It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Bomb Threat at Va Tech ALL CLEAR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Breaking: Bomb Threat at Va Tech

Burruss Hall has been locked down due to a bomb threat as seen on FNC link will be provided asap
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/18 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I hope it is a hoax

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
police news conference shortly on the incident,

Police said, "unfounded suspicious event", FNC reviewing the recent statement by the police. No word on the reported struggle in the building

a phone interview said the College President's office was in Burruss Hall, scenes of bomb sniffing dogs, possible struggle in the Hall

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm surprised its open at all yet,

Well glad that its all clear anyway,

Thanks for the heads up,

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Tech spokesman: no bomb threat

two students were told by police to "get DOWN!" as the cops ran by towards Burruss Hall, and reports that two police said a struggle was going on inside the building.

Now it is a non incident, I guess nerves are definitely frayed and people are on pins and needles.

Still unsure on how this whole supposed threat was started, but it is a little strange.

Sorry if I alarmed anyone, I just like to keep ATS informed, thanks for moving this UM_Gazz and thanks for the heads up on breaking news items, I will keep that in mind

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just posting some reports on the incident:

SWAT Team Called To Virginia Tech
Threat Of Suspicious Activity Is Unfounded

CBS) BLACKSBURG, Va. Virginia Tech students still on edge after the deadliest shooting in U.S. history got another scare Wednesday morning as police in SWAT gear with weapons drawn swarmed Burruss Hall, which houses the president's office.

The threat of suspicious activity turned out to be unfounded, said Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said, and the building was reopened. But students were rattled.

"They were just screaming, 'Get off the sidewalks,"' said Terryn Wingler-Petty, a junior from Wisconsin. "They seemed very confused about what was going on. They were just trying to get people organized."

new topics

top topics

join