It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a woman joining the masons....??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
ah she lied and said she was unatractive > : (

Maybe I would be interested in hooking up! Get you into EOS

Well yeah but Sandra Bullock has a big nose and Julia Robers has big lips so put the 2 together and maybe she IS ugly...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Agreed Corsig, at the end of the day really, you need to do what is best for you..

Google co-Masonry and find a lodge near you.. and enjoy being a Mason.
It is more popular in different areas, maybe its popular in your area, who knows. Maybe you could help make it more popular by bringing awareness to the community.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

ah she lied and said she was unatractive > : (

Maybe I would be interested in hooking up! Get you into EOS

Well yeah but Sandra Bullock has a big nose and Julia Robers has big lips so put the 2 together and maybe she IS ugly...

Maybe. But if she has the body of either....

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Could you imagine the gossip if Kitty joined the Eastern Star. I would pay a kings ransom to be a fly on the wall.

Twenty 80 year olds and 1 hot less than 80 year old

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah Kitty, please come here to LI and join the Eastern Star.
I will totally become a patron (I was thinking about doing that anyway.)

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
ok guys, i've been off for a couple days and i'm just catching up on the posts..and you guys are cracking me up!!

an NO.. i will not post a picture.. thats the last thing i need.. (well, one of the last things..)

and being the young'n at OES does sound interesting.. i could stir up lots of fun there..i would def push for some co-mingling...

anyway..back to the subject.. i believe the closest co-masonic lodge is in NY, near the city, so yes, if i joined, i would have to travel. but from what i know so far - i feel the travel would be worth it..

i have saved the sites a few of you have suggested for me, and i plan on checking them out for some more info.
i appreciate your help..

are there other girls on here.. ? ('girl' sounds so young..i'm not 13..but definitely not 80 either.... )
ck23

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Then travel kitty! .. I travel 20 miles each way to get to my lodge .. (there is one right behind where I live though, I like the big pretty building
)

As for being a girl and other girls on ATS -- Well (be it good or bad
) you are outnumbered big time by the men. Well, some men, some act like boys

There ARE plenty of women on here, I know plenty.. when you get 200 posts stop in the Chat room will ya? Typically a few females in there! (Long live the Chat Goddess Asala!)

[edit on 4/21/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
200 posts !! i think i'm only at about 20 now... geezz..this is gunna take forever... unless i send 'one word' or 'one question' posts... which i am NOT about to do....

i totally understand traveling to the lodge you like, i would be buying a plane tickets, plus getting picked up by a stranger at the airport, and staying over night at a strangers house..

which isn't bad i guess.. reminds me of one of my roadtrips..

and i know the people i meet will be of good character - unlike my roadtrips.!! - but have been lucky.. but thats another story...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
oh no..i'm only at 13 posts.... !!!! oh brother !!!!

somebody..please.. ask me some questions... 187 of them..... !!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouskitty23
200 posts !! i think i'm only at about 20 now... geezz..this is gunna take forever... unless i send 'one word' or 'one question' posts... which i am NOT about to do....

I just got busted for giving a couple of word reply to a post and was deducted 20 points

ZOINKS!!!

CK where in NY are you? Maybe we can help find you a Co-masonic home

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

I just got busted for giving a couple of word reply to a post and was deducted 20 points

ZOINKS!!!

CK where in NY are you? Maybe we can help find you a Co-masonic home

INFIDEL ! COLABERATOR ! ENABLER !
I am going to turn you in to the Supreme 999th Degree Uber Grand Master and have you shape shifting powers taken away !

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

anyway..back to the subject.. i believe the closest co-masonic lodge is in NY, near the city, so yes, if i joined, i would have to travel. but from what i know so far - i feel the travel would be worth it..

Sweet!
I live not to far from NYC!

I'd be able to show you around, if you like.
Perhaps I could even take you to the Grand Lodge of NY.
I've met the Grand Master of NY, nice guy.
He came to a degree at a lodge near me not too long ago, he gave us all NY Masons pins.
Totally sweet!

At any rate, good luck to you.
If you want, check out my thread (you can link to it from my profile page).

Let me know if you want my help.

-Wu K'ung

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
hey there... the co-masonic lodge i was in contact with is in White Stone, NY.
has anyone heard anything - good or bad about that lodge ?

i am currently down south, so i would have to jet up to lodge every time. i received my application about 6 months ago, but haven't completed it because i wanted to get some more information, and also to get my bills in order before i commit to the travel obligations..

and i have NEVER been to the City.. ! only seen pictures.. so if i get the time to sight see - yes, i would love the company.

(how do i copy part of your posts so you know i am replying to 'you'...? let me research....)..

