It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a woman joining the masons....??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
This is exacly the kind of thread, devoid of any conspiratorial content, that upsets the mods and distracts the boards.

Yet, it seems there is a need for such a forum. I believe there’s been calls for such a forum in the past, but it still hasn’t been met. I’ve read in the “automotive forum” threads that the requirement for a new forum is to make a collection of all threads that would logically fit into this forum and present them to the board. There are at least a hundred threads in the last year alone to make a pretty decent presentation, I believe. However, making such a collection is a little time consuming.

The problem is that now such threads are often moved to BTS general Chit-Chat, making non-conspiratorial Masonic threads much harder to find. Also, I doubt that you, Masonic Light etc. subscribe to the General Chit Chat forum, so unless we post here first, you guys will probably miss it.

Plus such a forum would probably silence some of the CTers that complain that Masons have taken over the forum. (since it would be over in BTS)

EDIT: Current examples:

a woman joining the masons....??
Why are fundamentalist churches against freemasonry?
P.H.A vs. P.H.O
2 simple questions
Masonic Rocks?
Church restates its stand on Freemasonry
Free Masons: Why Men Need Societies Like Free Masonry: An Essay.

[edit on 15/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Multi tasking has been shown to lower IQ, it's manipulative semantics for 80 hour week loads.

Why on earth would you want to join? Have you seen what they do down there?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
On my mother's side of the family, men are masons and women belong to the "Order of the Eastern Star", a masonic group for women. No man is in fact, required for these women to receive the same benefits and perks as the men. For instance, my great aunt never married but when she retired, she was still able to live in a masonic retirement community in her own right. I have always been told that if my brothers and I wanted to get involved though, a member of the family would have to sponsor us by recommending us for membership. I have seen some of the rituals (i.e., funeral service when my grandfather passed away) and have always perceived my family's participation in these groups as a conduit through which to participate in charitable endeavors aned socialize. It saddens me deeply that there are so many people on this website (though not necessarily this thread) who think these people are up to no good. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Anyway, if you find difficulty with this co-lodging (never heard of it myself, but then my family tends to cling to tradition), consider the Order of the Eastern Star.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OK, so I'm back. I said I wouldn't be but here I am.

And it's all CN23s fault

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Yet, it seems there is a need for such a forum.

I think the membership clearly would use such a forum. But I completely understand the leadership's reluctance to dilute the mission of ATS, and if I've learnt anything through freemasonry it is to respect other peoples rules when in their house.

The problem is that now such threads are often moved to BTS general Chit-Chat, making non-conspiratorial Masonic threads much harder to find. Also, I doubt that you, Masonic Light etc. subscribe to the General Chit Chat forum, so unless we post here first, you guys will probably miss it.

Fair point, although that is my bad. I wish I had more time to spend on ATS but life conspires against me...

Plus such a forum would probably silence some of the CTers that complain that Masons have taken over the forum. (since it would be over in BTS)

Agreed, and I think the membership balance, whilst constantly shifting, is better when there is not too many of one viewpoint posting.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This thread = NOT a conspiracy.

At any rate, I'm a firm believer that Masonry is an old boys club.
That being said, it is important to note, that the lodge has been a sanctuary for men from their wives and/or girlfriends for generations.

In this day and age, where everyone is supposed to respect everyone else's feelings (because everyone is just too damn sensitive now a days) and political correctness has run rampant, you can change much of what goes on in the world, just leave Masonry alone.
Please.
Look, I don't intend to offend, but...
if it's not broken, then don't break it!

We gave the ladies the Eastern Star, what more do you want?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The original question was asked with honesty and good intent and deserves an honest and fair answer.

Personally, and as all can see from the Masonic responses here there are no other kind, I feel that every person would benefit from the teaching of masonry.

Because the oaths of free masonry forbid the raising of women regular masonry cannot recognize them as such. There is nothing to prevent co-masonry from existing and if it does teach the same thing as regular free masonry it would be a good thing for the world. The regular Free Masons will not at this point in time be able to recognize them as Masonic brothers.

