It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone actually believe in the paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Becuase i know a lot of people dont, but i believe its true. i have seen paranormal actvity. post a comback on this

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I believe there are things which science has not (yet) explained/discovered. If the scientific community does not actively recognise a particular phenomenon or theory, it usually gets called paranormal. If ghosts or ET craft or PK get proven to be real, they would cease to be 'para' normal and in time, just be considered normal. So to answer your origional question, I believe in the possibility that paranormal activity is real and that it deserves the proper respect and investigation.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
While I believe most paranormal "experiences" are the result of active imaginations, I do believe beyond any doubt that there are things happening around us that cannot be explained 'logically'. I'm going to post a thread soon about strange noises I hear in my house that are certainly not 'normal'. (The problem is making my story succinct. I dont want to post a book of a thread that will bore people. Which I'll probably do here anyway!)

3 people beside myself have heard these noises, which include tapping on the walls, garbled voices and loud bird "chirping". It's crazy!
Another very strange one was heard by me and a friend in an upstairs hallway. It was a very loud sound like a coiled spring unraveling. BOING, BOING, BOING (Like those springy door-stops) Probably the weirdest sound Ive ever heard.

They've often been heard in the room we were in, sounding as though their source was right next to us. Months will go by with nothing out of the ordinary happening, then the sounds occur for a few days\nights, then it's quiet again.

I look for logical explanations, but there are none. I'm clueless. If it's a ghost, why the crazy noises, and why so infrequently? If I HAD to venture a guess, I'd say it's some kind of 'entity', 'energy', whatever. I just dont know.

A cousin of mine once lived in a house I believe was "haunted", in that there was a ghost or entity residing there. He told me some very scary stories, and he was not a BSer. I only had a couple experiences there. Both times, it was footsteps in the kitchen when no one was IN tne kitchen.
Bumps, thuds, creaking can be explained away, but footsteps are unmistakable! I'm talking about someone walking across the floor, 5-6 loud steps.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Months will go by with nothing out of the ordinary happening, then the sounds occur for a few days\nights, then it's quiet again.

i believe you may have a mischeivious spirit on your hands.i think it doesnt want to scare you but let u know its there.more and more often untill you accept it.maybe maybe not.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Lares,
What experiences have you had, if I may ask?

ward8,
I read your thread...sounds like you are having a similar experience as mine! I'd like to think(as you suggest)
Ive got a mischevious spirit, as opposed to something nasty.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think that science can't explain everything but personally I think that some paranormal things could exist.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Sk8land4]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
ya... i believe in the paranormal.. ive had alot of stuff happen....

but honestly why ask this question on a forum..... in order to have a worthwhle conversation u need somone who have opposing views... if somone doesnt believe than somone does makes it perfect... otherwise wed have a horrible forum here... XD lol

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
to get rid of any bothersome/ evil spirits just make or buy an orgone generator www.orgonite.info... very simple and youll feel the best you have felt in years!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
lw2525
its confuzing for me.because my father will not tell me any thing about any thing.things fly toward him at his house.and doors slam.while im at home i get constant knocking around my house, lights turning themselves on and off after 6 months of not being able to work.....

my fridge opend for me one time.i have also be experimenting with ball lightning(pci balls) and they tend to do the opposite of what i do....sometimes it becomes clear as to where the energy goes but others not so much.my closet stay open 24/7. and no matter how many times or what i do i cannot test this entity.it has a greater power or i am a pawn in its game with my father.sorry about goin a bit off topic but also this was the spirit i belive has control over a friendly spirit of my dads and it is large and red.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Certainly. Science does not and will never have all the answers. As long as there is a failure by the scientific community to at least take into consideration that there are realms beyond what we see,touch, hear,taste and smell, it will continue to have to "search" in vain for answers.

new topics

top topics

join