It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has it been kept hidden for so long?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Since the fifties when the general public became aware of UFOs through
the media, ufologists have basically had a full time job. And I thought that
their work is to gather and study the evidence and discover the truth either way concerning the phenomenon.

They simply haven't been doing their jobs properly or the truth is not to be found.

I find astonishing that its been nigh on fifty years that this supposed science has been studied, and they have come up with nothing.

I find it hard to believe that with today's technology and modern resources
they are no closer to finding out the truth. Ufology in general terms
has got no nearer to any clear vision of what is going on since its dawn.

In any other profession it would have been given up long ago. And if they did discover the truth would they hide it because their jobs would become extinct? Or are they being stopped from telling us by unknowns?

Which leads to the bigger question;
How has this been kept hidden for so long?
How has any government kept this a secret without NOTHING leaking out?

Not one disgruntled ex-employee? Not one whistle blower with undeniable
proof? Not one mistake that leaks out proof of their existence on or around this planet? Not even any aliens showing themselves to the world for whatever reason?

A conspiracy that's supposedly this huge simply could not be contained by any force regardless of how powerful they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Its not well hidden. People are just looking for verification from a gov't source. If it were well hidden, you an I would not be posting on this website about aliens. The best method of keeping this disclosed is ridicule. Media outlets always ridicule the subject and it rubs off on the population.(The Lemming Effect) There is good evidence out there on the subject. There is documentation going back since the beginning of man in our ancient texts and artwork. The question is, are people open-minded enough to accept that there are technologically advanced humanoids out there? Has our thinking become advanced enough where we can accept that we are not just animals but part of a galactic community with people just like us?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

The best way to keep a secret this big is to use disinformation. Load up the media with a lot of crazy stories, sprinkled with bits of truth, so that the truth is tossed out along with the craziness. Plenty has leaked out. But how can you separate the real stuff from the junk, particularly when the real stuff may be so fantastic it sounds like junk? You send Bob Lazar or Col. Corso out with wild stories, most of it lies but with some bits of truth scattered around in it. What is true and what are lies? Unless you already know, you don't know.

Personally, if there are aliens or time-travelling humans, and the government has pieces of them or their ships, then that information is highly compartmentalized such that very few people have a view of the bigger picture. And I also suspect that they are still pretty clueless about what they have, how it works, exactly where/when it comes from, because we still do not have a very clear understanding of space and time and consciousness, and some of this stuff might be currently unexplainable using our current models. So research on these things, if it's happening, is very slow and very quiet.

If we had better understanding of the artifacts, there would be more active research and consequently more leaks and more disinformation.

That's what I figure. Or it all might be fictional fairy stories, designed to confuse our friends as well as our enemies.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i believe its becuase theres nothing really to be covered up and that no et craft has ever crashed on earth

the usa might have some radar evidence or pilot sightings but i think they know about as much as us regardingUFOs.

They dont want to admit there are unknown objects in their airspace that they cannot shooot down/capture. Might make the citizens uneasy and have less faith in the countries security.

But lets face it- theres no really good evidence for ET space craft, your average person isnt seeing saucers in the sky all the time to most people its a myth. If an ET craft swooped down on any major city in the world in broad daylight then people would be asking serious questions & expect a response.

Until some undeniable concrete evidence comes along that we are being visted by ET craft the government can get away with denial.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
some leaks may be real and the government relies on the public to not believe it because ufology has kind of become a social stigma.

take that alien interview video that's all over the net for example. when you see the comments of that video on youtube, you'll see half of the people say 'fake!'. If it truly is real, then the government is doing a good job of making ufology into a social stigma and making whistle blowers appear to be lunatics.

however, in more recent years, we finally have some more credible whistle blowers, such as ex-government and military personell who were trusted by the government to do their duties such as handle nuclear weapons. If we can trust them with our nuclear stockpiles, then I feel we can trust their word. They've been afraid to come out, because they feel they will be looked down upon and perhaps even killed by their own governments. But as they become older they feel they have nothing to loose.

also... it's kind of like the movie independence day. when the president asks why he wasn't informed of area 51, the guy responds with 'two words: plausable deniability'. Even the president doesn't know fully what's going on.

You really need to have a open mind to believe that it's possible for intelligent life to visit us. Most people however, don't belive it's possible, which is why many ignore all the evidence. They can't comprehend how an intelligent species can travel light years to our planet. What they need to realize is that the human mind is not perfect and there are things in this univers we don't fully understand, such as the theory of relativity and the theory of electromagnetism. These theories are just that - theories. Many people think they are proven when in fact they are not. There could be other laws of physics that we don't know about that tie the two together or something. How do we know 100% that our laws of physics can't be broken?

