It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tito Ortiz Vs. Dana White

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Tito Ortiz Vs. Dana White

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz and UFC president Dana White are fighting tonight on Spike TV. On the west coast it airs at 11pm.

This should be highly entertaining, I knew Dana was into mixed martial arts but I had no idea he could/would enter the octagon with someone like Tito “The Huntington Beach Bad Ass”.

I'll be curious to see if it's a real all out fight or just a promotional showcase....though I doubt the UFC would promote some watered down show.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was watching it last night, I fell asleep with about 20 minutes left. Someone tell me what happen.

And its not a MMA fight, just boxing.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Tito didn't show for the fight.

He called Dana a couple hours before the fight and said "I'm not fighting, I'll let you off on this one"...or something like that. Anyway it was a 1.5 hour WASTE of time. It was a sanctioned fight too, the committee members were pissed.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i was not aware dana would fight at all... but i feel like this is a scripted vince mcmahon type of stunt! UFC better start scripting soon because their fights are becoming extremely boring and lots of people i know dont even want to pay for the ppv's anymore!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Tito didn't show for the fight.

Yeah, and they had the nerve to telecast it and make it 90 minutes too, which made viewers think the fight was going to be at the end.

I think they both realized it was a lose-lose sitch. Tito couldn't hurt the Owner, and no way Dana was going to be able to hurt Tito with boxing gloves on. So it should have stayed as a non-friendly but exhibition match held in the basement with no one there but their corners (and maybe a guy filming it on the sly).

Grrr.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Man I hate to see this kind of thing happening in the MMA world.

If they let PROMOTION become more important than COMPETITION, they'll lose their credibility and end up in the outhouse with boxing and wrestling.

Sure, every fight may not be exciting, but as long as every fight is REAL people will continue to pay up.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I disagree with you guys, the show was not even announced as a fight, it was simply a documentry on why they were going to/supposed to fight. I completely disagree when people say that it was nothing but a stunt to get more people dramatically into UFC. For one, the show was hardly advertised, if advertised at all. For two, a fat out of shape president of a company isn't going to dedicate 6-8 weeks of his time training for a fight that is just a stunt the promote the real UFC.

but i feel like this is a scripted vince mcmahon type of stunt! UFC better start scripting soon because their fights are becoming extremely boring and lots of people i know dont even want to pay for the ppv's anymore!

The reason you and your friends think the fights are becoming boring is because you'd rather see drama, with a fight thrown in. UFC has made it quite clear over the years that they are about the sport, not drama. People don't pay $60 to watch a fight unless they like the sport for what it is all about. If you want more drama, just watch the real world.

With that being said, I think the only reason they actually aired this is because Dana White could get it aired, and make Tito look like a piece of sh*t for backing down.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't know about scripting the fights, you mean in a matter like they do with the WWE? Not so much that its fake, but to get feuds going and stuff along like that?

top topics

join