It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My beautiful little bird is very sick.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
She must know your very responible and would take good care of it. That is a compliment from her.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Oh I think he's taking a turn for the worse here.

I have been up with him all night. He falling again. Can't stand up. So many times. I don't know what to do for him. I'm giving him his medicine. I'm giving him his love.

I have asked God if he's going to just be in pain and not live to just go ahead and take his life. But, if you want you can make him strong again.

I don't know. He's doing bad. Not good at all. I've never watched something die before. I mean I been to funerals, and hospitals. But, to watch. I just don't think he's got much life left. Were trying.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How is Tweety doing?

Last post, didn't sound too good and have been wondering how everything is going...

Nat

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My little twetty surprises me so much. I don't know what to think.

Most of the time he stays at the bottom of the cage. Sometimes though, I see him sitting on his swing. Once yesterday and once today he made a "chirping" sound.

Took him to the vet yesterday, for his checkup. The doctor actually said he was surprised to still see him alive. He said the tumor shrank a little. Just keep giving the medicine. So that is what were doing.

I think the medicine is just prolonging the outcome. But it helps me to prepare.

My bird seems to have both good days and bad days. Sometimes it looks like he's going to be doing better when he's on his swing. Then next he's back on the bottom.

He love's to be held though. He'll let you hold him for hours.

In my other post I said I never watched anything die before. I totally forgot about the hampster my kids had when they were young. Yeah, we had him for about 4 or 5 years. I took it to the vet too. The vet was shocked we brought a hampster in. He said the vet bill will cost more than just buying another one. We didn't want another one. He said hampster generally don't live very long. He gave it medicine that maybe gave it about another month. We didn't buy another hampster. We got a bird instead.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh that is good to hear Shar, he has survived the critical stage!!

I really believe, the bird feels your love and that is part of the reason your Tweety is amazing you!

My Daughter had a rabbit called Bunny and well, you know how it is with pets, the adult ends up with all the responsibility. Well it was very intelligent and even resided in the house most of the time. They can be toilet trained, totally amazing. Anyway, my Son wanted a rabbit too, so we went off to the pet store and bought another one. I didnt realise that it was a buck and when we put them together they fought. Anyway, my Son's rabbit bit into Bunny's testicles. It was a big mess.

I rushed him to the vet and well, $700+ dollars later, they had operated on him and reconstructed that area of his body. His penis was very badly damaged. It really was amazing to see what the vet could do, reconstructing a little rabbit's penis

Anyway, after 4 days I took him home and was looking after him 24/7 and rabbits are so sensitive, any pain they will die. He was doing well and I had to take him back to the vet a week later to get the stitches out. Well, I had to see a different vet
. The SOB was too rough taking the stiches out and within 4 hours later, Bunny died in my arms. I saw him take his last breath, it was so tragic. I was devastated. It was my Daughters rabbit, I cried more than she did. That whole weekend, I was so upset, people I knew, they would say 'hi how are you?' and I would just burst into tears.

I still miss him now. But, I made him a little coffin and put him in the backyard and planted a tree on top of him. The tree ended up being very special too, my best friend gave it to me and she died from cancer a month after giving it to me.

I sold the house and moved and they are the only things I miss about it. Strange really, but I can't dig up my tree and rabbit. The tree has grown huge and well, Bunny would be decomposed after all this time.
I think I actually regret selling the house, just because of the tree.

hmm better get some therapy, I think lol

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Aww, how sad of a story.

Bless your heart. You did the right thing though, helping bunny out.

I know we get so attached to thing's. I think our animals get just attached to us.

Your right they know when they are loved. I love to give my love. It seem's you get loved right back. What a good feeling that is.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
4-21. This was a good day for Twetty. I know this because he chirped so much. It was so cute and so exciting. I was surprised at much he chirped. I loved it.

4-22 I was not on most of this day. Between sleeping and my Husbands birthday. However, when I was around he was quite. No chirping at all. He did eat so much. It's like he can just eat and eat and eat. He's not gained any of his weight back though that he lost.

4-23 6am I heard my bird eating all through the night. Eat and sleep and eat. I don't understand why he can't gain any weight back. Why has he lost so much. I mean if he wasn't eating I could understand, but he eats 10 times more than my other bird. I'm not exaggerating. He is staying so skinny. You can feel his bones. Not normal. I hope he's not in any pain. Were still giving him his medicine. I have no idea how long that is going to last. The vet said just keep giving it to him. Twetty is trying so hard.

4-25 Well twetty went to the 3rd visit to the doctor yesterday. Good News most of his tumor is gone. It has shrank. However, the vet say’s he is still very worried about Twetty because he is still sitting on the bottom of the cage and hasn’t gained his weight back. But he is eating a lot.

It was so funny yesterday, I was watching my husband give Twetty the medicine and for the first time he fought with him. My bird turned his head to the left then to the right then to the left and then ducked under his hand. It was so funny and the very first time he fought. That has to be good news, right? I mean he’s getting strength back to fight. Obviously he doesn’t like his medicine. The vet say’s at this point keep to giving it to him. My bird also bit to the vet. He didn’t mind though. He seems to think he’s getting strength back too.

