It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonorrhea Now A Superbug?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
CDC says gonorrhea is drug-resistant

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AkJI0Q4vDJUKU554g6JyyVOs0NUE

ATLANTA - The sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea is now among the "superbugs" resistant to common antibiotics, leading U.S. health officials to recommend wider use of a different class of drugs to avert a public health crisis.

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.metalmedic.com...

Dr. Ludwig ads that magnetic changes in the environment can affect the electromagnetic balance of the human organism and contribute to disease.

Ever since the bees had their little issue with the billion plus dying off, I have been reading up more on magnetic fields and health. The fields can have an affect on smaller animals, reptiles, insects and apparently humans.

I am wondering more and more if we are seeing these super bugs in part due to the warmer climate, but I am wondering if there is a magnetic shift ongoing that we are not openly aware of that is also having subtle effects on other diseases?

I have been keeping an eye out for this stuff so to find a strain of something that humans are pretty accustomed to, that has become semi drug resistant is interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I noticed that headline the other day and am glad you brought it up. It's not surprising, given the increase in STDs. It's not unusual for one or two members of a bacterial colony to be resistant to conditions that kill the rest of them.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Since the use of large spectre medication in the beginning of the 90's and using too much anctibacterial, insecticide and others cleaning products were creating super resistant bacteria and Viruses as MRSA, C-Diff, SARS... and existing Bacteria and viruses become harder to treat. We need more antibiotics, more information about prescribing useless medication by practician only to prevent an infection. PRactician could do some test... really cheap test that determine the type of infection. Most of the time you can treat bacterial infection only. So all the drugs given for common flu and most of the Viral infection are useless. When given, these drugs start to be assimilate by the human body. When bacteria are often in contact with the same medication, it's started to change his capsula and the medication could not treat the new bacteria. The immunize system don't recognize the bacteria even if it is the same like the H5N1 (Avian Flu) and more than 80 different branch of the same disease.... Working more on prevention should help to stop the spreading of Superbug. Organism like CDC, Health Canada are already working on prevention programs and more industrialize countries. There's a big problem.... Countries in Development as Some parts of Asia, Africa and south-America have no such programs or don't have the money or the techbnology to treat infection well. So new bugs are coming to USA, Canada and Europe by the tourism and are really dangerous and untreatable.

Vaccination already prevent disease like rubeole some meningitis and tuberculosis. Again Vaccination can't always prevent diseases. In the past years, some disease like tuberculosis that we think that it was erradicated on planet earth is coming back. We see in hospital's Emergencies and EMS services new case of tuberculosis each day. Pretty freaking. One day a Super super bug will do the same as The Spanish flu and will cause a Mass Casualties incident.

But when... This is the question.

join