It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Engineering Dept. at VA Tech: Something's Definitely Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What we know so far

A gunman entered West AMBER Johnson Hall, a dormitory, at 7:15 am. There, he shot and killed two people: a woman with whom he seemed to have some relationship, and the (male) RA.

Approximately two hours later, the gunman entered Norris Hall, described as an engineering building, and proceeded to murder 30 more, finally turning the gun on himself.

What is Suspicious

That he entered the dorm at 7:15 am. Was he aware that campus security disables the swipe your card thingy at 7 am? If so, how? What's his relationship to the college?

That, although West Ambler is the largest residential hall on campus, housing 895 people, he 'only' killed two of them. If his motive were random craziness, one would assume that he would try to kill as many people as possible, so why 'only' two at that location?

The first reported shootings occurred at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a dormitory that houses 895 students. The dormitory, one of the largest residence halls on the 2,600-acre campus, is located near the drill field and stadium.
CNN- Officials: Gunman dead after bloody campus rampage

That he left West Ambler, crossed campus, and went to Norris Hall. Again, if his motive were random craziness, one would expect the gunman to kill everyone he came into contact with, or to enter other residence halls, or whatever. Why would he walk past so many potential victims in order to target Norris Hall? What's so important about Norris Hall?

Freshman Erin Sheehan told the university newspaper she was in German class at Norris when the gunman peeked in twice "like he was looking for someone" and then started shooting.
CNN- Officials: Gunman dead after bloody campus rampage

That VA Tech has received several bomb threats in the last week, both of which focussed on engineering buildings. Why? What is the Engineering Department at VA Tech up to?

There have been two separate bomb threats in the past two weeks at Virginia Tech that targeted engineering buildings. The first, in early April, was directed at Torgersen Hall, which is an engineering building. The second, at the end of last week, was directed at multiple engineering buildings.
ABC- Two Bomb Threats at Virginia Tech Last Week

What's going on here?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
From what another student said, it wouldn't matter if the card was disabled or not. It's very easy to get into the dorms. He said he's lost his card several times, but just waited until someone left, and walked right in.

As for the time frame, it was reported he was looking for his girlfriend. He knew exactly when and where his target was going to be at, and waited for them.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
yeah it is pretty simple to get in, i came down from Northern Virginia to Blacksburg and stayed this last weekend (leaving at 4 a.m Monday morning right before this happened, thank god). I'm pretty sure that no out of the ordinary "projects" are being conducted in the engineering department, due to the fact that i know people in the engineering program at V tech. I'm not saying im positive i just don't think that's the reason for the shooting. I am surprised and still questioning the fact that a shooting happened in the dorms and the shooter still got onto the main campus?!? i don't know about the cops in Blacksburg, but over here at George Mason, that wouldn't have happened. 32 people with two semi-automatic handguns? this kid must have been one hell of an aim.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I agree that something seems terribly off about all the reporting (and the incident itself, and how it was handled by school staff and police), but we can't forget the fact, in looking into stuff like this, that the media, quite frankly, sucks these days.

News outlets, TV, papers, wherever they may be, people just don't practice good and responsible journalism anymore. they'll pick up a story and run with it without pausing for more than a second to check their source or the veracity of their information (see: the 12 dead, 1 alive coal mine incident from a few years back, which incidentally, happened in West Va.), they just seem to want to entertain by bringing everyone the most 'up to date' story, whether or not it's remotely correct.

So although I agree that it seems like we're trying to be told 2+2=18 all over the place with this story, we can't overlook that it might just be a product of atrocious journalism which is rampant all over the media these days.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory
I'm pretty sure that no out of the ordinary "projects" are being conducted in the engineering department, due to the fact that i know people in the engineering program at V tech. I'm not saying im positive i just don't think that's the reason for the shooting. I am surprised and still questioning the fact that a shooting happened in the dorms and the shooter still got onto the main campus?!?

I'm wondering here if there were targets he was supposed to eliminate? People close to him were left unharmed, his roommate, his teachers...?

I see this as the work of a team...a conspiracy. If so, what's the purpose?

I hope the police check the emails of the dead professors (2, I think), there may have been threats, or the professors may have "declined the wrong invitation".

