It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History ~ Change One Event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i would go back to November 22 1963 and stop the assasination of John F Kennedy.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1011
i would go back to November 22 1963 and stop the assasination of John F Kennedy.

Seconded.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
~ I would go back 8 million years ago and prevent hominids from splitting off from other primates. ~

You never explained why though. This was a very unusual reply. What do you wish had happened?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon HazeLet's agree to disagree on that point, shall we?

I don't think I can agree to disagree with anyone on the subject of the A-Bomb attacks, the atrocities committed by the Japanese were done by the military. Not civilians.

what happened to Japan at the end of WW2 was a direct result of their own actions.

Killing innocents does not right the wrongs that the Japanese did. Imagine it, a small child waking up to go to school, looking forward to play games with his friends only to have his life snatched away by the actions of a country that wanted to test their new weapon.

I will say this again, there is no way to justify the massacre of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Truman's decision to use the bomb was a Them or Us proposition. He preferred killing Japanese to further sacrificing our men in an assault on Japan proper.

I don't say this was right, but I understand, given the times, where he was coming from. We'd lost thousands already and war fatigue was dulling everyone's senses.

Truman wanted an end to the madness. The Bomb meant a definitive end to the problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If we're not the first intelligence in the galaxy,and they attempt to stop us progressing,then I'd go back and step on their first land-born fish.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aylyan
If we're not the first intelligence in the galaxy,and they attempt to stop us progressing,then I'd go back and step on their first land-born fish.

That's an interesting reply!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRex13
You never explained why though. This was a very unusual reply. What do you wish had happened?

To give life another chance to "produce" a truely intelligent species. I'm sure if nature was aware it would dislike homo sapiens.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
~ To give life another chance to "produce" a truely intelligent species. I'm sure if nature was aware it would dislike homo sapiens. ~

Good answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRex13
the madness. The Bomb meant a definitive end to the problem.

The why drop two?

But I don't want to turn this into a fight, so I would also go back and change something from my personal life. I would make sure not to make friends with this guy that bugged the hell out of me for the best part of ten years.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I would go back ten years and leave a note beside my bed that said, "Above Top Secret".

So many years of not knowing!

:shk:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join