It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are pringles drugged? Food for thought...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I stopped eating Pringles years ago, actually it was the last time I looked at the back of the container. Olestra was the oil used and for the Olestra there was a warning. The warning was as follows..."WARNING- This Product Contains Olestra, It May Cause Anal Leakage"...Nut's to that...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Drugged? I don't think so.

I think it's another excuse that people with no self control make for their eating habits. McDonalds doesn't force you to eat there everyday, and foods aren't drugged to make you eat them.

People should take responsibility for their lack of self control when it comes to the amount and things they eat.

[edit on 16/4/2007 by enjoies05]

BINGO! Lets blame everyone else but our selves. I eat Pringles ever now and then and have never felt any type of withdrawl afterwards. The only after effect I have had is the sudden urge to jog because I ate such crap.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I had an 'addiction' to Doritos for awhile and often though they might be 'drugged'. But in the end (after I kicked the habit) I think it was my own lack of self control or really it was my own non-caring attitude to what it was I was eating. I just plain like them and didn't think much of it until the doctor told me what my chloresterol was.

That was pretty much all it took and why I don't think they are drugged.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I was just reading the thread about the girl addicted to lipbalm who went cold turkey. I have wondered this before but could food manufacturers be putting some kind of drug in foods to make people keep buying them?

One that stands out is Pringles.. they really are addictive and the Glaxo-Smithkline logo/name appears on the tube. They are a massive pharmaceutical company. Why are they linked to Pringles? Just a distributor or is there more to it?

Just a bit of further info regarding Pringles..Hack with a Pringles Tin!

Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, those can hacks are fun...Did you know you can amplify them. Yes, you can!
Take one pointed, add in a relay antenna, and aim. Pop the Pringles!

[edit on 4/16/2007 by bothered]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to believe there is something in them that makes them taste so good you can't put them down. Something that probably has health consequences that really shouldn't be in there but for taste they sacrifice peoples health for the almighty dollar.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I dont know where the correlation would be, but I think that Cold Stone Creamery is drugged with something addictive.

Not only because I cant stop eating their Cake Batter ice cream, but whenever you walk out of the store, they have that sign that says "See you tomorrow". Like they know youre going to be coming back.

Maybe it is something submininal, but everytime I go there, the line is out the door.

On the pringles note, "once you pop, you cant stop" seems to be a very ironic slogan given the topic of this thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I stopped eating Pringles years ago, actually it was the last time I looked at the back of the container. Olestra was the oil used and for the Olestra there was a warning. The warning was as follows..."WARNING- This Product Contains Olestra, It May Cause Anal Leakage"...Nut's to that...

an experience withpringles

I saw this thread and i immediately thought of this. Im not sure if they put something in those things to make them addictive, but that Olestra/Olean is some nasty stuff.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by EricFM]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricFM

an experience withpringles

[edit on 16-4-2007 by EricFM]

Oh man...I will never eat pringles again

Seriously, I guess that is why it is called junk food. He should have gotten a colon cleanser.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Your secret chemical ingredient is SUGAR (corn syrup etc...). Not so secret is it? Sugar is very psychologically addictive.

McDonald's and other fast food/snack manufacturers add lots of sugar to their 'product' for that very reason.

Hamburgers and French fries could be as addictive as heroin, scientists have claimed.
They found that rats fed a diet containing 25% sugar are thrown into a state of anxiety when the sugar is removed.

Source

(btw why do rats have to suffer for our stupidity?)

New and potentially explosive findings on the biological effects of fast food suggest that eating yourself into obesity isn't simply down to a lack of self-control. Some scientists are starting to believe that bingeing on foods that are excessively high in fat and sugar can cause changes to your brain and body that make it hard to say no. A few even believe that the foods can trigger changes that are similar to full-blown addiction.

Source

www.webspawner.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, what kind of drugs do they make? Maybe its not a drug inserted in the chips. Maybe its something else. A germ. or a virus. that will make you require, later on in life possibly, their drugs. who knows. the title said food for thought. I myself am not addicted to them. although i can eat alot of em. Like someone else just posted, lots of flavor. not alot of fill.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would also add indian food and coca cola to that list.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i use to eat pringles until i started realizing that they tasted exactly the way dogfood smells. someone even told me my breath smelled like dog food after i ate them. havent eaten them since. as far as them being drugged...i wouldnt put it past em. we all know anything is possible these days. i tend to think about these things everytime i eat something. have you guys heard about the corn that is going around??

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Once you pop you just can't stop they tell no lies they do no wrong lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Of all the chips out there, pringles are the last ones I would choose. Why? They are just fried mashed potatoes that are overly processed. i NEVER liked the taste of them, so if they are full of "eat me" drugs, I guess I am immune.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think Pringles are that addictive, they are just easier to eat.

They stack nicely and I remember eating quite a few at once because they are so thin. Plus they seem more salty than regular chips.

Peanut M&M's are a whole different story for myself. Lol

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's not an unheard of occurence.

Coca-Cola used to put coc aine in Coke.

Peace

But thats because coca cola used to be a medicine tincture, not a mass produced soda drink.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Update from Canada. I bought a tin of pringles and the manufacturer is listed as "Made in USA by Proctor and Gamble". Damn don't they make soap, toothpaste, shampoo and deodorant and household cleaning products?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I wouldn't say drugged but so many processed foods contain additives that are addictive. MSG for instance, which is in basically every processed food under many different names, such as....

These always contain MSG

Monosodium Glutamate
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed Protein
Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
Plant Protein Extract
Sodium Caseinate
Calcium Caseinate
Yeast Extract
Textured Protein (Including TVP)
Autolyzed Yeast
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
Corn Oil

Frequently contain MSG

Malt Extract
Malt Flavoring
Bouillon
Broth
Stock
Flavoring
Natural Flavors/Flavoring
Natural Beef Or Chicken Flavoring
Seasoning
Spices

Gluck finding food without that. Glutamate is a neurotransmitter in the brain. Monosodium Glutamate is thought to rapidly be released into the blood stream when it is consumed in a processed form. Tomatoes have high glutamate but it is bond to a protein which has to be process by the liver so the release is slower. The huge spike in glutamate is thought to cause damage to parts of the brain with a weakened blood brain barrier, mainly areas around the hypothalamus. Glutamate can be an excitoxin, it can over activate areas of the brain and cause an increase in intracelluar Ca+2 which damages the brain cell. Who knew brain damage could feel so good?

Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransimitter so that by it self would make someone want to consume it. The damage caused to areas unprotected by the blood brain barrier are thought to increase hunger. The blood brain barrier isn't fully developed in children so they are the most vulnerable to MSG containing products. MSG is also given to rats to fatten them up when needed for a test. MSG has also shown to cause brain lesions in rats, and it might contribute to Alzheimer's disease. Of course, there's arguements on both sides of the fence on its effects. Aspartame also works in a similar sense. Research and make up your own mind I guess.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I hate Pringles.

No, not ate...... hate.

I am safe.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i have eaten some about half a dozen times in my life and on each and every single occasion i got an extremely bad pain in my upper chest shortly afterwards. i won't touch them again because theres something very nasty in them thats very bad for you.

remember folks, it wasn't too long ago that 2 new zealand schoolgirls proved that yet another big 'food and drug' companies' (glaxosmithkline) claims were all lies regarding vitamin c in ribena so you cant always trust what a company puts on the label of the product. perhaps these schoolkids could analyze pringles to see what exactly is in the ingredients list

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join