It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sands UFO/Bigfoot pics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I've never seen or heard about the "Sands" UFO pictures so I thought I'd share it. (If it's old news, then let's just let the thread go silently into the night.
) Apparently the pictures were taken by one Arnie Sands around 1977-79 in Illinois. It shows a UFO on the ground, some bent trees and according to them a Bigfoot? (Perhaps a Wookiee
)

The film maker Shannon Kelly is in possession of the pictures and made the clip(s) (there are more than one if you look at his user profile on YouTube). He goes on and on about the pictures without really saying anything of interest.

My opinion: Reminds me a lot of the Billy Meier pictures...

Video of Pictures:
(It takes a while before the actual pictures are shown. Just be patient.)

Shannon Kelly rambling on about the pictures:
(If you're only going to watch one of the clips, I would suggest this one)

Edit: Formatting

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
First time I have ever heard about this case.

I think it is safe to say that the UFO object in the picture is not fake. It seems to be a genuine object sitting on the ground. What it is, and whether it is terrestrial or extraterrestrial, is the question. To me it resembles the same oval or egg shaped crafts seen in incidents such as the Chicago O'Hare Airport sighting. The common "flying saucer" is describe as being almost flat like a dish. I have always found this strange seeing that you need room to walk around inside the craft. That is why the shape of the craft in these photos seems to make sense, it is still spherical... but much more bulgy and "blimp-ish."

As far as there being an Alien or a Bigfoot in the picture I don't see those images whatsoever. I think they are trying to make figures out of things such as bushes/trees... kind of the same way people think they see faces and all kinds of other things on Mars when it is just geological formations playing tricks on the eyes/mind.

Last but not least, the main thing to me that discredits stories like this is the overall lack of evidence. What became of this "object?" Where did it go? Did it just sit right there for 20 years? Obviously not... so what happened to it and why in the world would this Sands guy not stay right there with his camera until the "craft" moved or left? If I was there I might have been a little frightened but I for sure would have approached the object to investigate. Such a supposed extraordinary event, yet the same scenario as usual with UFO sightings... barely any evidence at all. Only 2 measly grainy photos taken from a distance.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sorry, but there is no doubt in my mind that this thing is inflatable – you can even see a rope attached to it to tether it to the ground. Really does look fake, and it’s the “portholes” that give it away. HOAX.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Can I sue to get back the 10 minutes of my life spent watching this drivel? I know the film says "based on the experiences of"... but sheesh! It sounds like a piece of very bad fanfic!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The craft looks familiar, though only based on one multi-abduction abduction report. The Kelly Cahill case in Victoria, Australia, 1993.
Three people )Cahill case), independently made hand drwn sketches of a craft looking similar to the two pics in the above videos.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Funny that this flying saucer looks just like other UFO Houses across the US...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Cant they just show the photos without all the crappy music and drama?
I loved seeing 14 different shots of a jeep before and after, nice touch!

Overall I would say complete crap.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Neat pics sensfan, the people making'm must have seen the original two from the /70s before doing their little creation maybe. Any source info you can provide on your 'external images'? Just to be sure I'd like to know
this Shannon Kelly's straight on his presentations.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My first thought to was house but look at 7:00 to 7:35 in the middle and slightly to the right. What do you see?

[edit on 17-4-2007 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could you simply tell us what you're seeing? To me it looks like the "creatures" are as tall at the craft. Must be very cramped.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by carewemust]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP.
But omg..i wanted to pull my eyes out with some needlenose pliers after around 1 minute of the first video...this person needs to stay away from video editing...
lol
As far as the "ufo" there isn't enough data to say. However, It looks very familiar. I seem to remember a pic I saw a long time ago of a little road-side eatery stand that looked just like that..but who knows.

top topics

join