It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

Recently, I have been noticing a very odd occurrence near my bedroom window. I have a bed right below a large window. The window overlooks a planter with some bushes.

Close to every night, I hear a quick patting sound followed by a large rustling of bushes. I figured it was my cat at first, but several nights later, I heard it while my cat was in the room. The cat even noticed it.

After the visits started occurring more often, last night I decided to watch and solve the mystery of what this was. I originally didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary, I just figured it was an opossum or neighbors cat. I really just wanted to get some sleep due to the rustling waking me up so often. So I sat with my window open watching the planter and the area surrounding. Sure enough, I heard the patting sound. I couldn't make out the figure though, and it surely didn't look like a cat.

It was a large black shadow with two very small yellow eyes. It moved very quickly and did not jump or hop to get over the bricks. It simply climbed over them. I would describe it like a centipede climbs over things. It rushed into the bushes and hid quietly. It didn't even move after it was in.

Afterward, I went outside with a broom to get it out of the bushes. I didn't want to get near it so I used the broom to shake the bushes nearby. It didn't even move or make a sound. It was simply gone.

It seems to happen around eleven o'clock, and seems to come at that same time each visit.

I would also like to clarify that I do not see or hear things, and do not have an overactive imagination.

Has anyone seen or heard of something like this?

Also, is there an irc channel I can go to to discuss stuff here on ATS?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Tell someone to stay in your room with you the next night and keep a camera ready. Snap some pics, post them up and it'll be easier for us to help classify it.

And you can use ATS chat to talk with others directly.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Could you explain where you live exactly? It could be a raccoon. Anyway, try setting up a camera.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Perhaps it is one of these beings:
link
link
link

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Depending on where you live, it could be a raccoon or an opossum.

If you live in Europe, perhaps an extraordinarily obese housecat?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
what's the closest physical match to another animal you can think of? i.e, what did it look like?
like the rest of the crew say, it's most likely a raccoon or perhaps if you're british a badger or fox.
the giveaway will most likely be the legs. long legs, it's probably a dog or fox. short legs, a badger. as far as i know, alot of nocturnal creatures have fur between the pads of their feet to enable them to catch prey unawares, or to not be the victim of another nocturnal hunter! even hedgehogs (anyone who's been woken by these guys can sympathise with me here!) walk softly, but the disturbance comes from the loud grunting they produce, and as with most animals, their blatant disregard for man-made objects (i.e, diving headfirst into a dustbin or knocking over plant pots.)

i'm afraid i can't really bring anything new to this discussion, but for a few requests for a bit moe description.

xx

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
hi,

maby you could shine a torch on it and take some pictures for us

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As you should know by now, part two of this thread will adhere to the rules of the ATS pointless thread section.

2) Ye shall create dubious claim as to why a canera or picture can not be forthcoming to back up ye story.

Be nice to be proven wrong for once.

Q

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi there,
wow thats a really a "hair standing" story... plz be brave again and take a vid. or a pic of this thing... weather its a cat, racoon, or puassom (bad @ spelling
)

i have a creepy story too, its irrelevant to this story but for the past 3 weeks @ 3 am my phone rings once! no one is at the end of the line thought!!!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
yeah, if it really concerns you, stake out and get some footage or photos. night encounters can be difficult to document on film due to the obvious low light, but if the visits are regular enough, it's worth borrowing a video camera with night vision from someone (ask around your friends and family, most people know someone with one these days) and trying your luck.

and codex, sounds like a bad connection to me! either that or it's a movie-style net hacker testing your line for a way into your computer (or have i just been watching too much x-files! lol)

new topics

top topics

join