It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First hand account from one DAMN lucky Virginia Tech student! Questions regarding the official story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Talks about the smell of death and says the shooter fired one gun.......a .22.

This guy's probably going to have nightmares for the rest of his life.

Peace

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that he or anyone else who was witness to this event will ever overcome their experience. I will say this, it's rather bizarre to me at how "as a matter of fact" all of these students are about this whole situation. Almost emotionaless.

Now, to be fair, we rarely react to things the way we suspect we would. I know that I didn't react to watching my father take his last breath the way I thought I would and I didn't react to watching my mother take her last breath the way I thought I would either. Yeah, I cried, mostly previous to their death, but it was weird. To be honest, since the whole 9/11 event, I have felt pretty numb inside. So, I guess I shouldn't criticze anyone for being much the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My question is what happened to the 9mm the guy supposedly had?? Was it planted? Was there another shooter (33 dead with no less than 3 bullets in each)? Was the receipt for the 9mm planted??

Questions are arising in my conspiratorial mind.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
(33 dead with no less than 3 bullets in each)?

Where did you read that, no less than three bullets.
Was it to make sure they were dead?

Quite a harrowing account there from that guy, was he the only one to survive in that classroom?

Good link.
, just a sad story.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My money is on there being another shooter. I don't see this kid killing that many people with a .22 caliber gun. I don't know, the whole damn thing really doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

In the main ATSNN news thread regarding the incident. It's so long now I've forgotten the page.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
He was found with two 9mms on the floor next to him, and CARRYING a .22 as well. He USED the 9mm, but he was carrying three weapons. And a .22 is just as deadly as a 9mm.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Most of the victims from current hostpital release says the shooter shot with amazing "assassination" able shooting.

For instance, one girl was shot in the wrist, the elbow and the shoulder..

Another man was shot in the abdomen, middle chest and head..

Another was shot in the knee, thigh and waist..

Another was shot I believe several times in the stomach hitting every major organ except his stomach..

That was all released through one hospital, and hes right, there has not been a report of someone shot just once.. It never crossed my mind until he brought it back up though..

I don't understand how, with just a semi automatic hand gun, he could have shot so many people so many times without ANYONE trying to stop him.

He bought his weapon 5 weeks prior to the shooting, so he was no expert on how to fire, reload that fast. let alone aim..

I have read several amazing stories of survival though, like the Eagle Scout who tied off his leg to save his life and not bleed to death.
Talk about fast thinking.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
My money is on there being another shooter. I don't see this kid killing that many people with a .22 caliber gun. I don't know, the whole damn thing really doesn't make sense to me.

He was a loner though, apparently not a single friend, and from his room mates accounts he wouldn't have wanted help anyways..

Which makes it all the weirder

I have to agree with you on one thing though, the students have been relatively emotionless.. some talking like this happens every day, like the guy who barricaded the door in the class room on CNN, emotionless till the end.

I think though, that it is just a sign of our society, and perhaps the initial shock?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just because he bought the weapon 5 weeks before doesn't mean he wasn't going to a range and practicing. I never have owned a gun but I've been to many ranges and rented them and practiced with them. As for the multiple shots, it's been known for awhile that while 9mms can be very accurate, people don't necessarily drop from a single shot from one. There was an incident on Fairchild AFB in Washington, where a guy was hit 7 or 8 times by a Security Police officer armed with a 9mm before he finally hit the ground.

As for jumping him, most people hear gunfire and they immediately try to get AWAY from it. They don't think about trying to jump the gunman and get the guns away from him. It's a self preservation thing.

I'd say them being emotionless is pure shock. It's going to take a long time for this to fully sink in. Most of them are still trying to figure out why their friends were the ones gunned down and they weren't.

[edit on 4/18/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And now it's three guns?? First I heard of that.

If this is a conspiracy they knew with so many dead and so many bullets fired that they would have to increase the number of weapons in the official story. With all those federal agents running around it's easy to plant evidence.

I'm starting to smell rats.

Peace

edit: So we can say that if any of the dead have 9mm wounds in them, the shooter must have switched guns at least once. According to this particular survivor, he reloaded his .22 and didn't switch weapons. Could be someone else was shooting the 9mm.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I first heard about it yesterday. As for the other two guns, ballistics matched with the initial two killings in the dormitory. Ballistics matches are being carried out on victims from the engineering building now. So unless the police used them on the two victims there, and then planted them on this kid, I think we can say they were the same guns he was carrying. Oh wait. The police were in on it so of COURSE they match.