[edit on 18-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

[edit on 18-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks for those who replied.

Though I did expect a lot more, it clearly goes to show that its a question
that most people are afraid of discussing. Especially the stout believers.

Fifty years and no proof? Sorry it doesn't add up.

Take the last two big events that have happened; 9/11 and the war in Iraq.

With 9/11 the amount of information that was leaked was astounding, it simply couldn't be contained within a select few.

The war in Iraq, we invaded the country on the basis of there being WMDs.
There wasn't of any course, but your trying to tell me that a government who can hide the existence of extraterrestrials on or around this planet, weren't capable of planting a couple of nuclear bombs in a bunker somewhere to justify their actions?

Come on.

We have nothing to go on but pure faith and grainy videos.
Surely to believe something so important as another intelligent life form(and remember not one has ever come forward, why not?) roaming this planet, it has to be more than just basing your belief on some strange objects in the sky that could easily be earth made. Surely.

We've took this to a point where its become a myth. Something to hold
on to on the hope that these beings will be the saviour of the earth. Its turned into a religion.

In this day and age and with our ways and means, I just think we would have found out by now.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Perhaps there is simply nothing to present.

Assuming something or some one does exist out there in the cosmos and is stopping in from time to time to check up on us we would also have to assume that recovering and retieving lost counterparts and hardware probably would not be too hard for a superior species.

Add on top of this the ability of the government and/or the powers that be to censor, dis info, classify, and legitimately hide any and all remaining evidence.

I am still amazed we even get cell phone video of a ufo at this point.

So if you cannot get your hands on it, cannot speak to its operator/maker, cant find hard data on it, you basically cannot study it.

Ufologists are basically studying observations and witness accounts. But, it is impossible to understand the technology based on visual inspection and accounts alone.

Untill one of these things crashes in the middle of a neighborhood populated by PHD's in physics and engineering who can instantly hide it and dissect it later we may never fully understand much of anything about it.

Unless, perhaps, the people piloting the crafts themselves finally make a halftime landing at the superbowl.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i feel it is because the people are not doing anything about it. i mean in practical terms, 10 out of a million wants to know whats going on while the others just want to believe theres nothing such as underground bases, aliens etc and because it is easy to shut 10 people.
everyone has alot to lose so no1 wants to risk anyone close to them and whatever they have just for some truth which they feel is not affecting them.
whenever i start i conversation about aliens and all with my mates they just say its crap and theres nothing such as ALIENS or UFOs so this is what i believe..

i mean till today, in person i have not come across anyone who actually wants to take this topic seriously and talk about it, those who do just do because there is nothing else to speak about or for any such reason..

[edit on 19-4-2007 by psychicxperience]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Since the fifties when the general public became aware of UFOs through
the media, ufologists have basically had a full time job.

How many paid UFOlogists are there that list their job as being a UFOlogist? Who are these people who were being paid to study UFOs?

And I thought that
their work is to gather and study the evidence and discover the truth either way concerning the phenomenon.
They simply haven't been doing their jobs properly or the truth is not to be found.

Who is 'they'? Again, how many paid UFOlogists are there for them to not be doing their job properly? You can't make accusations against a group of people without being prepared to name the people. Exactly WHO has not been doing their job properly and what was their job in the first place?

I find astonishing that its been nigh on fifty years that this supposed science has been studied, and they have come up with nothing.

Right... so nothing means that there has not been thousands upon thousands of documented UFO cases? The French just released 'nothing' did they?

I find it hard to believe that with today's technology and modern resources
they are no closer to finding out the truth. Ufology in general terms
has got no nearer to any clear vision of what is going on since its dawn.

So? What would you expect to find after roughly 60 years for such an elusive subject? At least there are people trying to get to the bottom of the mystery and I know that not all of them are PAID as UFOlogists on their tax returns.

In any other profession it would have been given up long ago. And if they did discover the truth would they hide it because their jobs would become extinct? Or are they being stopped from telling us by unknowns?

Exactly how does one qualify to the profession of UFOlogy? Please, tell me where I can study the subject at University and gain credit as a professional UFOlogist. What 'jobs' do 'they' stand to lose by UFO disclosure? Where in the careers section of the newspaper can I send my resume to work as a professional UFOlogist?

There has been lots of information and disinformation leaked out. Perhaps you don't recognise evidence when it has been leaked out? Presidents have been prepared to report UFOs, that's leaking out information that they are in the sky.

proof? Not one mistake that leaks out proof of their existence on or around this planet? Not even any aliens showing themselves to the world for whatever reason?