Not being a member of the Eastern Star I can’t compare their teaching with those of the craft. What I’ve learned so far of co-masonry is that it does bear a very close similarity. Therefore I would recommend that the original poster consider petitioning. As for the investigating process, it’s purpose is to determine that the applicant is of good moral character, free of mercenary motive, and true interest in pursuing the teaching of masonry, not to turn people away.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Look, I'm all for equality...obviously.

But there are times when lines must be drawn.

There are things in life, that are just inherently separate from one another.
It's not bad.

If anything, it's a good thing.

You can't be a boy in an all-girls school.
Right?

You can't be a boy in the Girl Scouts.
Right?

Some things (like chocolate and peanut butter) go together so well, that we're surprised that no one thought of it sooner.
But, some other things (like oil and water) don't mix at all, and that's just life.
Um...is my analogy too stupid?
Hmmmm.....

Well..., at any rate...

Yes, there's many lessons that can be taken from Masonry for the benefit of all people, no doubt.

But, Masonry is for men.
No ifs, ands or buts about it.

[edit on 4/15/2007 by wu kung]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
I think the membership clearly would use such a forum. But I completely understand the leadership's reluctance to dilute the mission of ATS, …

No more than an automotive forum. I’m sure they’ve got something brewing anyway. (seems like SO never sleeps!)

Or like I mention previously, we can put together a list and present it to the administration. We are sure to have enough. (For example the new Survival forum has less than 5 pages of threads, ie less than 250) We could start tagging these threads with "SS non-conspiratorial" to easily find them down the road.

Originally posted by wu kung
Some things (like chocolate and peanut butter) go together so well, that we're surprised that no one thought of it sooner.
But, some other things (like oil and water) don't mix at all, and that's just life.
Um...is my analogy too stupid?

Lol, indeed it’s not the best analogy. Men or women have been known to mix quite well together. In fact if they hadn’t, there wouldn’t be any chocolate and peanut butter to make brilliant analogies with. (although we’d still have oil and water)

EDIT: I've begun tagging some threads with ss non-conspiratorial, will anyone join me in this effort?

I've got 100 such threads already!! Will this be addressed?

[edit on 16/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have gone through the proper channels regarding the less conspiratorial secret society forum. Hopefully something will happen. I’d appreciate if some of you who believe in the need for a BTS: Secret Society forum would voice their opinions in the above thread.

To the OP: sorry for derailing your thread. You can read other comments on your questions in this thread:

Lady Masons

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
A Freemason is a man. If you are not a man you are not a Mason.
I encourage her to seek whatever path she deems important but regardless what her group calls itself if they allow women they are not Masons.

If I buy a tin star call my self a cop am I a policeman ?
If I buy a white coat and a Stethoscope and call my self a doctor am I a doctor ? They may learn the same things I learn and they may have all the trappings but that does not make them the genuine article. I drive over the speed limit, that doesnt make me Mario Andretti

I am not attacking the OP btw. Just stating an opinion. I am not saying the experiance in not valid, meaningful, character building etc. I am just saying it is not Masonry.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by RWPBR]

This is a rare case where I agree with and support RWPBR, except for the "cancer" description. I would further add that I could put on a Roman collar, memorize the Mass and open up some church and call myself a Catholic priest, or afix a steeple to my home get a Bible, and start preaching and call myself "Pastor", but that wouldn't make me one -- and both these instances I've given actually happen.

Same goes for the Masons. I am not a Mason, but have studied the Craft, and aside from the Membership Card, I could pass myself off as one, but that still wouldn't make me a Mason. "To thine own self be true..."

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Zhenyghi]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The "Cancer" comment refers to all irregular clandestine quasi-masonic groups in general not just co-masonry. I meant it to be sarcastic and over the top but I do believe that clandestine masonry is damaging to legitimate Free Masonry. Masonry is not for everyone and if it were it would not be Masonry.

