It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whaaa's Review of Grindhouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The new double feature of Grindhouse by Q. Tarintinos and Rodriguez was a parody of movies made in the early 70s. Very violent, Gorey, sexual and fun. Very tongue in cheek but relevant never the less to todays society. Nothing really to make you think about but the retro grainy visuals were cool and the women were very cute. Kurt Russel was great. And the car stuff was attention getting.

Sort of the Tarintino, Rodriguez lite. Good solid entertainment.

If you like tarintino, you will go see it and probably like it. I did.

whaaa gives it a solid 3 and one half stars out of five.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Grindhouse wasn't really a parody of 70's grindhouse fare but an homage to it. A parody would be something more along the lines of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist and its upcoming sequel Tongue of Fury.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
Grindhouse wasn't really a parody of 70's grindhouse fare but an homage to it. A parody would be something more along the lines of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist and its upcoming sequel Tongue of Fury.

I stand corrected Preest, you are exactly right.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's a shame the films are getting split up after doing so bad. I really thought this was going to be a hit.

[edit on 4-14-2007 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
films getting split up? what does that mean? will they be showing them in different theatres?

anyways, grindhouse was awesome! most Entertaining movie i have seen in the theatres since Children of Men and before Children of Men i can't even remember what the most entertaining movie i saw was

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I really cannot wait to see this film, I'm really impatient with all this having to wait for movies to come out on the navy bases overseas business :bnghd: But I can already tell this will be one to add to the DVD collection.

Originally posted by biotic
anyways, grindhouse was awesome! most Entertaining movie i have seen in the theatres since Children of Men and before Children of Men i can't even remember what the most entertaining movie i saw was

Are you telling me you didn't see 300 ? (because I can't and won't believe you saw it and didn't like it
)

[edit on 16-4-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
i saw 300 and i dont know why but it just didnt do it for me

dont get me wrong it was a great movie but it just lacked somethings.. it didn't really come together as a whole to me but i can still see why so many people loved the movie

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
i saw 300 and i dont know why but it just didnt do it for me

dont get me wrong it was a great movie but it just lacked somethings.. it didn't really come together as a whole to me but i can still see why so many people loved the movie

Understandable, as much as I adored it I also felt it did lack a lil "somethin" just not quite sure what.
Don't ask me what either, I just watch the movies, I don't make em

I actually did have a great idea for a movie but am attempting to write it in book form so maybe I can come up with something that could possibly become a movie
We shall see.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The new double feature of Grindhouse by Q. Tarintinos and Rodriguez was a parody of movies made in the early 70s. Very violent, Gorey, sexual and fun. Very tongue in cheek but relevant never the less to todays society. Nothing really to make you think about but the retro grainy visuals were cool and the women were very cute. Kurt Russel was great. And the car stuff was attention getting.

Sort of the Tarintino, Rodriguez lite. Good solid entertainment.

If you like tarintino, you will go see it and probably like it. I did.

whaaa gives it a solid 3 and one half stars out of five.

Is he any relation to Quentin Tarantino, LOLZ...

I liked Planet Terror, but Death Proof was entirely too much talking, and uninteresting chicks.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

I liked Planet Terror, but Death Proof was entirely too much talking, and uninteresting chicks.

Thanks for pointing out my mispelling of Sr. Tarantino's name.

Uninteresting chicks? I didn't know there was such a thing.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have one request, Whaaa.

The woman with the gun-leg.

Please, please tell me that was just heavy parody, and not something the directors tried to take seriously.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
P. ok, it was parody but with those two [Tarantino & Rodriguez], who knows.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hmm.

I'll wind up watching it anyway, but I have to say that the fact she can fire that thing without touching it, and the trigger is still there for all to see, will cause me no end of consternation.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Any movie with Rose McGowan in it can't be all bad....vaa-vaa-vaa vooomm!

I haven't actually seen it yet, but people I know who have liked it, not his best, but not his worst, in regards to both directors. ...guess I'll reserve judgement 'til I see it. Assuming I want to pay an outrageous amount of money to the theatre.

new topics

top topics

join