It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Talks to Asharq Al-Awsat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Bill Clinton Talks to Asharq Al-Awsat

aawsat.com

New York, Asharq Al-Awsat- Former US President Bill Clinton talks to Asharq Al-Awsat about the current state of affairs in the Middle East, the Bush administration and Hillary's chances in the next US presidential elections.

The Following is the full test of the interview:

Q: Iraq! We both agree that we should not have gone there, however, how do you see us going out without hurting people who helped us and causing a total destruction in the region?

A: I don’t have an answer for it…. There will always be consequences to whatever decision we take. There is no guarantee… I don’t know any painless alternatives… If we stay in Iraq – there are bad consequences, if we leave in a hurry there are consequences too! Really, there are no good alternatives.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
An interesting interview where the former President discusses Iraq, Afghanistan, Middle East Peace process, global warming, Hillary's campaign and other issues.

I found this quote unnerving:
Because our troops are stretched too thin we have to pray… that if there is another war - we should be able to respond with Air Force and Navy alone. We should just pray… this shows weakness, especially coming from a former President, the enemy will only be emboldened by remarks like this.

He also claims that if Iran wasn't stirring the pot an Israel/Syria peace solution could be made in 35 minutes!!!

aawsat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join