Eyewitness testimony would support that aliens have shown themselves to many people on the planet. Are you choosing to ignore every piece of eyewitness testimony ever recorded?

A conspiracy that's supposedly this huge simply could not be contained by any force regardless of how powerful they are.

It's not contained. The very existence of this website shows that the UFO mystery is not contained and that there are many amateur people working on trying to solve it.

Your post assumed that there is a professional body of UFO researchers that have been failing us for 60 years. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is no professional body of UFO researchers, where one can gain selective membership due to academic accreditation. Your ideas are way off the mark and serve as a form of disinformation to delude other people.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Get real tezzajw of course Ufology is a profesion.
What about SETI? What about Greer, Freidman, meier to name but a few?
Theyve made millions out of the ufo culture.

Thousands upon thousands of documented cases?
Bet you couldnt name a hundred that couldnt be explained by conventional methods.

What presidents "were" prepared to talk about it? One president(carter I think it was) saying he seen something in the sky hardly constitutes an outpouring of ufo information does it?

And who or what am disinforming about? Did disclosure happen when I went the toilet? Did unquestionable evidence turn up when I was in bed?
No.
Its just the same as it ever was. Something you obviously dont realise.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"How has it been kept secret so long?"

The quick easy answer to that question I think is simple. A ton of people like those of us on ATS know the truth, but as long as the official government stance is denial, we can never truly pin anything on them.

Keep in mind that there is still classified information about WWII that isn't public. It is possible for them to keep secrets. The truth is out in the open for those of us who know better. I think that's how they like it, but a select few with in the government know the facts and think it's better to deny it. Keep the majority status quo so to speak. It's more complex than that, but I don't feel like typing more right now.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by classified material]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
All valid questions, and should be taken one at a time...

It hasn't been exactly "hidden". The phenomenon is well-documented, and more than a few official, and secret, military investigations have, and likely continue, to be conducted. There are documents, film, photos, and testimony all supporting the phenomenon, and many such witnesses are highly credible, such as pilots, police, ranking officers, etc.

Plenty has leaked. However, governments involved have taken the rather ingenious step of establishing an aura of ridicule around the subject, and hoaxers have unwittingly aided that agenda. The problem is, discerning the leaked nuggets of truth, from the sargasso of garbage that's out there.

proof?

Depends on what you'd call "undeniable proof". I'm assuming you mean physical evidence. What do you think the odds are of such a person a) smuggling out a top secret piece of the modified Raptor or an unannounced plane, and b) taking it to a news agency, really are? I'd say slim to none (being somewhat familiar with the security involved here). Now imagine that you have access to physical ET evidence. I doubt you'd get very far, and even if you did, it would be rather easy to substitute a conventional terrestrial substance, supply a costume, etc. if one was truly tasked with maintaining the secret.

Plenty of ex-employees have come forward, many with impressive credentials and corraborating evidence. However, "evidence" is only "proof" to the one who accepts and believes the evidence.

Not one mistake that leaks out proof of their existence on or around this planet?

There have been plenty of slips. Roswell is the most glaring of course...but even that was successfully covered up for decades...again "proof" is a misnomer, but see the answers above about that. There are documents that show a distinct paper trail of who, how, why, and when the coverup effort went into play...just a matter of accepting the evidence.

Not even any aliens showing themselves to the world for whatever reason?

Here's the kicker right? Obviously, whatever the motive, secrecy seems to be a big part of it. Why? We can only speculate. Then, we continually discover new species every day. We find animals once thought extinct. We barely even know our own world, even with all of our science, so not hard to fathom that we don't know much about those from offworld.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
the theorized 'shadow government' in control of this information is powerful enough to keep a secret because of the money and influence it has. this 'shadow government' can influence world governments, greedy corporations, religious leaders, and mainstream media. It can and it will keep a secret as long as possible.

Especially if that secret is a threat to their own power. For example, if the secret is reverse engineered zero-point energy, then that technology being released to the public will bring down the oil companies that they have their billions invested in.

When energy becomes available for free to everyone, that will bring down the value of money and the people in control will loose their money and influence, which will cause them to loose their power. humans are greedy bastards if you think about it. it's human nature to want power and influence on the entire world.

IMO, the new world order is the mother of all conspiracy theories and pretty much ties everything together, including roswell/ufos, jfk, 9/11, black projects, etc.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Bet you couldnt name a hundred that couldnt be explained by conventional methods.

Didnt project blue book have over 700 cases "that couldnt be explained by conventional methods"

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Get real tezzajw of course Ufology is a profesion.

