It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Plans World's Longest Tunnel, a Link to Alaska [UPDATED]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow. Thats all we need now in The US. Put money in the pockets of Another Communist Country and Elevate their Economy!! Not to mention the fact that it would be another border that would be more dangerous than the ones we already have to police.. Russia could pump whatever they want at any given time .. Sickens me..

Thanks for the thread !

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That wont work.

That area is a heavy earthquake zone.

edit on 8/26/11 by Cyprex because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Tunnel or sea floor tube.

There is a under sea road that was built years ago where they took tube segments and sunk them in a trench in the sea floor and then when the tunnel was completed they pumped the water out.

There is no way that they could build a safe car tunnel of that distance, if a car caught fire you would have a major problem.

Better to build it as a rail tunnel then you could use third rail power or battery locomotives.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I remember when the news first came out in 2007. I do not believe that US and Canadian State/Provincial and federal governments have signed on this project.

As for the economic impact it will have a positive impact with all the construction jobs that this project will generate.

Also it coal, timber/wood, resource exports to China Via Russia will increase.

overall a good development.

Lord Vader.

"you only have yourself to fear"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join