The fact that the shooter was able to wander around the campus and kill 2 hours later makes me think about how it looks when law enforcement is instructed to "stand down". I was watching the "breaking news" and I kept saying, "hey, somebody's in there shooting and all the cops are just standing around outside"! What's up with that?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I see where he purchased 2 guns, stayed at a hotel (Mainstay Suites) and rented a car...

My question are: where did he get the money for these activities? Who did he meet in the hotel? Did he have a job? Doing What? What of his family, where have they gone?

Interviews with chatty students and grieving parents do not help me understand who this guy really was. It seems that he was more than one person with different personalities...???

The MSM new coverage is quite lacking, and the law enforcement authorities seem to be withholding info.

Just my opinion.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by CSIfan]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

By Hottie

That VA Tech has received several bomb threats in the last week, both of which focussed on engineering buildings. Why? What is the Engineering Department at VA Tech up to?

Thats a good post. Why stop at 2 in the first building? Why target the engineering department? The only reasonable theory I've heard is that maybe he was failing or doing poorly in engineering classes during his first couple years there and had to change his major to english. Dunno. I also heard he told his parents he was a business major.

There is also a question about a bomb threat note found near his body afterward.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My Lord. Really....
Some guy goes postal, for whatever reason his twisted brain was cooking
up, and now we have people theorizing that he had a vendetta against
the engineering dept.

It's already been proven that in '95 he was diagnosed as mentally unstable
and a danger to himself.

Va. law didn't allow him to be institutionalized, as he was deemed no immenent danger to others.

So, he freaks out and does something unspeakable.
And ya'll want to try and find some covert conspiracy.

About what ?
Please expound on your theories.

While you're at it, mourn with those of us who care about life, and the
needless loss of it.

This was a tragedy.
Not a conspiracy.

My 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I also heard he told his parents he was a business major.

Do you have a link?

Originally posted by Lexion
While you're at it, mourn with those of us who care about life, and the
needless loss of it.

This was a tragedy.
Not a conspiracy.

Hello! This is not a "mourning board"...this is a Conspiracy Website!
Could you be confused...why are you here?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by CSIfan]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm not looking for a conspiracy.

I just can't figure out why he went to the engineering department building, instead of his english department.

Surely there is some reason he did that, eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
He lived on campus a short distance to all hit buildings.

So far the media has avoided any thing of value.
Like did he know the professor and academic standing.

Two guy that knew him, of his stalking two girls, said he had no girlfriend.
So who is he shooting in a another dorm.

An English teacher didn't like his stories. Yeah like who cares.
The biggest money makers are horror stories, just tell the kid
he gets an F if writes horror. No he get drugged up for being abnormal.

Some think its Black OPs due to the chained doors that indicate help
and the mail to NBC. Then they told him to hit the professor.

No one noticed guns and chains on the guy or a black van or
guys dress in black. Guess no one is observant.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

and a danger to himself.

Va. law didn't allow him to be institutionalized, as he was deemed no immenent danger to others.

Is there a big step from suicidal to homicidal?

His stories showed lack of human concern, but just what backup
made him suicidal when he blames others and not himself.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I just can't figure out why he went to the engineering department building, instead of his english department.

Maybe his "targets" were there...

Here is a quote from an letter...

Requester obtained the information from and after December 12, 2006 from the said web page. It is understood and acknowledged that said information has been disseminated so as to provide a status of an ongoing investigation, and that said investigation is seriously imperiled by the incorporation of information that requires, at a minimum, the corrections set forth and requested hereunder.

www.ocio.os.doc.gov...

The murdered professor, Librescu, was affiliated with a woman named Judy Woods (beam technology) who is then affiliated with a large group of professionals who are refuting the "official 911 story". In this letter, corrections to "the official story" are offered...This woman Judy Woods attended VTech.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by CSIfan]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

“NIST found no corroborating evidence for alternative hypotheses suggesting that the WTC towers were brought down by controlled demolition using explosives planted prior to September 11, 2001.” (Bold emphasis added)

Did some one quickly wire WTC 7 or pre wired as found on some web page.
Who do they expect to come up and tell them what happened.
I don't think any other conclusions will ever be made.

I just wonder what would happen if it was deemed suspicious.
So much happens in New York anyway but of course 911 was big time.

Would any action be taken on something that was case closed.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

and a danger to himself.