Why is it so hard to accept that he was a loner with severe mental problems that snapped? Why does everything have to be a conspiracy, or have to have something else behind it? He was reported as starting fires recently, and stalking women. They found a bomb threat on the building near him as well, and said that many times when someone does something like this they send bomb threats to test security responses.

And now Alex Jones (I think it was him anyway) is going on about how this was a gov't black op.
This was a sick and deranged individual who snapped, and took it out on the rich kids that had more than he did. That's all.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I first heard about it yesterday. As for the other two guns, ballistics matched with the initial two killings in the dormitory.

Are you saying he used two guns to kill two people? What caliber were the bullets in the dorm victims?

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Why is it so hard to accept that he was a loner with severe mental problems that snapped?

Why did the number of weapons jump from two to three. They were laying right next to the body.....weren't they? Why does this idiot carry around receipts from five weeks ago?

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yea the last I heard he used the .22 pistol and a Glock 9mm. The Glocks are capable of carrying up to 17 rounds in their clips on some models, if he shot each person 3 times then he would need to to have had a minimum 99 total rounds.
And yes a .22 can be just as deadly as a 9mm, a .22 round moves at about 1400 fps so it can easily go clear through a person and into vital organs or the brain.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm saying that the slugs from the dorm victims matched ONE of the guns he was found with. One of the 9mms.

It increased because when they searched his body they found that he was carrying another gun. Probably because he wanted another weapon in case one of the 9mms jammed. A .22 is lightweight, cheap, and just as deadly.

I've found receipts in my wallet from MONTHS ago. I stuff things in my pockets all the time and forget that they're in there for weeks at a time. And did they find it on him or in his room? But either way, being that it was on a credit card it was a good idea to keep it.

As tales of Cho's worrisome behavior continued to surface Wednesday, a renowned poet and author who taught the 23-year-old gunman called the notion that he was troubled "crap" and said he was downright "mean."

Nikki Giovanni said she immediately suspected Cho when she got word of the shootings. (Watch Giovanni declare at a Tuesday convocation, "We are Virginia Tech" Video)

"I knew when it happened that that's probably who it was," Giovanni said, referring to her former pupil. "I would have been shocked if it wasn't."

Cho's poetry was so intimidating -- and his behavior so menacing -- that Giovanni had him removed from her class in the fall of 2005, she said. Giovanni said the final straw came when two of her students quit attending her poetry sessions because of Cho.

"I was trying to find out, what am I doing wrong here?" Giovanni recalled thinking, but the students later explained, "He's taking photographs of us. We don't know what he's doing." (Classmates called Cho "question mark kid")

Giovanni went to the department's then-chairwoman, Lucinda Roy, and told her, "I was willing to resign before I was going to continue with him." Roy took Cho out of Giovanni's class.

"I know we're talking about a troubled youngster and crap like that, but troubled youngsters get drunk and jump off buildings; troubled youngsters drink and drive," Giovanni said. "I've taught troubled youngsters. I've taught crazy people. It was the meanness that bothered me. It was a, really, mean streak."

Roy, who taught Cho one-on-one after removing him from Giovanni's class, recalled Cho exhibiting a palpable anger and secretly taking photographs of other students while holding the camera under his desk.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Zaphod

Can you give me a link to where they said he had three guns?

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They talked about it on tv yesterday. I don't know if it's been corrected since then, or what, but from what they said on tv yesterday it was three.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by Dr Love
(33 dead with no less than 3 bullets in each)?

Was it to make sure they were dead?

I heard the same thing on my local news.. a surgeon who was working on some of the kids said the same thing...

"All the people I worked on had no more than 3 shots in them."

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OK, I can't find any news story that says there was 3 guns. If this is in fact the case, it could cover up bullets in victims that didn't match the originally reported 2 guns? That would kind of point to a conspiracy wouldn't it?

And when I say conspiracy I'm talking about a programming, Sirhan Sirhan (as John Lear proposed) type of thing.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He said .22 but probably just misunderstood what make it was.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join