It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASU Research Implies That Prayers are Answered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Does God Answer Prayer?
ASU Research Says ‘Yes’

Tuesday, April 10th, 2007 at 6:30 am
By Frank DeMarco
Arizona State University
Prayers
"This is the ninth meta-analysis of Therapeutic Intention research, eight of which have supported the idea that the consciousness of a person(s) can have a therapeutic effect on the well-being of another organism. David Hodge is widely published and has appeared on the pages of Social Work, Social Work Research, Journal of Social Service Research, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, and Families in Society. He has also authored the book ‘Spiritual assessment: A handbook for helping professionals.’ - Thanks to Larry Dossey, MD

----------------------------------------------

David R. Hodge, an assistant professor of social work in the College of Human Services at Arizona State University’s West campus, has conducted an exhaustive meta-analysis on the effects of intercessory prayer among people with psychological or medical problems.

In other words, does God — or some other type of transcendent entity — answer prayer for healing?

According to Hodge’s study, ‘A Systematic Review of the Empirical Literature on Intercessory Prayer,’ the answer is ‘Yes.’

I think this is something that most of us are intuitively aware of. Although, there will always be nay-sayers to this type of thing. I think that as more research is done it will become quite apparent that prayer does indeed work.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm an atheist-christian-jew, but, I used to pray but my prayers were never answered and things never went my way. I disagree that prayer exists in working form.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I used to pray but my prayers were never answered and things never went my way. I disagree that prayer exists in working form.

So you prayed out of selfishness? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I used to pray but my prayers were never answered and things never went my way. I disagree that prayer exists in working form.

So you prayed out of selfishness? Is that what you are saying?

I had an ear infection, I had 2-20 vision, I didn't have contacts, and I couldn't get surgery until I was in 8th grade, and people thought I had ADHD because of it.

People didn't like my differences to them, and they thought I was different in middle school. Also, people left me alone for the most part, but people thought I was sensless sometimes, maybe I was, but that was because of the problems I had that I previously mentioned.

I prayed constantly, but no prayers were answered. Additionally, I had to deal with a chronic ear infection.

I felt absolutely miserable and I felt like I had no special talents because I couldn't see or hear anything.

Are you saying that I prayed for selfishness? I wanted to be like everyone else and to express my opinions freely, instead, I thought of it as a curse, and I never got anywhere with my social life in middle school.

Eventually, I recovered, but ten years after.

If you say that I prayed out of selfishness you are a heartless being.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i'm sure he/she didn't know your situation

i'm sure speaker has a heart

anyways, do i believe that god answers prayers? No. but i do believe in spoken energy, or saying a prayer or spell out loud and seeing a noticable outcome

i'm not good with words, hope that makes sence

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
i'm sure he/she didn't know your situation

i'm sure speaker has a heart

anyways, do i believe that god answers prayers? No. but i do believe in spoken energy, or saying a prayer or spell out loud and seeing a noticable outcome

i'm not good with words, hope that makes sence

I believe actions speak louder than words. If someone comes up to you and says that you are crazy they do not think highly of your actions.

You can change how people think of you, but it takes time, but you shouldn't care about what anyone else thinks about YOU, as you shouldn't ask them what they think about you, because they probably hate you and wouldn't talk to you again if you did.

People are very mean... and they have a nonsense attitude about life.

Prayers won't work with them. You don't get respect here, you have to EARN respect. At least, that has been what I learned.

I am sure that the people that thought I was sensless didn't understand my situation... and I may have misunderstood them too at the same time.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
there was also a study that showed praying doesn't help out at all. i think it was the templeton foundation that did it.

they measured the affects of prayer on the recovery of people undergoing identical bipass surgeries. those that were prayed for actually had a higher rate of complications.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I beleive God is inside each one of us and we are empowered through prayers and positive thinking to make wishes come true.
Quantum Praying

Do i want to go there again? :shk:

new topics

top topics

join