It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Row Over Al Gore Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

School Row Over Al Gore Film

www.telegraph.co.uk

School row over Al Gore film

By Liz Lightfoot, Education Editor
Last Updated: 2:23am BST 19/04/2007

Parents who claim that an award-winning film on climate change is inaccurate and politically motivated are threatening a legal challenge over the Government's decision to send it to every secondary school.
School row over Al Gore film
Al Gore appearing in his film on climate change, An Inconvenient Truth

The film by Al Gore, the former US vice-president, won an Oscar for the best documentary this year and Alan Johnson, the Education Secretary, says he wants teachers to use it to stimulate children into discussing climate change and global warming.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Also another story of a similar case where it seems the agenda is to start showing this video in schools.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
They are absolutely forcing this into everyones brain whether they want it or not.It was already shown in our local high schools as part of the science curriculum.Then the Mayor of our city together with our local electricity service provider showed it for free at our local movie theater for anyone wanting to see it.I myself did watch it.I admit there are changes in our weather and environment,but I don't believe it is because of man.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've seen it and I don't understand what the uproar is about. What is wrong with letting our children know what is happening or can happen if we continue down this path. You can drill religion into a childs brain but nothing about the world they live on?
Alot of the movie may be true and alot may be false but it will make a better place to live regardless if we can teach our children to respect the world they live on don't you think?

new topics

top topics

join