It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: dead man walking?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am sure it is already being discussed on its own thread but just for the sake of this discussion I think it is worth mentioning.

Source of story-CNN

Obama placed under Secret Service protection:
(CNN) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, a U.S. senator from Illinois, has been placed under the protection of the Secret Service, the agency said Thursday.

The government is not aware of any specific, credible threat against Obama, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the decision. But his office has received hate mail and calls and other "threatening materials" in the past and during his campaign, the source said.

Three Obama campaign officials who discussed the issue on condition of anonymity also said there was no specific threat against the candidate.

They said the request stemmed from what one called the "cumulative effect" of a heavier campaign schedule, larger crowds and "just the growing perception internally" it was time to take additional security precautions that are best suited for the Secret Service.

A Department of Homeland Security spokesperson also told CNN there is no known specific or credible threat.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hillary is undr secret service protection also...makes sense they both are high risk candidates. I remember i was trying to find out if candidates ar protected by them or do you have to elected first...I guess I know

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just imagine the fallout if Obama was killed while under the protection of an executive agency while Bush is still in charge. I still believe it would be reasonably difficult to kill him if neither the Secret Service nor any other executive agency wanted him dead, but if it could be pulled off???

And what about the behind the scenes politics of NWO types? I don't even pretend to know how that works. If Obama is connected and gets offed, and another connected guy seems to be responsible, does someone from Obama's side have the right to revenge, or do they just sweep it all under the rug and drop it? Nothing like a gang war at the highest levels of government to make life interesting.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hi Vagabond, after reading new news article concerning funding trouble for security agents, I thought I'd link to this thread of yours here.

See what you think here

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
right conclusion - wrong kennedy. obama will be taken out like bobby was. he`ll surge in the polls eventually winning the california primary on feb 5. it would be a lot easier to blame it on a lone nut rascist before he gains any real power

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
I just want to say that the protection for the President is good, very good.

Nobody gets shot unless they want him to get shot.

If they didn't want Kennedy to get shot, then he wouldn't have gotten shot.

If they didn't want Ford or, dare I say Reagan to have gotten shot, they wouldn't have.

Any attempt will demand cooperation on the part of the secret service.

That's an awful lot of assumptions going on there. The truth is, that if the assailant is willing to trade their life in order to get to their target, then there's only so much the Secret Service, etc.. can do. The fact that someone gets through security measures is in no way proof of complicity.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I should hope not, color of one's skin should make no difference if he is qualified for the job. A sad world we live in.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by martyryahoo
right conclusion - wrong kennedy. obama will be taken out like bobby was. he`ll surge in the polls eventually winning the california primary on feb 5. it would be a lot easier to blame it on a lone nut rascist before he gains any real power

Yesterday, when I heard of his strong showing in Iowa, the first thing that crossed my mind, was:

If that guy was anywhere close to be chosen as Democrat winner or later on, close to became President, he will be taken down by some crack-pot "White Supremacist" (or some other twisted mind).

If it happens, perhaps, this will trigger the chaos & riot that John Titor talked about?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Those guys and gals in the USSS are really good, I have a friend who is a county police officer and when Bush visited my area, the USSS wouldent even let the county police, sheriff's deputies, town/village police, and state troopers anywhere near Bush.

I am convinced that nothing less then an infantry regiment sized group complete with the assigned support weapons is necessary to take the White House; However, as stated the above the USSS dont wargame so we will never know unless God forbid some lunatic actually tries it. There are also US Marines, US Park Police and US Secret Service Uniformed Division officers assigned to the White House as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL

Originally posted by martyryahoo

Yesterday, when I heard of his strong showing in Iowa, the first thing that crossed my mind, was:

If that guy was anywhere close to be chosen as Democrat winner or later on, close to became President, he will be taken down by some crack-pot "White Supremacist" (or some other twisted mind).

If it happens, perhaps, this will trigger the chaos & riot that John Titor talked about?

I thought the same thing when I heard how well he did. Only I don't think it would be a crackpot.

Obama might actually bring about some real change in the US that isn't all that welcome by some with a lot of power and wealth to protect. Martin Luther King Jr. didn't run into lethal opposition until he started talking about economic equality for African Americans in the US.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I thought your theory was going to be because he stood for change. So I was thinking, give me a break, he is the same as the rest of them. Then I read it.... and yes, it does make sense. To kill him would secure it for Hillary if done at the right time. It would be easy to pin on some racist nut job as well.

I guess it all depends on how badly the Clinton's want it. If they are all answering to the same people, it may not matter which one wins.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by what-lies-beneith

What "Change" do you think that Obama would bring about? Other than being the first African American in office, what real change would he bring? None of his policies seem very radical from what I have seen.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
So I was thinking when I heard the news from Iowa:

Edwards' chances aren't all that spectacular anymore. What Obama did in Iowa hurts him more than it hurts Clinton. Clinton can hold out till giga tues, but Edwards needed a good run in the early states.

If he really wants to hold executive office, he needs to make a deal with Obama now, before Obama gets any stronger- he throws his support behind Obama before NH in return for the VP spot.

