It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddest robot thing I have ever seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This thing looks like a giant mechanical ant thing...I doubt it would be very useful and it is very loud and slow but interesting to see. I'm guessing maybe an experiment for use on exploring other planetary bodies such as Mars.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It is a modern day lumberjack.

It is used in one of the Northern European nations.

It has less of an environmental impact, because it's weight is distributed
to it's several legs, it does not damage the undergrowth.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This is a logger that causes much less damage to the environment due to the fact that it walks and doesn't roll over delicate undergrowth.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
wow, I never would have guessed it to be used for that pupose. Pretting neat and a good idea. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yeah, it's had a few upgrades since that model, it's much quicker and more agile than that now. But they do use them in forrestry. The reason being that they don't have to dig roads through the forrest to get at the trees, they can just climb over it all.

Speaking of robotics, we finally got the new arms installed.

They're pretty freaking fast, not to mention much more powerful than the old scorbots we had.

Bye the way, I was responsible for the destruction of the last scorbot. It collided with another arm that 'should' have been disengaged at the time. Full speed, maximum torque, big bang, lots of pieces. Fun times.

new topics

top topics

join