It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VaTech Gun Man Copied Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

VaTech Gun Man Copied Movie

news.sky.com

Police believe the Virginia gunman may have been copying scenes from a film when he carried out his killing spree.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-4-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This guy needed help, i just wish he had gottain it, instead of this horrible masacure

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Haven't seen the movie, but the pics show a couple similarities. Not saying that the movie was the cause of his psychosis.

[edit on 4/19/07 by makeitso]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have seen OLDBOY - and you are correct it is a very violent movie. There is an very violent scene, where the main character kills and injures about 30+ people in a fighter-game like scene. Disturbing - but yet it is only a movie.

But then again, the cinematography of South Korea is extremely violent. A lot of movies, which are blockbuster hits in South Korea are very, VERY violent and I do not know if that reflects the life there or is it just another "movie". But then again, violence in the movies is a very common thing in Hollywood too, where movies such as Saw are extremely popular among immature population, which watches 300 murders before turning 7 years old.

Is the violence in the movies the reflection of our society - or is it the other way around?

[edit on 19/4/07 by Souljah]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You can have violent movies, (I wish we had less) but then you need to have a good society, a stable family structure to back that stuff up.

In S. Korea they can watch that kind of stuff without yearly school shootings like this, because they probably to some degree have other things to off set it. In America this is not precived to be the case, and so something like this, probably did influence his actions.

I keep saying if this kid lived in a society like Korea, would have have choosen an option like what we saw this week? I doubt some of the things that happened to him over the last two years would have anyways.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is pure speculation. I think it's the media and the cops stirring the pot.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The media love blaming events like these on todays "violent" culture. It's just one more way to spin the story. Placing blame on a film for a tragedy like this is just ignorant.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
With the media saying it was this movie, how must the main actor feel

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yes..."They" always want to find Any reason to blame it on Except the fact the killer just might be a psychotic/Sociopathic/insert mental problem here.
They always blame video games, some antiquated ozzy record, a movie, a book, mommy didn't love me...rediculous. How about placing blame on the person who did the foul act...Cho Seung Hui.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Ive seen those guys cussing and yelling and waving all sorts of tools around for all sorts of reasons. Maybe he saw a nearby construction worker doing it and thought it was cool.

Or maybe he was just a dumbass who wanted to beat someone to death with a hammer.

When the Fast and the Furious movies came out there was a sharp jump in local street racing accidents. I dont blame the movies. I blame the idiots who were apparently so delusional they thought living a movie was a good idea.

The same goes for all those idiot "grundge" kids in the 90's who emulated those movies, all the raver doofuses out there who tried to emulate every Matrix, vampires, leather pants, strobe lit movie they saw and all the morons who would watch an episode of Jackass or Beavis and Butthead and get themselves killed.

Movies arent making these kids stupid. Stupid kids are making these movies excuses.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yer, i think think that movies arnt movies any mor,e there excuses. You pinch some one "i saw it on a movie" and then you get forgotain and movie gets slated.

if only some one had made him watch shall we dance or cinderella story instead.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, you can not blame movies.

A person has to be seriously messed up to do this, so I don't think he just saw a movie one day and decided to do it. Hundreds of thousands of people watch the same movies and they don't go shooting people.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Good Old Days

Originally posted by Souljah
Is the violence in the movies the reflection of our society - or is it the other way around?

Well, it seems there was no such thing as violence before movies were invented, so I guess that means movies must be the problem.

new topics

top topics

join