No, UFOlogy is not a profession. Show me the university course that I can enrol in which will give me accreditation to be called a UFOlogist? Please, show me. I want to be a UFOlogist, but I am having trouble enrolling in a course for it at University.

UFOlogy IS NOT A PROFESSION.

What about SETI?

SETI is the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. If you read their mission statement they absolutely ignore all UFO claims and totally disassociate themselves with any type of UFO research.

What about Greer, Freidman, meier to name but a few?

Greer is a medical doctor, right? He does not have a degree in UFOlogy. Now all that he does it lead a cult. Friedman has a physics degree, right? He does not have a degree in UFOlogy. He is now an author and lecturer.

Read Project Blue Book Special Report 14.

What presidents "were" prepared to talk about it? One president(carter I think it was) saying he seen something in the sky hardly constitutes an outpouring of ufo information does it?

Regan was also prepared to drop the hypothetical alien scenario in some of his speaches.

And who or what am disinforming about? Did disclosure happen when I went the toilet? Did unquestionable evidence turn up when I was in bed?
No.
Its just the same as it ever was. Something you obviously dont realise.

When you claim that UFOlogy is a profession, you spread disinformation. There are NO UFOlogists - it is not a profession. People can not study to obtain a degree in UFOlogy, enter work as a UFOlogist and write down UFOlogist on their tax return.

You blame UFOlogists for not revealing any facts and not doing their job properly. Yet, you can't tell me which UFOlogists were on a payroll and those who were not doing their job properly.

Don't make claims, unless you can support them. Don't spread disinformation about what a UFOlogist is or isn't.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Jesus tezzajw calm down.
Freidman may have a physics degree, but since he appears in nearly every UFO docu, not to mention his massive sales of books and DVDs, its
safe to say ufology is his main profesion now.

Greer may well be a doctor, but he's now obviously devoted his life to UFOs, so its safe to say thats his new career path so to speak.

Did any cases on project blue book prove the existence of aliens/UFOs?
No It may well have been strong evidence, but confirming anything?, no it
didnt.

This is my last reply to you tezzajw. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet and just want to argue with me instead of discussing it.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Jesus tezzajw calm down.
Freidman may have a physics degree, but since he appears in nearly every UFO docu, not to mention his massive sales of books and DVDs, its
safe to say ufology is his main profesion now.

His main profession now is probably self-employed or a consultant. He is a self-employed author and lecturer. He does not list UFOlogist on his tax return.

Greer may well be a doctor, but he's now obviously devoted his life to UFOs, so its safe to say thats his new career path so to speak.

Greer is also self-employed. He does not list UFOlogist or Cult Leader on his tax return.

Did any cases on project blue book prove the existence of aliens/UFOs?
No It may well have been strong evidence, but confirming anything?, no it
didnt.

There were many cases that defied explanation by conventional means. These are all reports that have contributed something to the study of UFOs. You claimed that nothing had been shown in 60 years.

This is my last reply to you tezzajw. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet and just want to argue with me instead of discussing it.

Of course it is your last reply to me. You made wild claims that there are professional UFOlogists - when UFOlogy is not a profession. You also made accusations that 'they' were not doing their job properly, but you can't name exactly WHO was not doing their job properly.

Once more, in case you missed it - UFOlogy is not a profession. There are no full-time paid professional people who can list UFOlogy on their tax returns.

It's difficult to discuss anything with you, when your opening post was full of disinformation about what a UFOlogist is meant to be and do.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
On topic :
Compartmented information. Need to know is a powerful secret keeper.
Just my opinion.

Off topic:

The war in Iraq, we invaded the country on the basis of there being WMDs.
There wasn't of any course, but your trying to tell me that a government who can hide the existence of extraterrestrials on or around this planet, weren't capable of planting a couple of nuclear bombs in a bunker somewhere to justify their actions?

Ok, this just chaps my ass.
What sort of agenda do you have, anyway ?

You have a thread called "No Sympathy" about the shooting in Va.
You start out anti-gun, then throw in this same anti-America crap.

Sir, you are more transparent than my living room window.

Mods, if I am out of line, please let me know. I truly hope I'm not.

Any more threads by this...this...I can't even voice the disdain I have
for individuals like this, will be ignored by me. And hopefully others
that can see his true nature.

Disgusted,
Lex

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
American by any chance?

Mod Edit:

Please trim your quotes

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

American by any chance?

There was a U2U sent that specifically discouraged the type of quoting that you just made. You are using up valuable bandwidth by quoting a large slab of text, only to type a four word response.

Perhaps, as well as supplying some evidence with your wild claims, you might also read the terms and conditions for posting here in a more suitable manner.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join