It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough talk indicates an attack on Iran 'imminent'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Tough talk indicates an attack on Iran 'imminent'

www.thefirstpost.co.uk

Two men on the wrong mission!!

Their tough talk suggests Bush and Blair may be preparing to attack Iran, says robert fox

I hope George Bush and Tony Blair aren't about to do something daft over Iran. There are ominous signs that they are.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have stated in a previous post that i believe an attack is imminent..
Constant reports of bombs coming from Iran and also terrorists being trained there.
Now U.S. are saying more devices from Iran are coming from Afganistan..
With the Nuclear issues mounting and constant defiance from Iran..
The same approach is being used as in the build up to the Iran war..
All we need now is the false flag attack..
read between the lines people!!!

www.thefirstpost.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes i'm sure it is, but we know that don't we? until it happens just leave it alone and concentrate on some less obvious topics(No offence)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lets not jump to conclusions. While you have the right to your own opinion I think we all need to take step back and look at the bigger picture. Iran is trouble. Plain and simple. Diplomacy hasnt worked for the past 28 years whats to say it will work now? I, as an american taxpayer who would be funding such an attack, would support an attack on Iranian nuclear facilitys. This is a nation that hasnt held any punches back on what it thinks of america, Isreal and to a lesser extent europe. They fund terrorist organizations that are hell bent on killing "infidels". They have gone as far to say that Isreal will be wiped off the map. Now does that sound like someone you would want to have with there finger hovering over the nuclear trigger? Some times brute force is needed. I think its time for Iran to step up or shut up. Both are exclusive, so one is bound to happen either way.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
Diplomacy hasnt worked for the past 28 years whats to say it will work now?

Actually, I've seen many calls from Iran for open talks on the issues of both their Nuclear Energy program, and the issues in Iraq. Each time the US Administration has refused to talk.

The US Administrations answer to Irans nuclear program was simply 'no'. They didn't want to talk, they just wanted to tell Iran they aren't allowed.

The US administrations answer to Iran offering to assist in Iraq, and requesting an open dialogue over what it could do to help was answered with a stern "Talks will only occur if you disarm your nuclear program".
This is a verbal paradox, as Iran doesnt have any nuclear arms to disarm, wether they will or not remains to be seen.

It's really the US here who refuses deplomacy. Not Iran.

As for that "we will wipe you off the map" remark, that translation is taken way out of context every time it's used.
Israel actually started that by saying "We will attack your country and destroy your nuclear research programmes"
Iran responded with "and if you do, we will wipe you off the map"

It was Israel who antagonized that phrase out of Iran. Iran didn't just decide one day to state that they wanted to, it was a 'what if' response to Israels aggressive gesture.

This, and many other instances is how the US media is constantly demonizing other countries. The next time your media tells you someone made 'x' remark, demand to know what was said to them to provoke such a response.

And remember, just because they are a foreign country doesn't mean they are radicals. Chances are they are EXACTLY like you and I.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hmm whats this?
Israeli Official States Iran Will Be Hit with Missles In Coming Monthsposted May 21, 2006| 5/21/2006

WASHINGTON: Israel will strike Iran’s nuclear facilities in the next “month or two or three,” an Israeli official has been quoted here as saying.

The unnamed official told Arnaud de Borchgrave, editor-in-chief of the United Press International (UPI), at the recently held national day reception at the Israeli Embassy that he believed Israel would strike Iran first in the next two or three months and that fighter bombers would not be involved as they had been to take out Iraq’s Osirak nuclear reactor before it went critical in 1981. For Osirak, Israel had used 14 F-15s and F-16s. This time, the Israeli said, it would be missiles. Asked if Israel would employ Cruise missiles, he replied, “with a gesture of his hand that went up and down again”, which meant that it would be the weapon of choice.

Asked if tunnel entrances to widely scattered Iranian nuclear facilities would be targeted, he responded that Israel had its own geo-stationary spy-in-the-sky satellite taking constant pictures of Iran with a resolution down to 70 centimetres. “We know far more than anyone realises,” he added.

Oh it is the statement from Israel I posted almost one whole year ago saying they will attack Iran in a month, or two, or three, after they had already been talking about it for several years. So... what makes today an different than before, other than Iran realizing it is better to ignore the repetative bulljive than to respond with bulljive of their own.

[edit on 4/18/2007 by DYepes]

new topics

top topics

join