For whatever reason he still bleeding in his stomach. My husband and I were talking about that. We were wondering if he got a tumor and it busted and he got an infection from that. Once the infection completely goes away maybe he will get better I don’t know. He’s been on medicine a long time or so it seems to me.
But, he’s still alive and gaining strength.

7:30am for the first time since his illness. I seen him with one leg tucked under him, and on his perch. All this time he’s been on two legs or his stomach, completely laying down, which I’ve never seen that before. This could be a promising sign.

11:40 PM OMG. He’s on one leg sleeping on his perch. Yeah. He’s a little wobbly but he’s doing it. I can’t believe this.

So many time’s the vet and us thought he wasn’t going to make it through the night. Much less a week. Look how long it has been. 12 whole days.

He’s actually asleep on his perch with one leg. Not on the bottom of the cage. Not falling down. Oh I hope this is the news I have prayed for. I hope this is good news. You never know.

The vet did say he’s still bleeding. Hopefully, that will stop.

He doesn’t seem to be eating as much. However, he does look like he’s picked his weight up a little. He was eating non stop there for a while. He would fall asleep eating. Wake up eat, sleep, eat, sleep. It worried me. Surely this is good news. Time will tell. If he pulls through this. It’s a miracle. No-one expected him to live this long.

I would hold him for a few hours during his worse times, trying to comfort him. My husband and daughter also took turns holding him. I know he has felt loved. When I talk to him, he looks at me and responds to me.

It’s so exciting. He’s chirping more too. O this has to be good news.

May 7-2007 6:15am

Well I haven’t kept this up. But, twetty is not doing good again. For about a week. He’s been back on the bottom of the cage. Not chirping the way he did that one day. Hasn’t been on one leg. Back on two legs. Wobbling and shaking again. I guess I was just hoping for a miracle. Poor little guy. He’s been sick so long now. For birds to be so tiny, they sure do put up a fight to stay alive. Were trying to help him out as much as possible.

May 14-2007

Well last night we started giving him honey. Today, he actually made it back up to his perch. Standing on 2 feet though. Not chirping. Not doing good still. I have to say I am so surprised he’s still alive. What a fighter he is.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My bird passed away today.

He was fine, well not fine but alive when I left to go shopping today. When I came home he had passed away. We had his funeral for him already.

I know he's in a better place flying with all the other beautiful birds.

May my twetty rest in peace.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh Shar

I am so sorry to hear of this. For a while Tweety seemed to be doing well...

You did everything you could do and more than what a lot of others would do. Sending you a *hug...

Very sad.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
k, wasn't sure if it was dead.

had to skim all the way down here.

Sorry your bird died, I myself am a mamal fish non bird person but it sucks when a pet dies

I love my pets

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks, NJE777, and Lysergic,

I am so sad right now. I have cried so much. My kids cried. We had his funeral for him. I come in my room and expect to see him because we had him beside me every since he’s been sick.

I’m so sad right now. We put him in his casket a (Tupperware type of thing) on some artificial Easter type grass and wrapped him up in a felt cloth. Put his casket in a trash bag and buried him under a tree.

I now just have to remember he’s no longer in pain. He tried so hard to live. He was such a strong beautiful bird.

He’ll be missed.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that he didnt make it. I think losing a pet is one of the most difficult things to go through, I hope this experience hasn't put you off having more pets in the future.
I love having dogs but when I lost my first one a few years ago (I lost pets when I was younger, but this was MY dog!!) it nearly killed me and I swore I wouldnt do it again, but 6 months passed and I felt lost without him and my home felt empty. I now have 2 (I know Im crazy!!), I know I willl feel the same pain when I lose them but my life isn't the same unless I've got a dog to share it with!!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for you to feel some peace.
Thats a bittersweet story.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oh, Shar, I know how it hurts when a tiny life we are responsible for doesn't make it.

you did everything you could -- in fact, you went above and beyond.

*hugs* to you and Minnie.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I was so sorry to hear that Twetty didn't make it, but from our previous conversations it seemed the outcome was inevitable. I'm glad to hear that you held a service and burial, and hope it brings some closure to a difficult situation your whole family has been going through for some time.

I know you have your faith to carry you through these hard times, and I hope you consider getting a new companion for your other bird fairly soon.

Death is a part of life we all need to accept, and we move on and cherish what we have just a little bit more.
Give my love to minnie, and all my best to the family.

anx...........

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Kurokage, Junglelord, MajorMalfunction, anxiety disorder,

Thanks to all your words of comfort. I appreciate you all.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I hope there's an afterlife for birds, and Twetty is gracing the ears of angels with little chirps.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Shar,

I'm very sorry to hear about your little bird. I know you did every thing you could for it. I'm sure she loved you very much and stayed with you as long as she could. She is happy and whole again; maybe she is even sitting in the Tree of Life singing for Jesus personally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join