It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would a full scale Russian invasion look like?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

In reality was there anyway that Russia could have ever taken the U.S.A? If we discounted nukes ..ok...maybe one or 10....what would be the most likely invasion path or paths. I'm interested in your theories. I hope you enjoyed the vids!

[edit on 18-4-2007 by BlueRidge]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

what would be the most likely invasion path or paths

I havent watched the vids yet,internet is bein weird. But I think the most likely path would be from the south. Coming from mexico. Actually,i think what the soviets did in the movie "Red Dawn" is totally believable. But,im no military analyst.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wow that was really cool, but if that really happened there would be alot more regular american's in the fight, even if you had to take out the first one to get his weapon. They say that if the invasion does come Calif. and texas florida would be the first hit and they would pronbably win untill they hit the middle of the country. If that guy that slaughtered the people at VT was any indication and I think he was, they won't care if you are white or black or brown, they will kill everyone. Hey I liked the scene where the entire sky was filled as they rolled in on the coast with containers filled wth tanks. It would be quick. Buit you know where did all the military come from arnt they all in othe points around the world? My point bush would love to leave us vunerable, i bet he would hide behind big dick and his famous gun while ating bbq down in a bunker. Or maybe he would just wait it out in a second grade class room again.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
We still have over 1 million US troops stateside, despite what a lot of people have been saying on here, we are not defenseless and Texas is home to Fort Hood, largest Military Base in the USofA.
I think also that it would come through Mexico as well as going through the Alaska then Canada.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Ya,we are nowhere near defenseless. It would be the worst conflict in modern times imo. Alaska,mexico,would be their best bet. I think theyd be able to come through canada down the west coast,but canada's forces are rather tough.

Not including civillian resistance,the east coast is way to heavily defended to try an attack from there. The west,still heavily defended but the terrain would pose problems.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yea and Russia may amass a few rangers or special forces troops in Cuba, so Florida is a likely entry point to.
I've heard from many sources, not just here, that China already has many soldiers down in Mexico.
Theyll get themselves situated at the docks were their supplies and weapons would be there waiting for them.
Let me tell ya this. First of all would I go fight in Iraq or Afghan if asked right now, hell no, for many reasons.
Now the obvious question and the obvious (for me) answer from me.
When (ya i said when lol)or if China or Russia began coming across the border say in Laredo Tx, which is two hours from where i live. Would i then fight or grab my chit and haul a$$..he he um hell ya ill fight then and so would the other 107 millionmilitary age American citizens in the USofA.
They wouldn't make it even to Austin

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
dammmm tghat looks f-cking awesome, cant wait till its released.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This game, does look awesome. Is it going to be for the PC or for Console gaming system Xbox 360 PS 3 etc?
tia

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm here in Alaska... I'll tell you, they would have a hell of a time mounting an invasion from here. Those tanks and vehicles would have to either drive on the Alcan for days, or have a hell of a time hopping over Texas-sized mountain ranges.

What they would do is take out the military bases here and in the Aleutians, as they are our most western defenses. Well, them and Hawaii. Something tells me that people who should know do know this. They are either so prepared for it that they would crumble the Rusky front or they are welcome to it and maybe even counting on something of the sort.

Either way, I am always ready to head for the hills...

[edit on 4/19/2007 by Anubis Kanubis]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I personally don't think that Russia would invade, the lower 48 at least, because if they sent all that manpower to the U.S., China would march right into Moscow IMHO.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I've had an account for awhile this is my first post I usually just troll because I am busy. A couple years back I was looking into possible first strike capabilities by America's enemies. I found some interesting information while looking that said during the cold war if the USSR was going to pre-emptively strike us it would be a High Altitude Nuclear Blast over Omaha, NE. The resulting EMP travels outwardly to the horizon (essentially most of the continental US) frying any non hardened electrical componets in it's path.

I found this very interesting as I live in one of the nearby states. I approached my dad who was a high placed official for an electricity company. He had never heard of this scenario, but was intrigued. The next day he asked the head of the companies security department, a former officer of naval intelligence and naval advanced research, about it. My dad told me 1-that the guy was surprised I asked about this, 2-It was known with almost certainty that this would have been a first strike option, no matter if it was a sneak attack or retaliation.

The former officer said that the military command and control infrastructure was hardened during the 70's to withstand an EMP like this one, but that all consumer and public electronics would be fried even to this day. He also said even people in omaha would not know there had just been a nuclear blast and that there would be little fallout from such a blast due to atmospheric conditions at that altitude. He said this threat is still very very real. He also said it would not necessarily require an ICBM or even long range missle. I do not remember exact figures for the altitude but I want to say it was around 230 miles up. He elaborated theorhetically one could be fired off a ship in Gulf of Mexico ( or remeber cuban missle crisis) or one of our neighboring countries.

Can you imagine the mayhem that would follow this? almost wouldn't need another wave or attack just let us kill each other in the streets as we will have no ATS available to tell us what's really happening. Just my two cents, rip away.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The game is for PC...and yes it looks awesome!

Overview
World in Conflict

West Germany, 1988. To avoid certain collapse, the Soviet army boldly advances into Europe. NATO responds only to be met on a second front -- a diversionary attack on the American homeland. You are a field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.

World in Conflict is under development by the leading creative and technical minds at Massive Entertainment, creators of the innovative and award-winning Ground Control series.

