It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw my first UFO! Cardiff, wales, UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have finally seen my first UFO! I'm so pleased.

I was cycling home through Llandaff fields, Cardiff Wales UK (coordinates latitude 51°29'27.54"N, longitude 3°12'30.00"W) at 9.30 p.m. GMT. It was pretty dark, and a clear night. There were some bright stars and the moon was clearly visible. I noticed that one of the stars seemed to be moving. It was brighter than all the stars visable. It then proceeded to move directly overhead in an easterly direction. It seemed a very high altitude. It looked like a white glowing orb. I thought it could be a satellite until I noticed that it did not move in a perfectly straight line, it was deviating slightly from a straight path (see illustation). It was not a plane because there were no flashing lights and it moved too fast. It was not a helicopter as there was no sound. I'm so happy!

unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me but it was too far to see any details on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You might want to upload your image to ATS. The link is taking me to a host.

Congrats on your first UFO sighting.

Lucky You!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is Dr X's image:

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've only ever seen one UFO in my life, (in North Wales). I was very young so I don't remember much but it was late at night and there was this HUGE bright light hovering over the valley, it was incredible. Then suddenly it started assending rapidly and vanished between the stars!

Wow!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ha ha, you've seen your first UFO? And low and behold it's the "moving star"!
I can assure you Dr X you're not the only person to see this "moving star". There have been numerous sightings in Britain and also the USA. I've seen this object three times myself. I don't have much to say about the sightings, except that it was simply a bright star which glided through the night sky at pace.

On two occasions it simply vanished into thin air. The third time I watched it glide right over my house until my view was impeded.

I don't have a clue to what this "moving star" is but I do know that if it is a plane it's flying illegally. Aeroplanes by law have to display certain lights whilst flying at night. By law they're supposed to display a green and red flashing light and other numerous lights which I'm not entirely certain of.

I've spoken to four ATS members now who have all seen this "moving star". Three from Britain and one from the USA. You're not alone mate.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i have seen the 'star' ufo also and what better way to hide in the night sky ?

i have also seen ufo's that looked like venus. there was three of them at one time.

edit to add that.... i am in the USA

[edit on 21-6-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've seen the moving star around Port Talbot, South Wales. Moving at speed, no flashing lights, deviating course, extremely bright. Seems to be a lot of activity around South Wales at the moment...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I saw something which was like a star moving across the sky without any blinking lights above Bristol (very high up mind) about a month ago at night.

I don't know if there's another explanation than the typical ones, but I must admit it was thrilling to see something which at least seemed to be a ufo to someone who's not educated on planes and # like myself.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
its the satalites solar pannels reflecting sunlight as they pass over. ive seen loads and i live in worcester uk. some are very very bright and can be viewed for some time.
Would also explain the high altitude.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm so glad other people have witnessed, so called, "moving stars" as I thought I might have be going a bit crackers!
It happened one evening, late last summer, as I was standing in my garden in Stratford-upon-Avon. As I looked at the sky towards the west I noticed a star seemed to be moving amongst two or three others. Thinking this must be a satellite, or possibly me swaying slightly, I steadied myself against my house and used a drainpipe in the foreground as a reference point but the "star" wouldn't stay still.
I know what a satellite moves like; in a straight line. I also doubt it was an aircraft due to its' movement; changing direction in a playful manner and although my wife and daughter dismissed the sighting (possibly due to a recent, debunked, sighting in the area) I still maintain the object was real, be it ET or Richard Branson.

Big T

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't a chinese party lantern? The debunkers told me that they can move a few hundred miles an hour in the wind and be video'd by people in helicopters who cant tell the difference!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

I have seen the EXACT same thing! The movement with the same pattern, was it kind of shakey looking?

I was thinking it might be a plane so high up that I can't see the flashing lights planes usually have, but then I noticed this odd movement your picture seems to show.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Yes the moving star, that was my way of describing it, it's the same size as any old star, except it moves lol.

By the way I'm in UK too.

And I have seen it I think 2 times at two different times. The second time I was looking for it

You have to look carefully to find it.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bumping this thread, any more info or experiences with this?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've seen it too, I posted a description at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems to be the same thing.

I'm in the US in Lousisana.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by paul76

Yes the moving star, that was my way of describing it, it's the same size as any old star, except it moves lol.

By the way I'm in UK too.

And I have seen it I think 2 times at two different times. The second time I was looking for it

You have to look carefully to find it.

Hey mate I've just came across this thread again after losing it in the ATS abyss.

This "moving star" is really interesting. Many people seem to have seen this Object. Like you, the second and third time, I was actually looking for it, waiting for it if you like. I'm expecting to see the object again if I'm being honest.

The object in question is definitely not a Plane. I suppose it could be a satellite but the dam thing disappeared right in front of my eyes. My gut instinct tells me this isn't a satellite. I don't believe the object was flying that high. It was definitely flying at pace. Who knows eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I really cannot stand the "chinese lanterns" statements.

When is someone going to deliberately set some lanterns up and compare?

I wish I had the funds to do it.

I don't like pass-off statements like that. It's no different than the "swamp gas" statements in the USA.

Pick some ordinary, everyday object as the culprit and the sheeple say, "Oh ok. No big deal then. haha"

You can't just pass something off as ordinary objects until said objects are put up on purpose for comparison. The weather balloon comparison has already been done. Now it's time for the chinese lanterns test.

Otherwise it's like passing gas, people smell it and you say, "I didn't fart, that's escaping gas from the septic tank/sewer system."

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey I've just come across this siter and thought I would drop in my penny's worth. I am by no means a sceptic, as I have seen three ufo's many years ago. I am sceptical however when people describe bright lights as ufo's. They can so easily be explained as other things. I remember being scared out of my pants many years ago when a plane was on it's landing approach and the search lights on the plane lit up the fog on it's approach. I couldn't hear the plane as I was in a car with the radio on! Anyway, back to my original sighting. Now this is what I call a real ufo sighting! It was about 1976, I lived in maidenhead and shared a house with three other guys at the time. It was a hot summer's evening at about 10.30, the french windows were open, and I was laid on my back in the garden enjoying the night sky, while the rest of the guys were watching somehting on the TV. I found that the longer I was out there looking at the sky the more I could see. it's a little bit like walking into a dark room from outside, it takes a while for your eyes to become accustomed. I had been in the garden for about fifteen minutes when all of a sudden I was aware of three disc shaped crafts moving slowly from west to east. There were no lights, no noise and I estimated them to be a few thousand feet, although this is pure speculation. They were about the size of the moon would be. I could make them out as silhouettes against the dark grey sky. The centre one was going absolutely straight, while the two on each side of it were moving from side to side, almost as though they were trying to keep up, or on guard. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I looked away for a few seconds and then returned my stare only to realise that they were still crossing the night sky. I shouted inside to the guys, only one came out to find out what the noise was about. I screamed at him to look at the sky, he couldn't see anything because he had come from a fairly bright room out into the dark night, but I asked him to stare upwards, then he shouted that he could see the three discs, without any suggestion from myself! This is the god's honest truth as I swear on my mother's grave. It was spooky and exciting at the same time. So when people describe glowing lights and star like objects, I remember my experience and think about a REAL ufo sighting!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
its the satalites solar pannels reflecting sunlight as they pass over. ive seen loads and i live in worcester uk. some are very very bright and can be viewed for some time.
Would also explain the high altitude.

Give this person a coconut!!

That's exactly what they are, I see these regularly, it's amazing how starlike they are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join