It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nostradamus..olympics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When those of the Northern Pole are united,
In the East will be great fear and dread...
One day the two great leaders will be friends;
Their great powers will be seen to grow.
The New Land will be at the height of its power:
To the man of blood the number is reported.

When it says, "When those of the Northern Pole are united" I think it's talking about the olympics. When it says "In the East will be great fear and dread...
One day the two great leaders will be friends;" maybe it's talking about how aliens are going to come to the east and are going to help them use the tools they used to build pyramids? and the powers will grow because we then will have better technology? what do you think??

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think its talking about Truman and Churchill following WWII. They are northern countries, USA and Britain. The east had great fear of American nukes. The New Land or America came into its prime and "grew" by expanding influence across the globe. Who knows what the man of blood is though...

I see nothing to do with aliens or olympics whatsoever.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The two north pole countries this quatrain speaks of include The United States of America and Canada. When the United States and Canada form the North American Union.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If Canada and US are of the "northern pole" is pretty arbitrary who is. Russia is just as close.

He could be talking about Scandinavia for all we know.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
If Canada and US are of the "northern pole" is pretty arbitrary who is. Russia is just as close.

He could be talking about Scandinavia for all we know.

I disagree because your argument totally disregards the compatibility and the likelihood of certain countries working together. While it is true that we may never know what he really meant by this quatrain, we can try to see how things fit the best. With this quatrain, what fits the best is the formation of a North American Union.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And Nostradamus take into account the likelyhood of certain countries working together when he makes his prophecies?

Lets break it down

When those of the Northern Pole are united,

Why even make the assumption that we are talking about countries? He could be talking about anything. A tribe. A group of people. 3 countries. 15 countries. Who knows. He could be talking about the ENTIRE northern hemisphere... Or just as likely as your North American Union, the formation of the European Union as a state.

In the East will be great fear and dread...

Which is very relative. If its your North American Union, he could be talking about Russia. Or about Europe for that matter. America scare the sh*t out of most other nations today.

One day the two great leaders will be friends;

This would imply your two nations. But why, really? Again it could mean anything. If its the formation of a European state, it could simply mean that the French and German leaders become more friendly than usual. Or does it mean that they wherent friends to begin with? That would lend credibility to the US and Russia scenario. Unless of course he's refering to a EU leader AFTER the union, which is impossible to predict. Maybe he didnt like the US prez at the time.

Their great powers will be seen to grow.

Well duh Nostradamus, you're brilliant. Of course their powers will grow, its a union and they've become friends. I cant really say anything about this sentence since its pretty obvious.

The New Land will be at the height of its power:

Height compared to what? Who knows. Either way, it will fit any scenario, in particular a EU state (since it would rival US)

To the man of blood the number is reported.

Eeeh... I think something got lost in translation. "The man of blood" could mean a royalty which would indicate that this prediction has absolutely nothing to do with the modern era, he's talking about something much more closer to home. The second part doesnt make any sense, I cant link "the number" to anything in this prophecy.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It seems Nostradamus predict everything, or it is just jobless people try to link everything he wrote?

I wander if he also predict latest INTEL CORE 2 DUO?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well bush was there yesterday...two great leaders!

new topics

top topics

join