Features

* Superpowered Warfare
Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by best-selling author and Cold War authority, Larry Bond.
* MassTech Engine
The latest version of Massive's proprietary engine allows for a full 360 range of camera control, allowing you to get right down into the midst of battle.
* Demolish Everything
Destroy every object in the game - crush cars, destroy buildings, burn forests!
* Drop-in Multiplayer
Join on-going games and immediately help your team take control of the map.

* Fast-paced Teamplay
Master four different battlefield roles; Air, Armor, Infantry and Support, in the ultimate online teamplay experience.

* Super Weapons
Unleash ground-shaking artillery barrages, napalm strikes, and awesome tactical nukes that turn the tide of battle.

www.worldinconflict.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Would you be able to fight as any power you would want, or are you limited to the American army?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well in my opion if Russia was to mount and attack on the US mainland you might very well have a World in Conflict/Red Dawn style attack, or you could just the same not and instead have them use nukes on millitary bases and then follow it up with a full scale invasion form eaither the borders or the coasts, there really are alot of possiable ways they could come at the US, my guess is that it will depend on if the use nukes and hit hard and fast before there can be a retaloitory strike on them, I could see them comeing in form Canada and maybe Mexico but if what people have been saying bout China being down there is true then no, Canada and the coasts would be the most likely for a ground invasion/amphiois assalut

As for the High Altitude Nuclear Blast over Omaha Neb senerio that UnD3rg0uND talked about earliyier it would efficatively deal a massive blow to the majority of the continaents communications, powersupply and so forth, do serieus damgage to Offeut AFB there in Omaha were Global Command is at and hammper the fact that Offeut i ware they conrtol most of the missile sites in Neb and Iowa form that base, i know bout this HANB over Omaha senoerio first hand, since living near the base its something alot of folks there worry bout happening

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Russia would need and want the infrastructure if they decided to “take over” the United States. What they don’t need or want is the people. So they create a superbug (i.e. The Stand) only one they have a vaccine for. Wait for 90% of the population to die, send in their immune troops and voila - a ready made new home.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaronman
Would you be able to fight as any power you would want, or are you limited to the American army?

From what I have read you play as the American army during the campaign only. You can play as the Russians during multilayer though....

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Russia couldn't launch a all out attack on America without America seeing it coming weeks in advance. We'd be poppin caps in the Russian ships carrying all those troops, weapon systems, supplys etc long before they could get to our shores.

They'd be on the ocean floor way before they could start anything over here

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alucard666000
Well in my opion if Russia was to mount and attack on the US mainland you might very well have a World in Conflict/Red Dawn style attack, or you could just the same not and instead have them use nukes on millitary bases and then follow it up with a full scale invasion form eaither the borders or the coasts, there really are alot of possiable ways they could come at the US, my guess is that it will depend on if the use nukes and hit hard and fast before there can be a retaloitory strike on them, I could see them comeing in form Canada and maybe Mexico but if what people have been saying bout China being down there is true then no, Canada and the coasts would be the most likely for a ground invasion/amphiois assalut

As for the High Altitude Nuclear Blast over Omaha Neb senerio that UnD3rg0uND talked about earliyier it would efficatively deal a massive blow to the majority of the continaents communications, powersupply and so forth, do serieus damgage to Offeut AFB there in Omaha were Global Command is at and hammper the fact that Offeut i ware they conrtol most of the missile sites in Neb and Iowa form that base, i know bout this HANB over Omaha senoerio first hand, since living near the base its something alot of folks there worry bout happening

Lets say the there was a high altitude E.M.P nuclear or maybe a surprise non nuclear one also...this would disable 99% of all electronics in the USA. This means no electronic communication other than hardened cold war era radios/computers to coordinate a defense. Since most of our troops are overseas at the moment we are extremely vulnerable. Guerrilla warfare style of fighting would only slow down the advance and the take over of various facilities. Any military person will tell you the old adage of "divide and conquer". This would hold true to groups that cannot fight as one coordinated force due to the lack of communication. If you have China and Russia cooperating as one......thats scary....

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh wow a total rip off of Command & Conquer Red Alert (which sucked in my opinion anyway). Whats with all the cold war alternate history stories/games anyway? Its kinda annoying.

But besides the point this game looks like it'll kill my computer, hell it would make it explode the moment I try to run the program. My computer sucks.

Oh and this entire scenario is complete bull.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Oh wow a total rip off of Command & Conquer Red Alert (which sucked in my opinion anyway). Whats with all the cold war alternate history stories/games anyway? Its kinda annoying.

But besides the point this game looks like it'll kill my computer, hell it would make it explode the moment I try to run the program. My computer sucks.

Oh and this entire scenario is complete bull.

Ok...let's say its the year 2012
. The United States has been in a 5 year occupation of Iran + 9 years in Iraq after an extensive air war with the use of bunker busting nukes to destroy Iran's nuclear weapons program. The air war was not as successful as hoped and a ground war became a necessity to change destroy the program and change the leadership. Russia and China take notice of what some would call "American Imperialism" after the Iraq invasion and begin to rapidly modernize their military through oil/gas money and trade dollars.

A new crisis emerges as Pakistani and Egyptian governments are overthrown by Islamic extremist. The U.S. being stretched to the breaking point acts by invading both countries.

China in response to the America's invasions detonates a low earth orbiting E.M.P satellite over Kansas City, Kansas causing the destructions of 99% of all electronics and blinding or destroying American/allied satellites......America is blind and ready for the taking with no clue of who is attacking.......This is where you pick up..............

[edit on 19-4-2007 by BlueRidge]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join