plane to me. You can't tell the altitude from that picture, and I haven't looked at a bigger version of it, but I'd say it's a 737 going from that picture. 737s have a pretty sharply pointed nose for a commercial plane.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
According to the eye altimeter, you can zoom down to 135 ft. and still see the top of the plane.
Thanks Chonx, that plane is almost exactly the same. Shape is same, color a bit diff.
I've hosted a bigger pic at tinypic.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by stompk]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Chonx

That plane in your link is very odd looking. The nose doesn't seem to be aligned properly with the body of the plane, and that color is very unusual for an airplane. I've never seen a beige jetliner before. But the shadows are really wierd on both of them, however I don't think this is the result of any kind of cloaking because if this was the case the planes couldn't have been photographed in the first place.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's a slightly out of focus 737. Probably a 700 or 800 series, but I'm leaning more towards the 800. Both of those are pretty large airframes for 737s. The reason you can't see the cockpit is because the front section is slightly blurry. But if you look really closely at the larger pic, you can see the different colored area that is the windscreen.

As for beige airplanes, there are several airlines that have a beige or off white color to them.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
According to the eye altimeter, you can zoom down to 135 ft. and still see the top of the plane.

Um dude I don’t think you quite understand how this works. Google Earth is made up of photo’s, meaning that is doesn’t matter how low you go on the altimeter you still can’t look through a object.
As for the affect I’ve seen this in a few times with Google Earth. I think it has something to do with the compression of the photo’s, and the contrast.
Just my 0.02

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here's another shot from google earth of a 737-800.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
As for the affect I’ve seen this in a few times with Google Earth. I think it has something to do with the compression of the photo’s, and the contrast.
Just my 0.02

Think i'd be inclined to agree. I don't seriously think there is anything but an imaging glitch of some kind going on here. Weird to look at though

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
One should go to the google site and compare the shadow af the tower about 500 feet to the west of the airplane. The shadow shows that the sun is very low in the horizon to the south. Now if the sun is this low, then how did the shadow show up on the ground from the plane, unless it's less than 100' alt. Also, note the fuzzy symbol toward the rear of the aircraft. Looks like USAF to me.
Also, look at the pic Chonx supplied. Shadow is not properly aligned. Look like the bending of light to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The USAF doesn't paint things at that location. They do have 737-700s but they're almost all painted blue and white, and the blue would be obvious in the above shot. The ones that AREN'T painted blue and white, are painted all white with a stripe down the side, and the only markings are the numbers on the side. The USN uses the 700 as well, but they're painted mostly white.

Here are examples of both.

White USAF:

"Regular" USAF:

USN:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here's a illustration of the NSA. Based on a commercial airframe. Looks amazingly like one of the 9-11 planes. Note the high laterel fin.
NSA Plane

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A few minor points for you.

1. The plane in your picture is a low wing design. The NSA drawing is a high wing design similar to the C-5 and C-17.

2. The NSA design has a T Tail design, your picture has a conventional tail design where the elevators are below the vertical fin.

3. And most importantly, none of those designs currently exist anywhere but on a drawing board that I've ever heard about.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
its pretty obvious why your really trying to get them to see....

www.esnips.com...

take a look
judge for yourselves

i could have kept circle things but the there wouldnt have been a picture left to look at. this stuff also appears in videos and every nasa photo ive seen lately. and dont give me your drabble about ITC's or whatever reason the scientist just came out with trying to cover the nwo's arse. that expalnation is about as viable as them being able to prove prayers are answered.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by cygnusx1966]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This odd shadow is a graphic artifact. They are created from time to time by the image stitch process they use to blend multiple images into the master images, which is used by the mapping application.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cygnusx1966
its pretty obvious why your really trying to get them to see....

www.esnips.com...
take a look
judge for yourselves

Dude I clicked your link and it took me to a pic of Ironman, did I miss something? Are you saying that “they” are covering up superhero’s???

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
you oviuosly didnt look at all the pics. dont bother me "dude"

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I looked at them all, and all I saw were a bunch of half circles with writing near some of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is this what you’re trying to show us?

Why did you write Mike Jackson on it? and "the thing"?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

x08

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I used to have a friend from Grand Junction. His mother was an exchange-teacher or something in Australia, and he had come over with her. Wonder what happened to him....

anyway, back to OT... are you saying the shadow is strange because of the colours? How long does it take the satellite to take pictures? How many does it take? perhaps the 'shadow' is just an after-photo effect, kind of like motion blur or something.. the plane's right wing seems shorter than the right (to my naked eye).... perhaps it was banked and that is just a 2nd shot taken, which the satellite's computer recoloured as an anomaly?

Otherwise - cool! holographic projector!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join