Then the conspiracy lightbulb came on: there is now somebody out there with more motive than Clinton to kill Obama. Who gets blamed? The most powerful person around: Clinton. Who gains the most: the guy who REALLY needs the early primaries and can't get them on his own... and if he were to cut a deal before it happened- WOW. He'd inherit a big following, plus a big sympathy vote.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I
i hate to go off topic. but didn't Obama goto a Madrasa ? If he did, that would loose alot of votes for office.

Check out Madrasa on Wikipedia. Madrasa means school, secular or of any religion. I assume most of us have gone to one.

There have been some real hack jobs done on Barack Obama intended to smear him and claim he is a Muslim instead of the Christian that he is. We all know that it's a reality that the US would not elect a Muslim as president. At the same time, any reference to him being one, even by implication, simply serves to perpetuate the negative political hack job that some people continue to perpetrate.

Listen to some of his earlier speeches, even before he was running for president. Hillary may call him inexperienced, but IMO, he is absolutely whip-smart, Bill Clinton smart, and is absolutely chock full of common sense. I also strongly believe he is a good person with an intent to actually serve the nation. If you're worried about his experience, listen to what he has to say and check out his website and platform (under "issues"). "Inexperience" was the word they used to attack Kennedy as well.

I have to say that while I consider it quite possible that either they take him and his ideas out politically through a media stunt, a la Howard Dean, or he gets assasinated. If he actually wins and is not assasinated, I believe he is our best chance to get our country back as a nation "by the people, for the people".

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Vagabond,
Don't underestimate the long dead list of those that came into conflict with the Clintons www.abovetopsecret.com...
HC campaign strategy:

Step 1 Use the word "change" since it worked in Iowa for Edwards

Step 2 Attack leader -Threaten him that you have dirt on him (Like they are doing Hukkabee)

Step 3 Really attack leader attempt character assasination (expect some shocking bad news of Obama being a womanizing crack smoker..)

Evaluate NH and Nev if Obama still leads make him disappear... use "accident" scenario if possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

What "Change" do you think that Obama would bring about? Other than being the first African American in office, what real change would he bring? None of his policies seem very radical from what I have seen.

Change if he actually delivers on his promises about healthcare, the war, and the environment. Bill and Hillary made the same promises on healthcare then got bought off by the industry and left even more people without insurance after eight years. Hillary won't say she'll end the war because the petroleum industry loves the high prices it's causing due to world tensions. If Obama carries through on that promise he'll be bringing about a lot of change. Protecting the environment also means hitting the oil industry in the pocketbook. There's a lot of Obamas platform that could make him a target for the right-wing moneygrubbers. If he backs off on his promises then there's going to be a lot of people on the center-left that will want his head.

It's all relative anyway, it almost impossible to find a viable candidate that hasn't sold his/her soul to one degree or another for financial and political support.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by what-lies-beneith]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by what-lies-beneith]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Exactly

I don't think that the President decide anything that has not been cooked up in lobbyist board room before.

The big money, the real real big money lobby is pulling the string behind, those are wealthy people who don't want to be in front on the camera, they are happy staying behind but imposing their agenda.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Initiating event: In an upset reminiscent of the beginning of the end for Dean, Barrack Obama comes in first at the Iowa caucus, Hillary comes in third.

Wow! Looks like true prescience to me! How could you possibly have guessed this in April of last year, nine months ago?

Please level -- did you use your special powers as a Forum Moderator to edit your OP, without leaving a trace? Or has the first part of your prediction actually been fulfilled?

If this is a legitimate prediction, I will definitely be checking back on February 5th, 2008 to see how the rest of this story unfolds.

Uncanny! Excellent work!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The big money, the real real big money lobby is pulling the string behind, those are wealthy people who don't want to be in front on the camera, they are happy staying behind but imposing their agenda.

For a country founded on revolution Americans have gotten pretty damn complacent. A couple of hundred years ago tyrants like this were not tolerated.

Whatever happened to no taxation without representation. The last time I checked Bush rigged the 2000 election for President and few Congressmen get a seat without the Ok of the of the big money power brokers. Big business uses public funds pretty much as they will, with a couple of huge examples being Halliburton and Big Oil, which despite record profits in the $100s of billions still gets subsidies for exploration.

So much for the Spirit of 76.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by what-lies-beneith]

[edit on 6-1-2008 by what-lies-beneith]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Such discussion however would be quite welcome in any of these fine threads.
Is Obama a closet-hawk
Is Obama a hollywood fad
Why do Obama's clothes smell so bad
Did Obama go to a Madrassa
Is Obama a Muslim
And if he can't be a Muslim, can't we at least paint his church as somekind of black power cult?
Osama for Obama?
If you catch an Obama, he has to grant you 3 wishes
Obama has more money that Forrest Gump

Now that it's January 7th 2008, this thread seems very prophetic. The above topics have appeared on a number of threads, and Hillary Clinton has come in behind Obama in Iowa and probably will in New Hampshire. Now the question is will the rest of the scenario take place?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join