It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Publishes Answer To 'The Da Vinci Code'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Pope Publishes Answer To 'The Da Vinci Code'

newsinfo.inquirer.net

VATICAN CITY -- A book by Pope Benedict XVI to appear in Italian, German and Polish stores on Monday is billed as his answer to popular publications such as Dan Brown's best-selling "The Da Vinci Code."

Journalists on Friday received advance copies of the Italian edition of "Jesus of Nazareth," which attempts to reconcile the historical figure of Jesus with that of the Gospels.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Pope's answer to the Da vinci code described as simply expression of his own personal research.

I wonder what would be the critics comments about this one.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is hilarious how much controversy an admitted work of fiction has generated.

When the movie came out I saw people protesting it. That's more pathetic than people protesting the war, if that's even possible.

Maybe I should go protest Harry Potter.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Actually, people have protested Harry Potter! You wouldn't be the first.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oddly, I think there is a real parallel between this story and the whole Don Imus shindig.

By giving so much attention to Don Imus, people are indirectly making the statement that SHOCK JOCKS should be taken seriously.

The Pope, by responding to Dan Brown's book, is offering it a level of legitimacy that even DAN BROWN wouldn't claim it has!

The best way to diffuse someone who wants attention...is NOT to give them attention.

It seems simple. Maybe I'm missing something.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree Essedarius. Just ignore them and they'll eventually go away, or at least die down a bit.

But in all honesty, I believe that movies on religions are not necessary. It's really a too sensitive genre.

Peace,
Frontkjemper

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
I believe that movies on religions are not necessary. It's really a too sensitive genre.

I actually disagree with you on that one.

There have been religious books and movies that really make me think about what I believe in...make me formulate answers to questions that I may not have even considered before. (e.g., Was Jesus married?)

And really, wouldn't you agree that if a book or movie can completely derail your religious paradigm...well...it probably wasn't very sound to begin with?

If someone sincerely believes that they are RIGHT, then what are they afraid of?

top topics

join