It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

157+ Dead in Iraq Today Alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If you could have a choice between 2 buttons, one button would be the Virginia Incident and the other button would be the Baghdad bomb.

The button you choose to press will happen and the button you don't press won't happen.

Basically, you have a choice to stop one of the 2 incidents, which button would you press?

[edit on 18-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would press the Virginia button considering there was 200 more people in the other incident....

How about you?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
I would press the Virginia button considering there was 200 more people in the other incident....

How about you?

it's an easy question. obviously you'd save the greatest number of people you possibly could

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

How about you?

it's an easy question. obviously you'd save the greatest number of people you possibly could

Yes it's an obvious choice for a person who consider all humans to be equals but that's not the case for everyone, not even on these boards.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If you could have a choice between 2 buttons, one button would be the Virginia Incident and the other button would be the Baghdad bomb.

The button you choose to press will happen and the button you don't press won't happen.

Basically, you have a choice to stop one of the 2 incidents, which button would you press?

What a ridiculous question. I know, i'll press both buttons because i wouldn't want to be seen as biased.

Why even compare both incidents?.....how many other people have died on this planet in the last couple of days, should we make a thread for all of them as well. Then we can all indulge in a bit of recreational grief and tell everyone how wonderful we are for giving a damn!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

this is a pretty stupid question
as those living in the US will do anything in their power to stop the deaths of their people

as people not living in the US will have a more balanced prospective as a large minority will go for save numbers

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steel Penguin

Why even compare both incidents?.....how many other people have died on this planet in the last couple of days, should we make a thread for all of them as well. Then we can all indulge in a bit of recreational grief and tell everyone how wonderful we are for giving a damn!

Mainly in Africa which makes Iraq look like a drop in the bucket. There has been more blood spilled in Africa then anyone anywhere could possibly dream of. Why are these same ppl that are saying that the school shootings are getting more face time then Iraq, when Iraq is getting more face time then darfur or sudan along with the rest of Africa? These same ppl who try and come off as 'humanitarian' dont give a #. They would rather focus primarily on Iraq because to them 'its where all the bad comes from'... These same ppl are so opposed to the iraq war that they arrogantly and blindy ignore that Iraq isnt the whole world, and that there are worse things happening in other places besides iraq.

It is IRAQ that gets all the media attention, and this has been the case for the past 4 years, yet these ppl think it should get more attention.. Why do these ppl that consider themselves humanitarians want more attention for Iraq while at the same time forgetting about other atrocities that are happening in the world, mainly africa.?

Things are 100x worse in Africa then they are in Iraq but yet ppl here would rather ignore that and focus primarily on Iraq.
Its to bad..

Yes it's an obvious choice for a person who consider all humans to be equals but that's not the case for everyone, not even on these boards.

Speaking of everyone being equal.. You must have forgotten about Africa in your buttons...

[edit on 123030p://4404pm by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You guys didn't get the point of my question at all.....

I was just demonstrating that some people care more about 33 people compared to 233 just for the fact that they are from their own country and that is hypocrisy if you ask me...

I gave you 2 options as an example, not because it was the worst case in history... and this thread is about the bomb in Baghdad not Africa...
And i used Virginia as the other choice because that's what people are talking about all over the place on here but you don't see people talk about the dead people in Baghdad...

Why is it these days people can't even just answer a simple question, they have to bring in unrelated comments in the equation...

Just answer the damn question, Virginia 33 or Baghdad 233 with out giving me unrelated arguments just answer the question honestly.

At least one person was able to understand the question.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

this is a pretty stupid question
as those living in the US will do anything in their power to stop the deaths of their people

as people not living in the US will have a more balanced prospective as a large minority will go for save numbers

That's a stereotype, not all people from US would press the Baghdad button, some people would see that number is more important then place of birth.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
semperfoo,

Stop assuming i don't care about Africa, i care more then you can ever imagine.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Actually, I would choose to bomb Va and lose 33 people than bomb Baghdad and lose 157. Living in the US, I can understand how some people may see their own first. Through my eyes however, we must hold equality and help must go where it is most needed.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Just answer the damn question, Virginia 33 or Baghdad 233 with out giving me unrelated arguments just answer the question honestly.