I think some of my Brothers try so hard not to offend and be politicaly correct that they sometimes lose sight of the big picture. This understandable but if we want to see the thing we love thrive and continue we need to defend it from those who seek to change it, dilute it or remake it in to something it is not and never intended to be.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think some of my Brothers try so hard not to offend and be politcly correct that they sometimes lose sight of the big picture.

It is difficult to defend a politically incorrect doctrine.

Sex-restricted positions of any kind are more and more under attack. Religious organizations have and are facing the same issues. The Skull and Bones now includes women.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
While I may be a little off topic, I empathize with RWPBR, Bogus & Irregular groups cause more irreprable harm to the craft thatn anything else. These ignorant groups further the already misleading stereotypes of
Masonry and give fodder to Anti-masons, rather than showing the craft for what it is, A beautiful system of morality, veiled in allegory, and illustrated by symbols

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Sex-restricted positions of any kind are more and more under attack. Religious organizations have and are facing the same issues. The Skull and Bones now includes women.

Political correctness is social terrorism.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Political correctness is social terrorism.

I couldn't agree more- look what happened to Imus.

Also the Bones allowing females into their club is kind of different since they are based on a college campus and have different rules to that they have to oblige by.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You have voted corsig for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Prize, please.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
wow... well, i have to say, some of your responses made me nervous.. i have no desire to be considered a 'cancer'. i am, however, looking for brotherhood/sisterhood - whatever you choose to call it..i want to be part of something 'bigger'.. understand ?

anyway.. you all use alot of acronyms that i don't know yet., sorry if there are things i don't quite understand... i will try to contact some of you outside of this forum if i can..

i remember someone said something like.."women would consider their children, but men just want power".. i've heard the purpose of masonry was to help make good men better, but i didn't think that was by trampling on others just to 'gain power'..his statement sounds like freemasons are just on a quest for power.. ..????

i do want to be accepted, and recognized. i don't want to be shunned, altho i do understand the comment re: the redhat society. that makes sense and i understand what you mean... (sigh)... i wonder if i am looking in the wrong direction. i def want to join something worthwhile, and not a gimicky knockoff...

thank you for all of your replies, i look forward to learning more from you all..
ck23

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouskitty23
..i want to be part of something 'bigger'.. understand ?

I do I do ! That is one of the reasons I became a Mason.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
as far as membership into an organization, be it the Masons or someother group, i would feel better if i were judged on what i could control. my actions towards others, my work ethic, my family life, morals, etc..and if i prove myself, then i am accepted, but i just don't like being judged on something that i had no control over.

i can't help it that i was born a girl. don't exclude me because of it.
look at everything else, and then if i fall short, then ok, i will accept that because you have judged me on my actions, but don't brush me aside and ignore the good i can do and possitive things i can bring just because of my sex.
thanks for letting me get that out..
ck23
also..what is a BTS ?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

Originally posted by rrahim1
a freemason is a man because a women has children in her. She would be questioning the morality of what she does based on her own beilefs and if it was good for the child. That's why women aren't allowed. Men have nothing to live for but power. Thats why Mason's are men.

I am a man and a mason, have two kids and as much power as a truck driver with a mortgage can have. I show up at work on time every day, pleased to have a job to feed my kids. My lifelong goal is to provide my kids with a good enough education in life that they can do better than I have done. I bet if you get to know a few masons you will find that I am not unusual at all.

That means you and I would be apparently low level Masons as, I to work just to pay my bills and care for the ones who depend on me.
Some people are so ignorant I swear.

Anyways, to the OP..

There are co-Masonic lodges out there..

I personally do not recognize co-Masonic lodges, but have nothing against you joining.

If I where to meet you and you tell me your a Mason, I am not going to treat you like a Mason. And I will NOT call you "sister"

Personally, I think you should just join Eastern Star.. you will be recognized by Masons, you can go to the Masonic events, and often there are lodge-Eastern Star group activities and such, be it a dinner or golf or some charity event.

Why not just stick to Eastern Star?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join