It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Posts on ATS Far Outnumber Posts From The Rest of the World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

USA Posts on ATS Far Outnumber Posts From The Rest of the World?

From the image below, it appears that persons in the USA post on ATS in far greater numbers than from all of the rest of the world by far. Is this true, and if so why? Granted the USA has a large population (around 300 million), but when contrasted against Europe (population 726 million!) the numbers of posts should be FAR greater coming from Europe.

Are US citizens more concerned than the rest of the world? Or is there some other 'truth seeker' site out there that is being used by the rest?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, from what I get, I'd say that Americans are very concerned. It seems to me, it may be a mistaken assumption, but it seems to methat persons from other countries may be a little more confident in the powers that be than many Americans who post here.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
nah, we're just a tad more full of it (and ourselves) than our global counterparts.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Take a look at controlled and censured counries like China, the ATS little dots are almost nonexistent. This make sense in these countries, the leaders control the flow information, media, internet etc. But in free thinking Europe, shoudn't the there be about double the number of ats members and ats posts coming from Europe. this based on the population numbers, 300 milllion for the US, and 726 million for EU.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The possibility exists that since this site is written in ENGLISH that it would be primarily populated with / used by English speaking people.

Take out the the non-English speaking people of Europe and your numbers come in line.

We are considering adding a multi language version of ATS in the future but it's VERY expensive.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The possibility exists that since this site is written in ENGLISH that it would be primarily populated with / used by English speaking people.

Take out the the non-English speaking people of Europe and your numbers come in line.

We are considering adding a multi language version of ATS in the future but it's VERY expensive.

Springer...

In that case what site do the europeans use that has similar content and thinking?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Are US citizens more concerned than the rest of the world?

I think that first I'd like to point out that not everyone who visits ATS is concerned about anything. Many people come here for many different reasons.

So why is it that is it mostly Americans who come to ATS?

I'd say #1 reason is language. ATS is an English speaking site. Europe is not made up of all English speaking countries. The UK has a population of 60 million.
A second factor is access to the internet. In the UK there are 37 million internet users. In the Us there are 205 million. Canada has 21 million users in its population of 33 million.

I hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Are US citizens more concerned than the rest of the world?

We Americans are just fat, lazy and have nothing better to do.

[edit on 17/4/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

We Americans are just fat, lazy and have nothing better to do.

[edit on 17/4/2007 by enjoies05]

Heh maybe! Maybe a lot of people come to ATS for some eye/mind candy as well. But at least these people get exposed to this information...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The majority of ATS members are ... you guessed it ... US residents.

Therefore ... "USA Posts on ATS Far Outnumber Posts From The Rest of the World" would seem quite the likely scenario. no?

If the majority of members in "anything" are "anything", then it would only seem logical that the majority of contributions to "anything" will be by "anything".

Simple logic ... it's in there, somewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Are you saying that EU persons are just as concerned or just as active on another similar website as ATS, perhaps in other languages? If so what are the sites?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would have to agree that it is probally due to the language barrier, I'm sure if there were some threads in other languages, then the dots would rise up around the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here's a summary of 93 countries visiting ATS so far in 2007.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Northern Invasion has kicked into over drive.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, If I lived in Algeria it would be 384......

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
The Northern Invasion has kicked into over drive.

Armies of Beavers are massing at the e-borders, ready to advance.

You have been forewarned

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'd say it's because americans are more concerened about their own government, which seems to be behind many conspiracies, like roswell, jfk, and 9/11. I know if I were a citizen of a different country I wouldn't be as worried that I'm being lied to by my government. Especially when the U.S. government has a history of corruption and lies. Most of the time, when I'm here I'm trying to dig up dirt on the current bush administration, lol.

I'm guessing a big factor could be that the last 5 years or so have increased awareness in americans who want to seek the truth about 9/11. That's my theory anyway

[edit on 17-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here's a summary of 93 countries visiting ATS so far in 2007.

Nice SkepticOverlord, those are some good stats. I assumed that us and uk would be at the top of the list but could not find any numbers to correlate.

Others: The US may seem to be the most corrupt/conspiratorial government, however is this truly the case? After all the UK does have more cameras 'protecting' its' citizens no? Some cameras even speak to the people!

LINK UK CAMERAS

The information we research should be of interest not just to US citizens but to the worlds citizens since decisions here seem to affect all people over the world.

new topics

top topics

join