At least one person was able to understand the question.

Who are we trying to please here by answering this question? You?.. I could care a less. Its a ridiculous theoretical question. Choosing who lives and who dies is not my job, nor would I want it to be. Thats for the man upstairs to decide. not you or me.

[edit on 043030p://5004pm by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

semperfoo,

I would hope so.. People here mostly focus on Iraq because they have it bad.. but its nothing compared to what africa is going through. Its a damn shame that the international community would rather focus on Iraq then Africa... We (as in the international community) need to send troops to quail the genocide, because the UN isnt doing enough.

I just figured sense you 'seem' to be big on 'caring' about the death count of innocent ppl that maybe you wold care about africa just a lil bit more, right? It just seemed odd that you didnt bother mentioning them into your theoretical 'buttons'. I just kinda find it hypocritical of you.

[edit on 043030p://5404pm by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

I just figured sense you 'seem' to be big on 'caring' about the death count of innocent ppl that maybe you wold care about africa just a lil bit more, right? It just seemed odd that you didnt bother mentioning them into your theoretical 'buttons'. I just kinda find it hypocritical of you.

This thread is about Baghdad.

I only tried to make people realize that everyone is talking about the 33 people who died in Virginia but yet most people won't even know about 233! in Baghdad that died.

I thought it was pretty clear what my question was about when you read the previous posts on this thread....

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Actually, I would choose to bomb Va and lose 33 people than bomb Baghdad and lose 157. Living in the US, I can understand how some people may see their own first. Through my eyes however, we must hold equality and help must go where it is most needed.

Shattered OUT...

Wow unbelievable, You answered the question with logic and common sense, that makes 2 persons who were able to do such a thing so far.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

semperfoo,

I would hope so.. People here mostly focus on Iraq because they have it bad.. but its nothing compared to what africa is going through. Its a damn shame that the international community would rather focus on Iraq then Africa... We (as in the international community) need to send troops to quail the genocide, because the UN isnt doing enough.

FORTUNATELY for Africa it's not a source of oil so you won't see the US go ''help'' them any time soon.

However, unfortunately for Africa, the US are the ones who are selling them old clumsy weapons so they can continue their wars.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You better let my Boss know that then. He's been paying me for a few years now for setting up a mud washing plant on a Continent with no oil.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So many deaths in one day? But how could that be?

Things are improving there everyday!!!!

Are they lying to us??????

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

FORTUNATELY for Africa it's not a source of oil so you won't see the US go ''help'' them any time soon.

Give it a brake already.

And yes Africa has natural resources such as oil. Just for instance, Nigeria is Africa's most populous country and is one of the world's biggest oil producers.

However, unfortunately for Africa, the US are the ones who are selling them old clumsy weapons so they can continue their wars.

Unfortunately we do all because of the almighty dollar, however, the US isnt the only one guilty of doing this... NO ONE should be sending weapons over there of any kind. But some of the African governments must be properly armed to deal with insurgents of there own.

[edit on 023030p://2204pm by semperfoo]

[edit on 063030p://0704pm by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
So many deaths in one day? But how could that be?

Things are improving there everyday!!!!

Are they lying to us??????

Things are getting better, not in the sense that people want to believe however. Things are getting better in the sense that the Iraqi people have less to fear from their government and more to fear from each other.

This is a step forward. The next step in the process would be to insure that the Iraqi populous would have NOTHING to fear and can contribute to the world climate just as much as any other nation.

If we abandon them now, everything will be reversed and things will get worse before they get better and then it'll stay like that. Who's going to help Iraq? No one, not even the US.

It makes me sad to know this and to see this. No one is actively trying to help, or at least not enough help is going around.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join