It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nettiquite Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If a message board is populated almost entirely by British citizens, should I, an American, use British English? Even though I am able to use British English, I am much more comfortable using American English. It's not a big deal, but I would just like know what members here think.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would say most people in the UK, myself included know what you mean when you use you American English, We do after all watch hundreds and thousands of American movies so we picked some things up...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think the best thing to do is to be consistent. That's much easier if you try to stick to your own version of English.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I would say most people in the UK, myself included know what you mean when you use you American English, We do after all watch hundreds and thousands of American movies so we picked some things up...

I know that they would understand what I was saying; I was wondering whether
it would be impolite.

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think the best thing to do is to be consistent. That's much easier if you try to stick to your own version of English.

Thanks for the input. I suppose it would not be good to be constantly switching between the dialects.

new topics

top topics

join