It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank God You're Here! (Television Show)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Has anyone caught this new show yet on NBC?

The initial promos for it left me uninspired, but I still gave the premiere a shot, and well I was quite impressed. I've watched the first few episodes, and I do find myself busting out laughing several times each show. The show has David Alan Grier hosting, and has Dave Foley as the Judge and Jury. Not a particular fan of Foley, as his gratuitous praise has already worn thin with me, and Grier is not much better, but the people they've had on so far have been hilarious.

Jason Alexander, Tom Green, Shannon Elizabeth, George Takei, Harland Williams, and Wayne Knight have all been an amazing ensemble thus far. I was not a particular fan of some of these before hand, and was disappointed to hear that they were performing, but each and every one of them were absolutely hilarious.

Thank God You're Here

From the producers of "American Idol," the improvisational hit comedy series that originated in Australia, "Thank God You’re Here," comes to America this Spring. Hosted by David Alan Grier ("In Living Color") and presided over by judge, Dave Foley ("NewsRadio," "Kids In The Hall"), "Thank God You’re Here" showcases the improvisational skills of a group of four brave actors each week, as they walk into a live sketch without a script, their only armor and unforeseen and unexplained wardrobe change. The only thing the celebrity can count on when walking into the scenario is a desperate greeting from a fellow actor in the skit, proclaiming, "Thank God You’re Here!" Taped in front of a live audience, the group of actors in the pilot include Jennifer Coolidge ("For Your Consideration," "Best In Show"), Bryan Cranston ("Malcom in the Middle"), Joel McHale (E! Entertainment’s, "The Soup") and Wayne Knight ("Seinfeld"). "Thank God You’re Here" is produced by FremantleMedia North America. Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO of FremantleMedia North America ("American Idol"), is executive producer. Fax Bahr and Adam Small ("The Jamie Kennedy Experiment," "Mad TV") are executive producers. David Alan Grier is producer.

This is another new show that I highly recommend to everyone. If you are any fan of any form of comedy, I really think you'll enjoy this show.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wow can't believe no one has replied to this thread yet! i was just about to start a thread of my own until i saw this one... this show is HILARIOUS, im watchin it right now actually.. MINIMUS MAXIMUS LMAO

funny funny show!

the show really takes improv to another level, its awesome

[edit on 16-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Tonight was the Season Finale and I didn't get an opportunity to catch it. I had a few others shows set to record and I was watching the NHL & NBA playoffs.

Was it any good?

The show has some weak moments, and I can not stand that Dave Foley. Grier annoys me most of the time, but I can handle him.

I'd be surprised if this show made a return, but I am willing to give it another shot.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Was it any good?

The show has some weak moments, and I can not stand that Dave Foley. Grier annoys me most of the time, but I can handle him.

I'd be surprised if this show made a return, but I am willing to give it another shot.

yea last night episode was decent.. im not exactly sure of the names of the people on it but i only knew Wayne Knight, him and the second act were the best ones, the last 2 and the final scene aws kinda lame

dude foley and grier annoy me too! grier tries way to hard and foley just.. bugs me

i hope it returns tho, think of all the other people they could get to go on it, i could imagine some pretty hilarious people getting on that show!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This show was developed and created in Australia. The Aussie version is awesome, has really given new talent a chance to shine. You should try and check out the podcasts if you can.

top topics

join