It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

157+ Dead in Iraq Today Alone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know these bombings happen every day and to be honest we've all stopped counting (and possibly caring) but please spare a thought for the 157+ who died today in the nightmare we created

More than 150 dead in Iraq blasts

At least 157 people have been killed in a string of attacks in Iraq's capital, Baghdad, security officials say.
In the deadliest incident, some 115 people were killed in a car bombing in a food market in Sadriya district.

An attack on a police checkpoint in Sadr City and several other explosions left at least another 42 people dead.

The attacks came as Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki said Iraqi forces would assume control of the country's security by the end of the year.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
haha its ridiculous every channel is still covering the Vtech shooting when this is happening. I guess their gonna have to kill like 500 to get some headlines.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by collielikethedog
haha its ridiculous every channel is still covering the Vtech shooting when this is happening. I guess their gonna have to kill like 500 to get some headlines.

Who knows, maybe these defenders of Iraq will probably achieve that goal.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Because it is hardly news.

157 people killed by... what is ya'll call em? .. OH yeah... freedom fighters is nothing new, it is not sensational and as the OP said. No one cares.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
157 people that wont taste the sweet fruits of the so called freedom the US has planted in Iraq by invading in faulse pretences

i really do pity those who come on here and say how this news isnt relivent

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Actually I didn't say 'no-one cares' I just acknowledged the compassion fatigue that the endless carnage creates.

FWIW To me it's 5x sadder than the VA shootings - simply because 5x more people are dead.

I doubt GWB, Tony Bliar, or Her Maj wil be making any speeches / sending messages for these victims - our collective double-standards are truly sickening

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Of course Bush, nor Blair nor anyone else will make a speach..

We have been numbed by the carnage..

You see it everyday on TV.. in fact, I would actually say it would be more surprising that NO ONE died in Iraq in any given day, not how many did.

You're right, people care, its just that your so used to hearing about it, and that it is so far away, and because people have been numbed to it, no one acknowledges it. They are used to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Not to take away from the tragedy of the VT shootings,but this deserves the same amount of attention.The media and this government's hypocricies are showing.It was a sad and tragic day at VT,but these deaths(in numbers)in Iraq dwarf the VT shooting.And yet there is little to no mention of it.

Why is it when "Americans" die,their lives carry more value than people from Iraq?Arent the innocent people dying everyday over there,just a sad as the VT shootings?

If the media is going to pay respects to innocent lives lost,they shouldnt cheery pick whose lives are supposedly worth more.And the fact that these deaths in Iraq are more common and frequent,is more the reason why it deserves more attention.

My condollinces to the families who have lost people in Iraq,as well as VT.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK.... some of these comments may make sense to some of you but it doesn't cut it in reality.

The sad truth is... Iraqi's are just that.. just Iraqi's, it is natural that a nation places its own people above the rest..

If there was a shooting and 30 people died in a British school, thats all that would be on TV.. same thing if it happened in Germany, Australia, ect.

If you think 157 people dieing in Iraq is considered "equal" news to 33 students being murdered, then good for you.. but for the rest of America and the world, this is slightly more important then some militia's killing people, which is done every day. It's a new story, but it's also old.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just trying to keep this topic up to date.....

**UPDATE**

(YahooNews)-233 killed in Iraq, most in bombings BAGHDAD - Suspected Sunni insurgents penetrated the Baghdad security net Wednesday, hitting Shiite targets with four bomb attacks that killed 183 people — the bloodiest day since the U.S. troop increase began nine weeks ago.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aig2oqY1SY7fkNw0ecrCpngUewgF

The headline seems to change hourly,with the death toll continuing to go up.
It now stands at 233.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Rockpuck to some people all death is sugnificant event
u dont live in the US and i think its as just as bad as the 147 people killed in Iraq

actions and events in the US always hit headlines here
and other countries

so speak for your self

to a large majority of the world its all equal

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Haven't 600,000+ people died in Iraq? Whats another 300. The funny thing is that the people killing them are perfectly sane and they haven't stalked anyone or were loners.

I just hope the world understands that it isn't the soliders fault, its just that our country was hijacked by neocons. In the future I hope the forgive us when we take back the country.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I personally don't know what happened in Baghdad so i won't assume who did the killings and i certainly won't take the media's word for it.

Soon there will be peace... but it's gonna get even worst before that happens.

Love you all.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
Haven't 600,000+ people died in Iraq? Whats another 300. The funny thing is that the people killing them are perfectly sane and they haven't stalked anyone or were loners.

I just hope the world understands that it isn't the soliders fault, its just that our country was hijacked by neocons. In the future I hope the forgive us when we take back the country.

I wouldn't go as far as saying sane and not stalkers.

Remember these so called "Freedom Fighters" are the same people who hunt down, abduct people, and behead them on national television. These same people follow the fanatical rules of Islam to the extreme (more so than most other fanatics) and kill their own people.

Because we all know that freedom is obtained by slaughtering your own populous and causing fear among those you promise to save.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ShatteredSkies i wouldnt go as far as calling them muslims

Islam forbids one from killing anyone that is innacent and those who have done no harm.

why not refer to them as the cancer that plagues this planet?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
ShatteredSkies i wouldnt go as far as calling them muslims

Islam forbids one from killing anyone that is innacent and those who have done no harm.

why not refer to them as the cancer that plagues this planet?

They kill more muslims than anyone else, lets refer to them as the enemy of muslims. In every sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I didn't call them Muslims. I called them Fanatical Extremists who take the religion of Islam to it's extreme ignoring all else that the religion actually preachers to be good.

I could say the same for the Irish terrorists who do the same with Christianity.

They aren't Muslim, they're extreme fundamentalists. As far as I'm concerned, they're gun fodder as well. At this point I have no regard for their lives because they're lives are worth nothing to me.

I'm quite aware that in no way shape or form does the Muslim community condone any of the actions taken or pursued because it is simply not in the religion to cause harm to other human life.

Then again, if this is true, then why did the Crusades happen? I'll tell you this much, wasn't the least bit for religion as people make it out to be.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Who knows, maybe these defenders of Iraq will probably achieve that goal.

You know what chaps my ass? US troops arnt the ones driving car bombs into crowded market places.

This is a warzone. People are bound to die. Its sad and I wish it wasnt this way.

I guess im the only one with balls to say this but what happened at Vtech was the WORST attack on a school in our nations history. These were young kids who had their whole life ahead of them, our nations future dead. These kids lost their life because of some insane psychopath who hated his own.

so have some respect for both sides. A university campus isnt a war zone. These kids should be able to go to class and learn without worrying for their own life.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Of course Bush, nor Blair nor anyone else will make a speach..

We have been numbed by the carnage..

You see it everyday on TV.. in fact, I would actually say it would be more surprising that NO ONE died in Iraq in any given day, not how many did.

You're right, people care, its just that your so used to hearing about it, and that it is so far away, and because people have been numbed to it, no one acknowledges it. They are used to it.

I agree, its to bad. But again, coalition soldiers are not the ones going into crowded market places and blowing up innocent ppl. Its to bad that these ppl get pushed over as just more carnage. Sadly we would be mourning these ppls deaths everyday. Its just become common practice..

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Nice try camouflaging your hypocrisy but it didn't work...

There has been a lot of school massacres but yet people will talk about the 33 dead in Virginia for years to come while people will not even care or know about the 233 that died in Baghdad.

Your excuse that you are numbed to it due to it happening a lot is flawed because school shootings also happens a lot and yet you clearly care about them.

The only thing you are used to, is denying your hypocrisy.

Baghdad and Virginia, i feel the same for both of them... they are no different, they are both murders.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join