Is there a big step from suicidal to homicidal?

His stories showed lack of human concern, but just what backup
made him suicidal when he blames others and not himself.

in some people there isn't a big step to go from suicidal to homicidal. especially if they have anti social personality disorder.

those with aspd have no empathy, or no conscience. which results in not caring about the consequences of one's actions. people with this disorder are usually unsuccessful in life and many go on to commit suicide, or criminal acts against others.

i haven't read anything that said cho had aspd, so i'm not relating this to the story, but instead i'm stating that in general, it isn't hard to see someone go from suicidal to homicidal.

also notable is that people with this disorder tend to blame others (parents, society, etc.) rather than take responsibilities for their own actions.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Style]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If the police were really told to stand down, that would be very suspicious, the only time that normally happens is if it was a hostage situation.

Even if it was a hostage situations, the police would try to corner and stop the gunmen from accesing other areas, the police would clear, secure or lockdown the area around of all civilians so that gunmen cannot aquire any more hostages.

Is this case similar to 9/11 where the pilots were told to stand down? The people on the top are either extremely incompetent, or they are involved in some way.

More examples can be seen with Katrina where it took 3 days to get supplies in.

Something is very wrong, why are so many departments becoming incompetent or told to delay their actions? FEMA, the United States Air Force and the Police, what next?

I think one should be careful as there maybe a hidden agenda going on, maybe a NWO plot. A plot to destroy freedom and security in order for the government to gain more control over it's citizens.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The police's actions are pretty suspicious. I mean, you've got a guy inside a building audibly popping off rounds nonstop (that cell phone video sounded more like an automatic weapon than a pair of piddly handguns to me, but I'm by no means an expert), and the police are all just standing around outside? even in a hostage situation, once the guy starts killing his hostages, don't they usually storm the building and take him down before he can kill them all? it seems odd that they would wait outside while they know he's shooting people.

but because the news situation surrounding this is so messed up, it's hard to know exactly what went down and in what order it happened, even outside the buildings. until we get some more eye-witnesses agreeing on what was happening outside the buildings and when, speculation is kind of difficult.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker

until we get some more eye-witnesses agreeing on what was happening outside the buildings and when, speculation is kind of difficult.

Thank you.

Lex

Edit to repair quote.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

in some people there isn't a big step to go from suicidal to homicidal. especially if they have anti social personality disorder.

those with aspd have no empathy, or no conscience. which results in not caring about the consequences of one's actions. people with this disorder are usually unsuccessful in life and many go on to commit suicide, or criminal acts against others.

i haven't read anything that said cho had aspd, so i'm not relating this to the story, but instead i'm stating that in general, it isn't hard to see someone go from suicidal to homicidal.

also notable is that people with this disorder tend to blame others (parents, society, etc.) rather than take responsibilities for their own actions.

Blame others, yes he did have people to blame but the poor guy just
didn't know how go about getting his way. He should have launched a
protest to the dean.

Here is what I heard and saw on a TV discussion:

The girls in the English class refused to attend class because of his stories.

What does that tell you. He was a genus at horror stories.

And his family should launch a bunch of law suits on those involved
in sending thus guy on a drug program.

Tough nuts, you don't go to class you drop the class or get an F.

Imagine, he would be the only one in class, what did the male student
think of his writing.

Sounds like peer pressure from the female side.

Still I doubt he even knew what was going on, he didn't explain what
went down very well.

Social disorder or a provocation miscued into hate and distruction.

[edit on 4/21/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The police's actions are pretty suspicious. I mean, you've got a guy inside a building audibly popping off rounds nonstop (that cell phone video sounded more like an automatic weapon than a pair of piddly handguns to me, but I'm by no means an expert), and the police are all just standing around outside? even in a hostage situation, once the guy starts killing his hostages, don't they usually storm the building and take him down before he can kill them all? it seems odd that they would wait outside while they know he's shooting people.

but because the news situation surrounding this is so messed up, it's hard to know exactly what went down and in what order it happened, even outside the buildings. until we get some more eye-witnesses agreeing on what was happening outside the buildings and when, speculation is kind of difficult.

Somehow I feel the best way to handle these situations is to get in there
right away.

Yet who is going to do that.

They seem to go in after the last shot all the time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join