( anyway..that was to Wu K'ung.. who offered to show me around.. )

ck23

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am also a woman and very interested in Freemasonry. If I was a man, I would surely join it, but this way I wouldn't even think of it. I am respecting it enough to not dare insulting it with such a stupid demand.
And yes, RWPBR is perfectly right : Mason is always a man. Freemasonry is not a public society, nor a friends community, it is certainly much more than this and what is more important it has its own rules and principles which shouldn't be broken. I also agree with what RWPBR says on co-masonry.
But I don't know how come you guys dare to believe that such old concept and tradition are supposed to change today only and only to satisfy your childish wishes.
Finally, I see nothing serious in your declarations, CK23. Your expressions are not revealing any maturity. Your arguments are weak. And believe me, even if you were a man, no Masonic lodge would accept you with such childilsh motivations. You must become a strong individual and a self-sufficient person first, then you will decide which group or society you will join and WHY. For now, all you need is identity and security, and if you are not able to find them in yourself, no Freemasonry can help you

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

(how do i copy part of your posts so you know i am replying to 'you'...? let me research....)..

( anyway..that was to Wu K'ung.. who offered to show me around.. )

ck23

And you want to be a Mason ?! You are not even able to copy/paste !

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Finally, I see nothing serious in your declarations, CK23. Your expressions are not revealing any maturity. Your arguments are weak. And believe me, even if you were a man, no Masonic lodge would accept you with such childilsh motivations.

Lilith S, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, you def make some good points and i will think about what you said. as far as my 'arguments' being weak, it is very difficult to convey such things via email.. and i am here to gather information, not prove myself.

but i do not want to 'cheapen' Freemasony, you make some excellent points that i need to think about more.. ..thank you.
ck23

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Lilith your words are rude, immature and not needed.

Please, take your attitude else where..

This conversation did not include you at all.. someone asked a question and regardless how worthless you think it is or was, we will strive to answer it anyways..

While you see faults in CK23, I would much rather consider her, who is honest, lighthearted and easy going, a friend any second before considering you her equal.

It is people like you who disappoint me on these boards.

And you want to be a Mason ?! You are not even able to copy/paste !

Like I said, someone like CK23 would be welcomed easily into the craft, if she where male. Someone like you we work to avoid.

CK23:

Don't listen to a word this rude person said about you.. trust me, the Masons on this board love ya!

Ps. You will find many self induced, self righteous individuals like lilith on ATS from time to time, the majority of the community is helpful and friendly though..

[edit on 4/23/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Lilith your words are rude, immature and not needed.

Please, take your attitude else where..

This conversation did not include you at all.. someone asked a question and regardless how worthless you think it is or was, we will strive to answer it anyways..

While you see faults in CK23, I would much rather consider her, who is honest, lighthearted and easy going, a friend any second before considering you her equal.

It is people like you who disappoint me on these boards.

I am not rude, I am just realist. She underlined she is a girl many times, she is maybe too young too realize what is it about. Or she might regret her decision later. Secondly, no woman can be a Mason and this is a fact. I think this girl is looking for her identity and it is very human to point her the right place she will find it : not in the Freemasonry, but in herself. I would also like to ask her if she considered the negative aspects of the Freemasonry and the horrible experiences some of its members had. This girl has simply to grow up before joining any society especially one of this type. Why don't you point this to her? Or you are just looking for blind sheeps to follow you ? !!! My words cannot be rude as long as they are reasonable

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Lilith S, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, you def make some good points and i will think about what you said. as far as my 'arguments' being weak, it is very difficult to convey such things via email.. and i am here to gather information, not prove myself.

but i do not want to 'cheapen' Freemasony, you make some excellent points that i need to think about more.. ..thank you.
ck23

I am sorry if I sounded rude. I was just revolted by such declarations, though I must admit, I should have better understanding for people. I don't know if it really helped you, or it is just an irony in your words, but I hope you will get my real message which ratherly appeals on reflexion and introspection than it tends to insult. Reading your posts, I have got an impression that you are simply seeking to belong in order to feel stronger, more secure or more powerful. This is without a doubt your principal motivation. It is true that joining a community could give you the precious feeling of being powerful and protected, but on the other hand, don't forget that you are still risking to lose your independance and your individuality, as well as your liberty to some extent. I just wanted to suggest you to make an effort and try to find out as many information as possible on the groups and societies you are interested in - or, it is not enough to consider only the positive things, there is always a black side we often forget to look into, either. You could read for example, the ex-Freemasons testimonies.. I see there are also those who left the society, some of them even after reaching the 33rd degree... So after all efforts, money and time spent within years, they still prefer to leave than to stay in it. I am wondering, what have these people learned and we don't know yet ?!

p.s. Sorry for my English, I am from Europe

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
woman are not accepted into recognized lodges.
masonry is traditional and does not change just to suit the needs of whiners and complainers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join