It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create "hyper-virulent" form of tuberculosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
"A virulent form of tuberculosis was created in the laboratory by experts trying to alter its genetic structure. The mutant form of the bug multiplied more quickly, and was more lethal than its natural counterpart. Researchers from the University of California at Berkeley, US, had actually been trying to disable genes and make the bacterium less deadly. 'This is one of the very few hyper-virulent organisms ever created,' said scientist Dr Lisa Morici... They disabled [certain] genes, and expected to find a weakened form of TB as a result. Instead, the organism grew in virulence. It killed laboratory mice within seven months of exposure, while those infected with normal TB survived the experiment."

well..i wasnt sure if i should post it here..or in the weaponry forum...this.. to me is scary..but i guess i should of known they make viruses more deadly and effective than they already are...Aids.. to me seems to be more and more like a man made virus[man enhanced atleast] being used or tested on the public.I am not saying that that is what i believe 100%..but i really think the possibility of it is fairly good.In my current location..a few months ago..the government was doing tests using planes that dropped a "harmless" powder from a small plane over my city ..then proceeded to track the powder to see how fast and how thorough it was dispersed through out the area...scary..they have the viruses..now they have done tests..now all they have to do is want to use it and its all over for most of us. All they have to do is either blame it on "al queda" or say it was natural or of unknown causes..that is probably how they would take care of any community of people who step out of line and challange the government.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by McGotti]

join