It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid warns against rush on gun control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Reid warns against rush on gun control

news.yahoo.com

After the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (news, bio, voting record) cautioned Tuesday against a "rush to judgment" on stricter gun control. A leading House supporter of restrictions on firearms conceded passage of legislation would be difficult.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I send my condolences to the families that lost loved ones yesterday.

In respect to yesterday's shooting rampage, I was also concerned to wake up this morning and hear about gun control issues abound. It is surprising to me that Reid would initially take a stand to insure that people do not irrationally react to the incident that took place.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well that is typically what happens, you know? There's a horrible tragedy like this and people immediately assume that stricter gun laws would have somehow averted it. I come from a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Unfortunately, most laws simplay aren't enforced. In my opinion, this isn't a gun issue it's a mental health issue. Given the situation that he created by herding those kids and chaining the doors there are a lot worse thaings he could have used besides a gun.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I completely understand that ranting about tighter gun control happens right along with these types of events. But what the those that oppose gun rights don't understand (or just simply oblivious about) is the fact that taking guns away from law abiding citizens only strengthen what took place at Virginia Tech.

Abridging our 2nd Amendment Right only harms those that follow the laws and/or take our part in our responsibility. Criminals will always find a way to get a gun/weapon and take advantage of those that cannot protect themselves.

I'm really shocked to hear that people worldwide have taken the stance that the gun issue was to blame in this incident in the first place. Why the hell was it two hours into the ordeal before the others were notified? The police made that call.

new topics

top topics

join