It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best steak you have ever had!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
OK first the steak!

Grill a steak just how you like it, Heres the kicker whille the steaks are grilling put 1 pack of fresh mushrooms,1 stick of butter, and a pack of ranch in a cooking pot. Bake for 15-20 min.

ONce the steaks are done, put the mushrooms on top and enjoy!!! Yummy!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i have to go with mini pizzas

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
~ STEAK ~

Thanks for the tip. Sounds great.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
best steak ever has to be one that has a good rub first with salt, pepper (red if you like the kick) paprika, garlic and onion powder, oregano, and rosemary (fresh).
then on a good old fashion campfire cook the steaks to your liking on a grill.
the taste will be something you will remember for many years.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
best steak ever has to be one that has a good rub first with salt, pepper (red if you like the kick) paprika, garlic and onion powder, oregano, and rosemary (fresh).
then on a good old fashion campfire cook the steaks to your liking on a grill.
the taste will be something you will remember for many years.

puy my mushrooms on top of that and it will be 2x as good!!

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have another one for you - I created it the other day and it was the best steak I ever made. Tasted just like a restaurant would make it. I used beef tenderloin filets, but I suppose it would work just as well with any other steak.

Marinate meat in one part lemon juice and one part soy sauce for at least an hour. Take out of marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Melt butter in a heavy skillet on high heat (might want to open up some windows). Fry filets for about 5 mins. per side. You should have some nice charring on the outside, but med. rare on the inside. Remove filets from pan and put on plate. Reduce heat to medium and pour about 1/3 cup of red wine into the pan scraping up all those wonderful bits of browned beef. Boil until wine is reduced into a saucy consistency. This was incredible!

I was just winging it - didn't use a recipe or measuring tools so I'm just guessing at measurements.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm surrounded by some of the best steakhouses in the world but one of the best steaks I ever had was made in my own home, on a foreman grill. I kid you not.

I was walking home with the wife and kids this past January and I had spent way too many hours in women's clothing stores and as we passed Lobels (www.lobels.com) and I felt the need to put some testosterone back in my damaged system. In I went, aware that this was going to cost me but unaware as to just how much. I picked up a large Strip Steak and some salt and off I went. I got home and salted the meat and tossed it on the grill. No other prep.

I have been to Peter Lugers a half dozen times and Wolfgangs (basically Lugers in Manhattan) maybe 20 times since then and my foreman grilled steak stacks up with the pros.

I was there on Sunday, flush with cash, ready for another round and they were closed. I was devastated.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm not a big fan of steak, though I've had a few good ones.

My favorite meal involving a slab of meat on the plate has to be the rare prime rib at Mother Tuckers in Edmonton, Alberta.
I used to eat there at least once a month for the time I worked in that city.

With the prime rib you also got the endless salad bar and free desert for under $20.00, and with a couple drinks on top of that, you and your date walked out after paying about $60.00.

That was back in the 80's, but it was the best prime rib I've ever had.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Anyone tried my steak/mushrooms yet?

I wanna know what you all think, I might open up a restaraunt with this and my burgers! Oh wait I havent told you about my burgers yet have I?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I probably wouldn't try the recipe. I really prefer a good charred steak. This sounds like it just would come out a pasty brown color after baking for only 15 minutes in liquidy ingredients.

Please do tell us about your burgers though!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
This sounds like it just would come out a pasty brown color after baking for only 15 minutes in liquidy ingredients.

Please do tell us about your burgers though!

I think you missed it. You grill the steak any way you want. The mushrooms, butter & ranch seasoning bake by themselves for 15-20 minutes before pouring them over the steak.

I'm not a mushroom guy personally. But yeah tell us about the burgers.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oops, sorry, my bad. I'm tired today. I seem to be missing a lot.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm not much of a cook. That's what my ladyfriends have to hold my hand with.

The best tasting steak I've ever had was when I was 16 years old. I was at Black Angus with four other friends. This was in the eighties when people were alot more trusting. One of my friends showed the waitress his Visa card and put it back in his pocket. We ordered up the works. I was so stuffed. It was time for us all to go to the bathroom and then leave through the front door.

We all dined and ditched. I was the youngest, but we all laughed our asses off. The taste of a ditched steak is always the best!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ok here are the burgers

For every 1 burger you need 2 thinner than average patties, 2 patties =1 burger.

cook up some bacon, and dice it up.

now you need some ranch dressing, the actual stuff, not powdered mix.

mix the ranch and bacon together to a nice consistancy,kinda thick.

place between the 2 burger patties with a slice of cheese.

grill and yummy!

Any one tried my steak yet?? I would like some feedback!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
I'm not much of a cook. That's what my ladyfriends have to hold my hand with.

The best tasting steak I've ever had was when I was 16 years old. I was at Black Angus with four other friends. This was in the eighties when people were alot more trusting. One of my friends showed the waitress his Visa card and put it back in his pocket. We ordered up the works. I was so stuffed. It was time for us all to go to the bathroom and then leave through the front door.

We all dined and ditched. I was the youngest, but we all laughed our asses off. The taste of a ditched steak is always the best!

Shouldnt steal, I used to own a resturaunt. Its not really that funny!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Get a nice 1" thick porterhouse steak,

Season with garlic powder, onion powder, coarse black pepper and soy sauce, do this on a plate and make sure to do both sides and let it marinade for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.

Preheat your BBQ, and sautee some onions, with 2 tablespoons of real butter, and add some Morel mushrooms, (substitute portobello if necessary)

Grill the steak on high heat for 1 minute each side to sear the meat, then lower the heat and cook to your liking.

Add the baked potato side, and some fresh steamed veggies of your choice, and cover the steak with the sauteed mushrroms & onions.

This is my favorite way to enjoy a steak.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I had a steak in Prague that was amazing. I believe it was a rib eye that they boiled first then took out and cooked. It was covered in a blue cheese and was amazing.

Here in the U.S. I enjoy a filet from Ruth's Chris.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'm surrounded by some of the best steakhouses in the world but one of the best steaks I ever had was made in my own home, on a foreman grill. I kid you not.

I hear you!

I've got Fairway and Citarella right across the street and both have amazing prime aged beef. I marinate it in lemon juice, garlic and pepper then cook it on my calaphon grill pan preheated over a high gas flame and it comes out perfect. Usually much better than I get at a restaurant.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I will try your mushroom mix Red, it sounds pretty good.

A very simple marinade for any meats, fish, or poultry is enough teryaki to cover the bottom of a tupperware, mix in two large spoonfulls of the refrigerated preminced garlic and let it marinade a few hours before flipping and letting it sit again. It is a very simple marinade, but amazing.

Sometimes to mix it up I put a splash of pineapple juice into the marinade.

If you add more teryaki, you can use the marinade outside by the grill, continuing to redip the steaks as you cook and flip them. It builds a nice glaze on the outside.

Burgers: For burgers I use teryaki, splash of ginger, minced garlic, finely chopped onion, black pepper, and italian bread crumbs (to hold it together while cooking)

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
my steak and burgers are not the most healthy stuff out their,but every one need to indulge every once in a while!!

Try them and I know you will love them!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join